Home

Top 5 NFL Draft Prospects By Position

This is a discussion on Top 5 NFL Draft Prospects By Position within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Top 5 NFL Draft Prospects By Position

http://www.franchiseplay.net/articles/20100306_2

What do you think of Dan LeFevour from Central Michigan?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
Pro

SuperChargers's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Top 5 NFL Draft Prospects By Position

I dont think LeFevour is better than Bradford or Colt McCoy for that matter. and why did they choose to use NCAA pics instead of actual ones?

Edit: Saw them putting McCoy in mid first and i dont see that happening at all and i think Tony Pike is a borderline 2-3 round guy not 1-2. no way 5 qbs qould be taken in the first

Last edited by SuperChargers; 03-06-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:29 PM   #3
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Whoever wrote this blog is terrible.

Bradford is #4 because he's not a great athlete, and McCoy is #3 because he is a great athlete? What? Has this person not been watching football for the last 10 years? Being a great athlete is MEANINGLESS at the QB position. Can you throw the ball accurately under pressure? That's all that matters. Being an athlete at the QB position is a liability in the NFL because you're more tempted to take risks with your body that management won't like. Or worse yet, take off running before you've allowed the play to develop.

And Brady Quinn...err...Squishy Face...err...Jimmy Clausen is #1? Really? Did you actually watch him LOSE TO EVERY RANKED TEAM he played against? The guy has no clutch in him. He will choke away the important throws. He's an immature guy off the field and could turn into a media nightmare ala Ryan Leaf.

If Bradford is healthy he's the top QB. Pike did not do so hot at the combine, but he has the size and accuracy to do well in the right system. I haven't seen Saturday Night Lafevour play so I can't offer an opinion.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 62

I am not sold on any QB in this Draft as an NFL prospect, if not for desperate teams no one is really worthy of a Round 1 grade. That said, Dan LeFevour could possibly be the best QB in this Draft in the long run. Like I said about Tebow, I think Dan LeFevour would be best suited going where he could sit, learn, and work with a top QB coach/OC. In 4-5 years I think he could become a Tony Romo type player. He had tremendous production at CMU, but lets be honest it was in an offense he won't be running in the NFL. IIRC he actually would have been the first player to run/pass for 20 TDs in the same season if a TD hadn't been called back while at CMU.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:16 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
The guy has no clutch in him. He will choke away the important throws.
That's the most laughable thing I've read all day. Did you not watch any Notre Dame games this past year? Apparently not..
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 02:43 PM   #6
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
That's the most laughable thing I've read all day. Did you not watch any Notre Dame games this past year? Apparently not..
I watched them all. I was rooting for Weiss to get fired.

Clutch does not mean throwing well against crappy teams. When he needed to step up against ranked competition he fell flat on his arse. He sucked and that's why no one is really looking at him as the next great thing.

You seem not to care that his so called "come back" games were largely against weak opponents. The strength of the opponent matters, especially in college where the difference in talent from team to team is so vast.
Old 03-06-2010, 02:49 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
I watched them all. I was rooting for Weiss to get fired.

Clutch does not mean throwing well against crappy teams. When he needed to step up against ranked competition he fell flat on his arse. He sucked and that's why no one is really looking at him as the next great thing.

You seem not to care that his so called "come back" games were largely against weak opponents. The strength of the opponent matters, especially in college where the difference in talent from team to team is so vast.
I still don't understand why everyone is acting as if Notre Dame was so much more talented/better than their opponents. They went 6-6 this year. They were a mediocre team at best. You guys bring up the schedule card often, yet Notre Dame went 6-6 with that schedule.....
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 03-06-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I still don't understand why everyone is acting as if Notre Dame was so much more talented/better than their opponents. They went 6-6 this year. They were a mediocre team at best. You guys bring up the schedule card often, yet Notre Dame went 6-6 with that schedule.....
Oh we agree, they were a mediocre team.

But you don't want to admit that it's partly because they had a mediocre quarterback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »