Home

Derek Anderson destroys the Browns Fans

This is a discussion on Derek Anderson destroys the Browns Fans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 02:59 AM   #9
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Derek Anderson destroys the Browns Fans

I wish he worried more about his performance than what the fans thought of him. This all may have ended up better.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:31 AM   #10
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Diesel
I wish he worried more about his performance than what the fans thought of him. This all may have ended up better.
Yeah no kidding. He's been pouting for 2 years now.
Old 03-10-2010, 04:37 AM   #11
Heroes Never Die

IlliniM1ke's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah he handled it poorly with his timing.

If you're that irritated by the fanbase say it when it happens (like Couch), don't wait until you're released, just makes you look like a crybaby.
MLB- St. Louis Cardinals
NBA- Boston Celtics
NHL- Chicago Blackhawks

Formerly CardsFan27
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 05:34 AM   #12
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I don't disagree with him at all honestly.

I've been down there, our fanbase since 99, is terrible. Pre-move, we had the most loyal fans I had ever seen. Rooting for the team, not trying to find which QB or player we can cheer when they are injured. It's a joke. It's why I don't have season tickets anymore, the fanbase down there, they aren't the real fans, as the PSL and other BS the team put in place back in 99 pushed the real fans aside so people with money could come in.

I know, it's a business, but the real fans aren't at that stadium. The fans DA is talking about are the morons who go down there, get trashed, and get in fights on a weekly basis.

I agree that DA was the QB to go, and he had his shot, he's not the QB here (he will land a job in the NFL though, Arizona or somewhere like that, arm is too good). Quinn should be the next to go if they grab Troy Smith. Start fresh, let Wallace start the year with Smith under him, gradually giving the job to Smith as time goes on. But who am I?

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 AM   #13
All Star

OVR: 35

I agree with EG that the fan base at the stadium has changed since before the move. It's more of a social event than a game anymore. Part of that is probably the losing since the return, though.

Apparently, Anderson has already apologized for his comments and said they weren't taken out of context. At least he manned up about it. However, Browns fans will always remember what he said first and not the apology.

I think he's a below-average QB. He has the worst touch on short passes I have ever seen. It's unbelievable how many times he overthrew a running back on a short dump off. Edwards, Winslow, and Jurevicious bailed him out with a lot of great catches in his Pro Bowl season (of course Edwards' dropsies helped lead to DA's demise in 2008).

The thing that bothers me the most about his ability as a QB is that he's thin-skinned (as evidence by how much the fans' behavior bothered him). That and his performance when he threw a bunch of picks in a crucial game against a lousy Bengals team in 2007 with the playoffs on the line shows that he doesn't have "it" as far as being a great QB. He's a perfect backup because he can get hot and have a few good quarters, but he's definitely not starter material.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:34 AM   #14
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

The only thing his apology proves is how little of a brain he has.

Just like when he was on the football field, he never thought before doing something.

What a brain dead moron.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #15
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauertjs
I agree with EG that the fan base at the stadium has changed since before the move. It's more of a social event than a game anymore. Part of that is probably the losing since the return, though.

Apparently, Anderson has already apologized for his comments and said they weren't taken out of context. At least he manned up about it. However, Browns fans will always remember what he said first and not the apology.

I think he's a below-average QB. He has the worst touch on short passes I have ever seen. It's unbelievable how many times he overthrew a running back on a short dump off. Edwards, Winslow, and Jurevicious bailed him out with a lot of great catches in his Pro Bowl season (of course Edwards' dropsies helped lead to DA's demise in 2008).

The thing that bothers me the most about his ability as a QB is that he's thin-skinned (as evidence by how much the fans' behavior bothered him). That and his performance when he threw a bunch of picks in a crucial game against a lousy Bengals team in 2007 with the playoffs on the line shows that he doesn't have "it" as far as being a great QB. He's a perfect backup because he can get hot and have a few good quarters, but he's definitely not starter material.
I think this is about as close to my feelings on him as it can get.

I think I agree with Holmgren's assessment of the two QBs also (DA and Quinn).

As for Browns fans, of course you can't categorize every fan of any team but it seems everything he said about the ones he's talking about is spot on. Edwards said similar things before he left. It is what it is. Still doesn't make it right that either would speak about fans like that to the media but it doesn't mean it's not true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 11:42 AM   #16
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I think this is about as close to my feelings on him as it can get.

I think I agree with Holmgren's assessment of the two QBs also (DA and Quinn).

As for Browns fans, of course you can't categorize every fan of any team but it seems everything he said about the ones he's talking about is spot on. Edwards said similar things before he left. It is what it is. Still doesn't make it right that either would speak about fans like that to the media but it doesn't mean it's not true.
What was his assessment?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »