Home

Eagles quarterbacks are officially on the market

This is a discussion on Eagles quarterbacks are officially on the market within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #25
P2K
Banned

OVR: 34
Re: Eagles quarterbacks are officially on the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
I've never heard WFAN, but it honestly can't be any worse then WIP. It's not just the sports talk radios though, it's on the streets, in the super-markets, in the deli's, I couldn't believe the levels of things regular everyday people would say on a semi-regular basis.

P.S. I lived in Glenolden while I was there, right off exit 9 coming North out of Delaware.
Yeah, go to New York. It's way worse. WAY worse.

Let me say something. I know people will wholeheartedly disagree with me on this. Their opinion, but I couldn't care less.

I can't understand being all glee and passive for losing. Especially when the team has many chances to win it all and don't. There is no celebration for coming close. And if there is a great player/superstar that is on a bad team and it is clear as day he is not the problem and is doing all he can, I will praise that guy.

Prime example...Charles Barkley. The ownership had no clue what to do with the team while he was here. So when Harold Katz traded Barkley to Phoenix, I was pissed beyond belief. I was happy that Barkley was going to a good team, but I didn't want him to go. I will never have a bad thing to say or have a bad memory about that dude.

McNabb. I was on here on OS back in 2003/2004/2005 and what not...defending the guy. He had no weapons and so on. The whole gamut. I always said if he got the weapons and he couldn't show to be better, then I would change my tune.

Well, the past two years, he's had the weapons. And honestly, I think having better weapons around him exposed McNabb's weaknesses. Terrible in the short passing game. Horrible timing. Holds onto the ball too long. No pocket presence. And what I know now...he doesn't have it in him to take over a game.

He's a good quarterback. Not great. He was better when he ran.

I said he could possibly win a title on a team that runs often to balance a big play attack through the air. Possibly. He would have to come up big in big games, which he is not known for. McNabb's not winning a title with the Eagles as long as Reid is the coach. And he's not going anywhere.

That's been my thinking all this time. I'm unbiased as hell. Not an Eagles fan, just a pro football fan. So, I call it like I see it. People outside of Philly see McNabb as some tortured soul. And the national media plays that up. Me, on the other hand, call bull**** on that. McNabb has always been hyper sensitive, wants to be beloved and wants to be treated like a Super Bowl winning HoF'er. Well, only way to get that love.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 10:47 PM   #26
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Best deal for both parties would be the raiders last time the Raiders got a hold of an aging vet. they were in the playoffs for 3 years in a row, Gannon was MVP of the league and they made the superbowl.

Mcnabb would fit the Raiders because they have an established running game. They have fast recievers they could go deep to . a Good tightend and a decent defense that would stay off the field more with a better qb under center
Old 03-24-2010, 11:23 PM   #27
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Just a thought...

As a Dolphin fan growing up in the 90's, Miami damn near made the playoffs that whole decade and never made it past the second round if I remember correctly...

I still love Marino..

but lol McNabb is no Marino

I wouldnt reaaly say McNabb had "weapons" maybe true in Madden...They ran Westbrook to the bone...WR were young...Only time they look unstoppable is when they had TO..other than that the Eagles have been overrated..

Last edited by Jukeman; 03-24-2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:35 PM   #28
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
Yeah, go to New York. It's way worse. WAY worse.

Let me say something. I know people will wholeheartedly disagree with me on this. Their opinion, but I couldn't care less.

I can't understand being all glee and passive for losing. Especially when the team has many chances to win it all and don't. There is no celebration for coming close. And if there is a great player/superstar that is on a bad team and it is clear as day he is not the problem and is doing all he can, I will praise that guy.

Prime example...Charles Barkley. The ownership had no clue what to do with the team while he was here. So when Harold Katz traded Barkley to Phoenix, I was pissed beyond belief. I was happy that Barkley was going to a good team, but I didn't want him to go. I will never have a bad thing to say or have a bad memory about that dude.

McNabb. I was on here on OS back in 2003/2004/2005 and what not...defending the guy. He had no weapons and so on. The whole gamut. I always said if he got the weapons and he couldn't show to be better, then I would change my tune.

Well, the past two years, he's had the weapons. And honestly, I think having better weapons around him exposed McNabb's weaknesses. Terrible in the short passing game. Horrible timing. Holds onto the ball too long. No pocket presence. And what I know now...he doesn't have it in him to take over a game.

He's a good quarterback. Not great. He was better when he ran.

I said he could possibly win a title on a team that runs often to balance a big play attack through the air. Possibly. He would have to come up big in big games, which he is not known for. McNabb's not winning a title with the Eagles as long as Reid is the coach. And he's not going anywhere.

That's been my thinking all this time. I'm unbiased as hell. Not an Eagles fan, just a pro football fan. So, I call it like I see it. People outside of Philly see McNabb as some tortured soul. And the national media plays that up. Me, on the other hand, call bull**** on that. McNabb has always been hyper sensitive, wants to be beloved and wants to be treated like a Super Bowl winning HoF'er. Well, only way to get that love.
I agree with a lot of what you said in here about McNabb. I still think though the fact that Westbrook has completely broken down plays a much larger role in the Eagles last two seasons then McNabb's lack of ability to get the job done. I could still see him being successful in a place like 'Zona or maybe Carolina.

There's maybe 5, maybe QBs in the league that can have success with a team without having a consistent running/screen game to speak of.

I do think it will be funny to see how quickly the Philly fans try to run Kolb off the field if that's who they end up going with.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:17 AM   #29
Banned

Pringles's Arena

OVR: 9

one angle that everyone is not seeing is 2 weeks ago it came out that andy reed was blocking a trade.
i knew then that mcnabb was gone first off those things never get out. so i told myself why then did it,well you see andy reed has to look good to his team there was no hurry in making the deal this way it gets time to get out and he can look like he was fighing it the whole way.

as for the deal to the rams if it is true pick 33 and that safety
it would have happened like now. so why has it not happened ?
because the rams have made the offer but told the eagles no deal till we see bradfords workout.

anyways my personal opinon is why get mcnabb he is no long term solution and there team is not superbowl quality in any way very stupid move. all because they think sue is the next reggie white
they allready got 2 other top tier high first round picks on the D-line adding a 3rd ties up too many resources in one spot
as well as the fact adam karriker missed the entire season last year so getting him back automatically makes your defence better without adding anyone.

do they really think the redskins will want karriker after they make that trade lol no it was all a ploy to force them to draft sue

now they can sit back and get there man for nothing
the rams organization is poorly run
Old 03-25-2010, 01:36 AM   #30
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Why are the Eagles so quick to want to trade McNabb and put faith in Kolb? Outside of T.O. he's never really had a great or even above average WR. Even now all they have is DeShawn Jackson and...a bunch of average recievers.

But hey, maybe a trade is the best now. It's clear Philly fans are never going to be satisfied and are always going to place the Eagles' problems on McNabb instead of Reid's one-dimensional offensive playcalling and a Feast or Famine D. As for what team to go to? AZ seems like the perfect option in my opinion, teams like Buf, Stl, Cle really don't have enough in place to win now, and Oak has even less of a reicieving core than Phi right now, though guys like Murphy and Schillens did show flashes last year. I just don't see why not try to make one more run at it w/ McNabb then cut him lose. But I guess Philly figures sooner rather than later, and have one more injury bring McNabb's value down even more.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:54 AM   #31
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Just a thought...

As a Dolphin fan growing up in the 90's, Miami damn near made the playoffs that whole decade and never made it past the second round if I remember correctly...

I still love Marino..

but lol McNabb is no Marino

I wouldnt reaaly say McNabb had "weapons" maybe true in Madden...They ran Westbrook to the bone...WR were young...Only time they look unstoppable is when they had TO..other than that the Eagles have been overrated..

Dolphins, too? lol...geez.

So, wait...he has a Pro Bowl wideout in Desean Jackson, a pro Bowl fullback in Leonard Weaver, one of the best TEs in football in Brent Celek and two young, yet very good players in Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy.....but they aren't weapons?!

This past season, McNabb had more talent in one year than he had over his entire career. Being young is just an excuse. He had a better offense than 2004 with Owens. 2004 was overrated as hell. The NFC sucked. Hell, the NFC was average at best all these years until this past season. That's why the 1-5 in conference title games looks terrible.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 04:02 AM   #32
P2K
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
I do think it will be funny to see how quickly the Philly fans try to run Kolb off the field if that's who they end up going with.
No. It will be Reid that Eagles fans will hate. I think they would like McNabb here if Reid was gone. I think everyone with a brain realizes Reid and McNabb together won't work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »