Home

Rams #1 Pick: Suh or Bradford?

This is a discussion on Rams #1 Pick: Suh or Bradford? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2010, 12:35 PM   #25
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Rams #1 Pick: Suh or Bradford?

I'd like to see the Rams pick Bradford. They can win games with a competent QB, and how many game winning plays can a good DT generate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 12:42 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
I'd like to see the Rams pick Bradford. They can win games with a competent QB, and how many game winning plays can a good DT generate?
Suh was a half a second away from winning Nebraska the Big 12 championship.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:16 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 1

Bradford, They need to build their team around a guy. You cant have a DT be the face of the team. Suh looks like he will be a monster but if he going to win you games.? How many 4th quarter combacks are started with or ended with by a Big time DT????

I do however think if they get Bradford that he needs to sit a couple years, they need to fix that team a bit more before throwing him into the fire or he will most likely fail. Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez all stepped into teams that were stable in other areas they did well their first years, Stafford did not do so hot.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:26 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

In the NFL DT's don't win you games.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I would agree, seeing as a QB has the most options out of any player on the field after the snap and is the one making the decision when he throws the ball...

but on defense, if you can push the pocket up the middle, even only 20% of the time, the whole line benefits and more sacks are generated.

Great DT's are HARD to find. Harder than a great QB, honestly.

Yeah, you can't lead an offensive comeback if you don't have the tools at QB, but will you need to make that comeback if the opposing team struggles to run or throw the ball because you have an absolute monster in the middle?

A great QB isn't gonna get you that stop you need on the last play of the game.
Old 03-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Suh. Rebuild from the trenches out. Bring in some caretaker until you have something there for a young QB to use. No point in bringing in Bradford and turning him into the next David Carr or Tim Couch. Jeff Garcia can still play and I bet he'd like another shot to start for a couple of season. Not like this QB class is all that great anyway.
all of the above

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
What weapons have the Rams added to make now the time to think differently? They tried to boost their oline a bit last year but had injury issues. They've lost Bruce and then Holt, and anyone else with a pulse on the outside has gotten injured. This team is still not at a point where drafting a QB early makes sense, so keep building around the spot. Hell, this is the perfect year for that scenario since there isn't a Peyton Manning type player to decide on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
You are not.

I'm still stunned that Ryan didn't turn into a bust.
This is in line with Cebby's repeated comments about QBs. There are a few that have HOF potential and a few that are just not going to be good. The vast majority are in the middle and how good they are is greatly determined by the success of their team and/or their stats... both of which being tied to the players around them. I think Ryan will be fine... not great but potential to be very good. But why? Remember his rookie year he did well with Turner running out of his mind and White breaking out. Last year those two both took a step back and so did he. Right now I don't see any QB projected in the first round being as good as Ryan, and the Rams don't have a chance of giving any of them the kind of support Ryan (or Flacco, Sanchez or even Stafford and Freeman for that matter) had.

Quote:
Contrary to popular belief, QBs don't win games by themselves either. HOF players do make a huge difference no matter their position though. Who knows if Suh ends up in the HOF but I'd bet money that Bradford doesn't have a shot. Dominant DTs help make rushing DEs shine. They help good LBs get to RBs. They help the D line get pressure on the QB making secondaries look better than they really are. A dominant DT with good pieces around him can make up a dominant defense, which can win you games.

I probably wouldn't take the best DT in the NFL over the best QB... but is that what we're talking about here? Is anyone saying that Bradford will be a better QB than Suh will be a DT in the NFL?
Old 03-08-2010, 02:06 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

Again, DT's are a luxury in today's NFL. Is it nice to have one? You betcha. But pretty much 30 out of 30 GM's will take a DE, CB, QB, LT before they even think about DT.

It's a perimeter game now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 PM   #32
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Again, DT's are a luxury in today's NFL. Is it nice to have one? You betcha. But pretty much 30 out of 30 GM's will take a DE, CB, QB, LT before they even think about DT.

It's a perimeter game now.
This is because there are more DEs, CBs, QBs and even LTs (this probably the closest) out there with game changing potential. That actually makes the DT on that level more valuable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »