Home

2010 NFL Draft Thread

This is a discussion on 2010 NFL Draft Thread within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2010, 07:45 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: 2010 NFL Draft Thread

It'd really be great for the Texans to trade up and get Berry. I just think he'll be the next great safety. It's unlikely to happen though, because Smith values his picks and he does pick well in the first 4 rounds.

Next I know it's crazy but I think Haynesworth is on the block, I think even a Haynesworth that plays 50% is better than any DT we have now. Plus put the guy next to Mario, i think both will benefit from that.

Other than that I hope we draft Wilson, Matthews, or Earl Thomas in the first round. Of course if a guy like Spiller somehow drops to 20 i'll gladly take him.

If no HB in the first then Gehart in the 2nd. No matter what happens though i trust Rick Smith in his drafting, to draft quality players who will help out immediately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 08:12 PM   #66
Pro

SuperChargers's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
It'd really be great for the Texans to trade up and get Berry. I just think he'll be the next great safety. It's unlikely to happen though, because Smith values his picks and he does pick well in the first 4 rounds.

Next I know it's crazy but I think Haynesworth is on the block, I think even a Haynesworth that plays 50% is better than any DT we have now. Plus put the guy next to Mario, i think both will benefit from that.

Other than that I hope we draft Wilson, Matthews, or Earl Thomas in the first round. Of course if a guy like Spiller somehow drops to 20 i'll gladly take him.

If no HB in the first then Gehart in the 2nd. No matter what happens though i trust Rick Smith in his drafting, to draft quality players who will help out immediately.
If I were the Texans I think it would be a dumb move to trade for Haynesworth, and I do believe he is on the block. His contract is too huge to really get anyone to trade for him. i think the redskins will have to either ride him out, trade him dirt cheap, or even flat out release him if he is that much of a problem.

Also I wouldn't want Gerhart in the second. I'm pretty sure Dwyer will be there and he is a better prospect in my opinion. Plus, I see Gerhart dropping to the third. Overall the draft is stacked with runningback talent and they could go as low as the 4th-5th and still draft a quality runningback to get that run game going.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:07 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChargers
If I were the Texans I think it would be a dumb move to trade for Haynesworth, and I do believe he is on the block. His contract is too huge to really get anyone to trade for him. i think the redskins will have to either ride him out, trade him dirt cheap, or even flat out release him if he is that much of a problem.

Also I wouldn't want Gerhart in the second. I'm pretty sure Dwyer will be there and he is a better prospect in my opinion. Plus, I see Gerhart dropping to the third. Overall the draft is stacked with runningback talent and they could go as low as the 4th-5th and still draft a quality runningback to get that run game going.
I just don't think Haynesworth will be a problem here, and that he'd be better than anything we've had at DT AND anything we've tried to draft there even if he came here and gave 50%. Hopefully he'd be on a winning team again, and our best players shouldn't ego-clash with him because they are pretty laid back. It would also get DT off the board and allow us to draft a secondary player. Plus he'd play the Titans 2x a year. Like I said I know it's crazy, but the Texans are very close to putting elite team on the field. I just don't know if another rookie DT will solve that problem and Okoye just isn't built to be a big run stopper like Albert is.

As for waiting until the 4th 5th round to draft a HB again. I really hope we don't do that again. Running was a major problem for this team last year, they can't hope that Foster and Slaton will fix the problem. Kubiak's zone blocking hasn't really worked out as planned to where he just put any guy back there and produce.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #68
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

I swear if the Browns trade up and take Bradford, I'll jump off a cliff.

Just take Berry at 7 and McCoy or Tebow in the 2nd round, it's not that hard.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #69
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChargers

I can't give you exact numbers but I think Haynesworth's contract is pretty affordable right now. The big number was the signing bonus. I think the Redskins would walk away from something like $32 mil if they got rid of him, but his yearly salary (at least for the next couple of years) is said to be reasonable.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:10 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

So Browns may try and move up to #1? :::SMH::::
Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #71
Banned

BunnyHardaway's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
So Browns may try and move up to #1? :::SMH::::
The only reason they should is to take Suh, but they could probably get #2 a little cheaper from Detroit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2010, 01:26 PM   #72
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

I'm stunned that Browns fans do not want Bradford.

That said, do not trade up to #1. This team has more holes than just at QB. I'd much rather have Thomas/Berry and McCoy.

Urban Meyer is lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »