Home

Name some of the biggest 'busts' at WR in the draft in the last 5 yrs?

This is a discussion on Name some of the biggest 'busts' at WR in the draft in the last 5 yrs? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: Name some of the biggest 'busts' at WR in the draft in the last 5 yrs?

Steve Young lined up at FB in the NFL, despite being roughtly the same size they were built completely differently. Steve Young was a lot like Tim Tebow in his frame, whereas Slash was more like Michael Vick in his frame. Not to mention Stewart didn't have the Football IQ or overall arm strength Steve Young had. You are putting way to much emphasis on accuracy. Take Ken Dorsey from Miami, accuracy was never an issue for him, the lack of a big time arm was however.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #58
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Steve Young lined up at FB in the NFL, despite being roughtly the same size they were built completely differently. Steve Young was a lot like Tim Tebow in his frame, whereas Slash was more like Michael Vick in his frame. Not to mention Stewart didn't have the Football IQ or overall arm strength Steve Young had. You are putting way to much emphasis on accuracy. Take Ken Dorsey from Miami, accuracy was never an issue for him, the lack of a big time arm was however.
Kordell had alot of problems with his footwork and timing. He was not very accurate and had a windup to his delivery.

No chance in hell you are going to get away with saying he didn't have as good an arm as Young. That's laughable on it's face.

Ken Dorsey went to a horrendous 49ers franchise that has been a dead zone for quarterbacking. If he was playing behind Tom when he went down (instead of Cassell) he would have put up solid numbers.

If you can't hit what you're throwing at in this league you will fail. Period. It is SUPER easy to throw the ball now. 17 players threw for more than 3500 yards this season, and 18 players threw for at least 20 TDs. It's a cake walk with these rules. But if you're out there throwing the ball into the dirt, none of that matters.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:37 PM   #59
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Kordell had alot of problems with his footwork and timing. He was not very accurate and had a windup to his delivery.

No chance in hell you are going to get away with saying he didn't have as good an arm as Young. That's laughable on it's face.

Ken Dorsey went to a horrendous 49ers franchise that has been a dead zone for quarterbacking. If he was playing behind Tom when he went down (instead of Cassell) he would have put up solid numbers.

If you can't hit what you're throwing at in this league you will fail. Period. It is SUPER easy to throw the ball now. 17 players threw for more than 3500 yards this season, and 18 players threw for at least 20 TDs. It's a cake walk with these rules. But if you're out there throwing the ball into the dirt, none of that matters.

A small rodent can throw harder than Ken Dorsey. He can't even put it in hard in tight spots in the short passing game.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #60
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
A small rodent can throw harder than Ken Dorsey. He can't even put it in hard in tight spots in the short passing game.
I'm not saying he has some great arm. I'm saying that it's a TOUCH PASSER'S league. Not a bullet thrower's league.

Look at the Superbowl winners since 2001

Brady
Johnson
Brady 2 more times
Roethlisberger
Manning the elder
Manning the younger
Roethlisberger again
Brees

There's not a cannon in there. Ben probably has the best arm, but it's academic because he's not a bullet thrower anyway. His game is scrambling around and throwing medium range passes late.

Massive arm strength is the most overrated quality an NFL QB can have.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:09 PM   #61
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

I don't think Dwayne Jarret is a complete bust yet. He hasn't basically been allowed on the field, and when he was he has done pretty well.

You can chalk up Dwayne Jarret to John Fox's stubbornness.

I don't think you can call Urrutia a bust. I'm pretty sure he went undrafted. He could have stayed at Louisville another year, but another year under Kragthorpe would have totally tanked him. Kragthorpe was the master of wrecking our program and destroying pro-football hopefuls.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 04:25 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf
I don't think Dwayne Jarret is a complete bust yet. He hasn't basically been allowed on the field, and when he was he has done pretty well.

I don't think you can call Urrutia a bust. I'm pretty sure he went undrafted. He could have stayed at Louisville another year, but another year under Kragthorpe would have totally tanked him. Kragthorpe was the master of wrecking our program and destroying pro-football hopefuls.
I think it's also impossible to call a mid-2nd round pick a bust.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:37 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 2

In some cases it is hard to call a WR a bust when the team is a bust.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:08 AM   #64
Pro

pw_1016's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madwolf

yeah, I guess you cant call Urrutia a bust...I said it at first but now I dont think he is. by the way, he was drafted...in the 5th or 6th round I think..

However, with his size and the things he did at Louisville...I would have expected more..he probably would have been drafted higher if he had stayed another year...he didnt have a great junior year anyhow.

i dont know where some of these players get advice that they should come out early.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »