Home

Eagles quarterbacks are officially on the market

This is a discussion on Eagles quarterbacks are officially on the market within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 06:38 PM   #73
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Re: Eagles quarterbacks are officially on the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
This is where your living in Philly does have an advantage, bc from the day he's been drafted it's seemed like he hasn't been wanted there, but you would know that better than me. Sensible Eagles fans don't seem to feel that way but it sure seems like the large majority do.
Because the pick the Eagles made was booed? lol

Isn't damn near every pick the Jets make booed, too? Didn't a bunch of them boo the Sanchez pick? Where's the outcry on them?

The boo at the draft is highly overrated and overhyped.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:41 PM   #74
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Well after the false Rams trade report I'm not sure what to make of this but....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028997
Oakland: where great talent goes to die.

Anyway, I think it would make Oakland instantly competitive in a weak division. Yes, you lose a franchise CB, but you gain some much MUCH needed structure with a veteran, quality QB.

As for the Iggles, it really scares me as a Cowboys fan. That will make a very attack happy defense that much more potent if they have a true shut-down CB (who also plays the run very well) to isolate one player completely. It'll completely open up their blitzing schemes to even more variations. The only downside is now that D may have to hold up better since they'll have an unproven QB on the field.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:43 PM   #75
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K

Isn't damn near every pick the Jets make booed, too? Didn't a bunch of them boo the Sanchez pick? Where's the outcry on them?

I dont think its hyped..

Its just the beginning of the story...If McNabb won a SB and was loved by Eagles fans, that draft would have been forgotten by now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #76
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K

Old 03-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #77
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K

Sanchez was booed by about 25% of the Jets fans as it didn't seem like a majority to me. Now when McNabb was picked it seemed like all the Eagles fans flipped out.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-26-2010, 08:10 PM   #78
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Well after the false Rams trade report I'm not sure what to make of this but....

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5028997

Yeah...that's false, too.

The only true news bits that came out so far was Reid holding his mini-conference saying all his QBs are tradeable, McNabb releasing his statement that if anything is done, get it done quickly & McNabb calling Reid saying he would like to stay.

That's it. Everything else is hogwash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I think thats a different thing than Eagles' fans..
Well, most, if not all Eagles fans on here are defending McNabb...so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I'm not even an Eagles fan but I sense from a lot of what comes out of Philly that they have never fully embraced McNabb though there was a period for about a couple years where the fandom seemed to like him a lot but for the most part he's been kinda kept at arms length.
They don't genuflect at his altar, yes.

Quote:
I don't know if it's the "once bitten, twice shy" scenario as they absolutely LOVED Randal Cunningham but it was a very acrimonious departure from Philly for him and there really hasn't been anyone on the Eagles since that has gotten that kind of overwhelming support across the board.

I could be a bit off on this but that's how I see it from afar.
Randall wasn't loved, either. Just like McNabb, he was liked. As for how Randall left...the organization let him go because he couldn't work the Walsh offense brought in by offensive coordinator John Gruden.

And you are completely wrong saying no other Eagle got overwhelming support.

Brian Dawkins. I don't even have to explain that one.

Jeremiah Trotter was loved. Ike Reese was adored. That's why Ike is a weekday host on WIP.

Brian Westbrook. Dude could damn near do no wrong. Eagles fans kissed his feet.

John Runyan was embraced plenty.

And now, Desean Jackson. You should see all the #10 jerseys around here.

T.O. was LOVED here. L-O-V-E-D. When he was tossed, people here were upset beyond belief. That is another reason McNabb isn't loved because he had a hand in T.O. leaving.

So, your statement is completely false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pringles
if mcnabb won a super bowl this would not be happening
lets face it eagle fans have absolutley no reason to complain
about there teams so called short comings.
since andy ried has been there you went too the nfc championship game i forget how many times in a row plus a super bowl your franchise in the 2000s has won more games than my lions have in prolly 3 decades.

you demand to much and forget back in the late to mid 70s your team sucked and ever since the 80s you have not had to endure long periods of failures. if you want a super bowl winning team then get rid of andy ried.
he is the reason you have not won more mcnabb has been a class act over and over when the players and organization have not.

Except for the Andy Reid part, your post is full of crap.

Anybody that enjoys coming up short of a title when your team is always favored to win OR enjoys settling for just being "competative" is a mindblowing wussy punk.

That's like getting your chick in the mood, but you can't hit it right, yet you fully expect her to think your the king. Maybe once or twice she'll forgive ya, but if you keep coming up small, that bitch will dump your ***.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #79
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Sanchez was booed by about 25% of the Jets fans as it didn't seem like a majority to me. Now when McNabb was picked it seemed like all the Eagles fans flipped out.

Thirty morons sent up there whose only purpose was to cause havoc doesn't represent an entire city. Just like those Jets fans don't represent all of New York.

Those thirty butt clown aka The Dirty Thirty were organized by WIP morning idiot Angelo Cataldi. He geared those fools to the mindset of "Ricky Williams and no one else". They booed the pick, not McNabb. They would've booed Tim Couch, Edgerrin James and everyone else not named Ricky Williams. Cataldi still catches hell for that stunt and he regrets ever getting that stunt started.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:15 PM   #80
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

I haven't heard the Nnamdi rumor, but I did hear that Oakland would part with their second pick (39th overall) for McNabb, and that this is in the range Philly is looking for.

McNabb to Oakland makes them instantly competitive, and for a second, it's a steal, imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »