Home

Rams #1 Pick: Suh or Bradford?

This is a discussion on Rams #1 Pick: Suh or Bradford? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #49
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: Rams #1 Pick: Suh or Bradford?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnofx
I'm PRAYING the Rams take Bradford. I want Suh in Detroit. I won't be heartbroken if we take McCoy, however. The closer we get to draft day, the more it sounds like this could happen...
If the Rams are smart, they will grab Suh. Personally though, I would rather see him in Detriot, I don't really have any interest in the Rams. As for the Lions, they are one of my favorite teams. I would love to see Detroit making a big turn around and making a run at the playoffs after a 0-16 season.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:58 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 13

I'll be done for now with the Clausen arguments since you don't seem to see it's my opinion they should draft him.

All I've said was that the Rams should draft a QB. Bradford would also be a good choice. I do want them to draft Suh, because then they won't be contenders as quick.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:12 AM   #51
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

At this point I think they should take Suh. Everything I've heard about him says he'll be great enough to warrant the top pick, and McCoy should go #2. I'll admit I was wrong to consider Clausen earlier.

If you're in the second half of the first round, I think Clausen could be a bargain at that point if you're looking for a QB still, but not first overall. His price in terms of money would be much cheaper and it may be more in line with where he fits in this draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
How does it not answer the question?

Suh-The most dominant defensive lineman in at least a decade

Bradford-Spread quarterback who never faced pressure and was injured a few times this last year

Clausen-Wasn't a good player to anyone but domers

One player was a dominant player in college. The other two are potential (one of whom isn't even in the conversation outside of you and your clown brethren).

Thus, the player with great physical numbers and amazing college career is the least likely to bust.
Please tell me you didn't just say Tebow is a better pro QB prospect than Bradford and Clausen. If we're clowns, then you're the whole circus. He has mechanics so broken he didn't even throw at the combine because he knew how poor he'd look in comparison to the other QBs attending. He's attempting to rebuild his throwing motion after his college career when the appropriate time to do it was during his college career so that he could demonstrate it on the field. Every scout and GM in the NFL will tell you Tebow is a project; right now there's no certainty he could be an NFL QB at all.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)

Last edited by lonewolf371; 03-09-2010 at 08:25 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 07:31 AM   #52
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

Suh.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:33 AM   #53
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I can see how you'd be confused... since that clearly isn't what I said.

It's easier to find a great Qb than a great DT. As I asked in my previous post, are you or anyone else saying that Bradford may be a HOF QB? Peyton Manning? Carson Palmer (coming into the draft)? Even Eli/Rivers/Cutler? The chance of Suh playing 10+ years with multiple pro bowls, all pros and possibly HOF are much better than any QB in this draft... and the chance of finding a DT with that kind of potential is much less than a QB pretty much any time. Both are reasons this shouldn't even be a discussion.
I'm still saying I think most teams would take a "good or solid" QB over a great DT. I think we're all smart enough to realize there is no "locks" in a draft. Suh may be ordinary in the NFL. Bradford may be a pro bowler.

Either way I still believe in the league today that DT is a luxury position.

Old 03-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #54
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf371

Please tell me you didn't just say Tebow is a better pro QB prospect than Bradford and Clausen. If we're clowns, then you're the whole circus. He has mechanics so broken he didn't even throw at the combine because he knew how poor he'd look in comparison to the other QBs attending. He's attempting to rebuild his throwing motion after his college career when the appropriate time to do it was during his college career so that he could demonstrate it on the field. Every scout and GM in the NFL will tell you Tebow is a project; right now there's no certainty he could be an NFL QB at all.
He didn't say that at all. You asked why he said Suh is less likely to bust.

He said it's because Suh is much better at his position then Bradford/Clausen are at their position in that he has no doubts at all in his physical tools and had a much better college career.

If we rated them in an overall system for prospects, Suh would be a 99 DT while Bradford/Clausen would be 83 QBs.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
I'm still saying I think most teams would take a "good or solid" QB over a great DT. I think we're all smart enough to realize there is no "locks" in a draft. Suh may be ordinary in the NFL. Bradford may be a pro bowler.

Either way I still believe in the league today that DT is a luxury position.
So might Tebow, but who's saying draft him 1st overall? No one is talking about locks. Some 6th round kid we've never heard off/cared about could be the best guy out of this class. Does that mean teams should reach because there's no locks?

I don't believe in luxury positions. There isn't any position you can really afford to have weak talent in and there's no position that doesn't help a team to have a top talent in. In fact, if teams don't care about DT, and they make a big deal out of a DT kid, wouldn't that mean he's really something special if your view that teams don't really care about DTs is true?

And there are more highly projected QBs than highly projected DTs. Every year there's some QB that's projected to be high end. How many years is there a DT that's projected that high?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #56
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
He didn't say that at all. You asked why he said Suh is less likely to bust.

He said it's because Suh is much better at his position then Bradford/Clausen are at their position in that he has no doubts at all in his physical tools and had a much better college career.

If we rated them in an overall system for prospects, Suh would be a 99 DT while Bradford/Clausen would be 83 QBs.
I disagree here. I thought Bradford was the top QB prospect last year...and that turned out to be a pretty good class. Besides the shoulder injury which certainly doesn't spell doom, I'm not sure why he dropped so much as a prospect.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »