Home

Derek Anderson destroys the Browns Fans

This is a discussion on Derek Anderson destroys the Browns Fans within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2010, 12:28 PM   #57
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Re: Derek Anderson destroys the Browns Fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
I'm talking more about at or after an actual game, as well as on a message board.
No emotion whatsoever anywhere in sports. Just sit down, shut the hell up and eat your nachos.

Good times.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:19 PM   #58
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Alrighty, so you're Mr. Calm while everyone else is a friggin' idiot for showing emotion.

Ultimately, it's the play that gets things to change, but if fans ho-hum around like nothing is wrong, you know what you get? The Clippers.

But hey, you're the best fan in the whole damn world. Silly **** this is.
Not booing means no emotion, lmao. Guess I'm just lucky that my team hasn't played many games where the fanbase was driven to booing them so I haven't had to experience the phenomenon that everyone seems to share besides me.

Or maybe there are plenty of people that think exactly like me and those that need to justify idiotic behavior lean on the excuse that "everyone does it" or "that's how a fan is supposed to act" to make them feel better.

Which brings us back to the point in the other thread... who is your team that you so passionately boo (since only booing is showing emotion)? How did you gain this great knowledge, old wise one? What team do you follow that gave you the experience to back up your claims of what being a proper NFL fan means?

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
There are fans who think with emotion (the majority of sports fans), and then there are fans who think with logic. There are distinct and obvious differences.

In my opinion, generally fans who think with emotion are idiots.
bingo (and I'd change "generally fans" to "generally people")
Old 03-17-2010, 01:21 PM   #59
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

In case anyone cared, Derek Anderson is with the Arizona Cardinals

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:28 PM   #60
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
In case anyone cared, Derek Anderson is with the Arizona Cardinals
Did he sign or just in for a visit at this point?

I actually think Arizona's a good place for him if there is such a thing as a good place for him. Either Leinart steps up and DA's a great back up, or Leinert fizzles and DA's a good person to step in for the rest of the year before they draft a QB.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #61
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Not booing means no emotion, lmao. Guess I'm just lucky that my team hasn't played many games where the fanbase was driven to booing them so I haven't had to experience the phenomenon that everyone seems to share besides me.

Or maybe there are plenty of people that think exactly like me and those that need to justify idiotic behavior lean on the excuse that "everyone does it" or "that's how a fan is supposed to act" to make them feel better.

Which brings us back to the point in the other thread... who is your team that you so passionately boo (since only booing is showing emotion)? How did you gain this great knowledge, old wise one? What team do you follow that gave you the experience to back up your claims of what being a proper NFL fan means?
Nobody is going to see me pass judgement or tell people on how to act when it comes to their behavior as sports fans. You made it obvious that you do, but just realize that alot of people don't think or act like you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #62
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Nobody is going to see me pass judgement or tell people on how to act when it comes to their behavior as sports fans. You made it obvious that you do, but just realize that alot of people don't think or act like you.
Says the guy who made this post:

Quote:
That's some Midwestern/West Coast thinking right there. Sit on your thumbs and just sigh a little while your team look like clowns on the playing field.
Unless you're fond of the Midwestern lifestyle, that's an insulting judgment passed there. And this post...

Quote:
Alrighty, so you're Mr. Calm while everyone else is a friggin' idiot for showing emotion.

Ultimately, it's the play that gets things to change, but if fans ho-hum around like nothing is wrong, you know what you get? The Clippers.

But hey, you're the best fan in the whole damn world. Silly **** this is.
No judgment there either.

I know a lot of people don't think like me... and a lot of people do. You've spent most of this thread trying to show that my view point is that of someone who thinks they're the best sports fan in the world. I think you got it backwards on who needs the reality check here.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:20 PM   #63
P2K
Banned

That's not passing judgement. That's real because fans from those parts have come out and passed judgement on fans from New York and Philly. So, I am calling them out for what they are. Is that all of them? Of course not. There are always exceptions.

But if that is how they want to be, then fine. You won't see me tell them how to act. I guess you made that your job.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:27 PM   #64
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
No emotion whatsoever anywhere in sports. Just sit down, shut the hell up and eat your nachos.

Good times.
If that's the way you want to look at it, then so be it. I actually think you're smart enough to know what it means when, like wwharton said (which I agree with), people generally think with emotion rather than logic. If you don't understand that, then I don't know what to tell you.

Hint: It has little to nothing to do with people "cheering" or "booing" at a ballgame.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »