Home

Eagles quarterbacks are officially on the market

This is a discussion on Eagles quarterbacks are officially on the market within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #41
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Eagles quarterbacks are officially on the market

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
that's the big thing i don't think alot of Eagles fans don't get. you will now get the struggle factor of dealing with a new qb, and you open a new can of worms with a new qb, ie can he win a big game, how strong will his arm be through a 16 week season, is he durable, can he read defenses, is he mobile enough , is he a leader and winner , does he have a strong football mentality?
all those questions you have anwsers to with McNabb the other guys you don't . I'll miss McNabb as a qb for the Eagles eventually his time was going to come when he had to depart with the Eagles, but we will see who wins in the end.
agree,

Thats why I think unless they can get a good deal out of it, just leave it alone....

Keep McNabb on the roster for one more year, if he's gets injured play Kolb and ride him into next year...

If they start the season with Kolb(or even Vick) eagle's fans are still gonna expect a superbowl lol...

I loved Kolb at Houston but he's a mystery in the NFL and I dont thing the Eagles are "rebuilding" right now, fans still expect a SB even if they start Bobby Hoying at QB next season...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #42
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
And if he was, you'd think he'd have as big of an impact as Jackson does at receiver and in the return game? Well either way, McNabb has had his fair share of weapons.
Um yea...

and again, the offense wasnt the problem last year...despite the bad play calling and the bad throwing by McNabb...ironically...
Old 03-25-2010, 12:15 PM   #43
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
agree,

Thats why I think unless they can get a good deal out of it, just leave it alone....

Keep McNabb on the roster for one more year, if he's gets injured play Kolb and ride him into next year...

If they start the season with Kolb(or even Vick) eagle's fans are still gonna expect a superbowl lol...

I loved Kolb at Houston but he's a mystery in the NFL and I dont thing the Eagles are "rebuilding" right now, fans still expect a SB even if they start Bobby Hoying at QB next season...
This is reminding alot of what happened after randall left that five or six year span til they got McNabb.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #44
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Kind of hard to be your team's main weapon when you're never on the field half the time. And people already realize that players play injured(that's to be expected)but none of those excuse the fact that he had weapons there(this year specifically is what I've been talking about). Not blaming McNabb for all that happened this season, just saying the excuse that he didn't have the weapons this year doesn't fly anymore.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:50 PM   #45
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
This is reminding alot of what happened after randall left that five or six year span til they got McNabb.
If they go with Vick(which I'm thinking they would) or Kolb and miss the playoffs, Reid will be next to go...

The same coach who drafted those "weapons" people are raving about....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #46
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Kind of hard to be your team's main weapon when you're never on the field half the time. And people already realize that players play injured(that's to be expected)but none of those excuse the fact that he had weapons there(this year specifically is what I've been talking about). Not blaming McNabb for all that happened this season, just saying the excuse that he didn't have the weapons this year doesn't fly anymore.
No one said he didnt have weapons this year...
Old 03-25-2010, 12:53 PM   #47
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

this is the thing though for a good part of his career in philly this was the case. the best reciever he had before jackson was irving fryar and after that was chad his te. runningback wise yes westbrook has been the man and the both of them tried to run with the team on their shoulders.

i excluded TO because he only played 9 games with the eagles. though he was on pace to break records it never came to pass.

last year wasn't all mcnabbs fault either . Dallas took that eagles defense apart, and on offense made mcnabb pass short which everyone know is his weakness. good gameplan by dallas
Old 03-25-2010, 12:57 PM   #48
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I think I generally agree with you bc I rarely like the argument about weapons determining wins and losses. That's mostly bc the weapons on defense or special teams are never considered in the argument. Brady's early years were mentioned before and he had dominant defenses. McNabb's string of consecutive trips to the NFC Championship also came with dominant defenses.

I will say that Westbrook spent some time as arguably the best player in the NFL... top 5 at worse. His absence definitely has an effect. But as mentioned, this year's Eagles defense fell short. I'd agree that the D had more to do with their fall this year than anything on offense. But I also agree that Reid's style deserves criticism but I give credit for making it to playoffs and championship games consistently so I wouldn't criticize him too much.

Last edited by wwharton; 03-25-2010 at 01:45 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »