Home

NFL Thinking About Ending Season With Divisional Matchups

This is a discussion on NFL Thinking About Ending Season With Divisional Matchups within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2010, 12:34 PM   #33
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NFL Thinking About Ending Season With Divisional Matchups

I agree that they should change the bye's. They should do half the byes in week 8 and half in week 9 or maybe weeks 9 & 10.

They would still have 8 games that week. They only televise 5 games anyway so they only thing it would hurt is selection of games, but they can make the schedule to have at least 5 good matchups.

I guess it would suck for fantasy football but there's still 16 teams playing each week so you can still field a starting lineup.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:56 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

I really like this idea
Old 03-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #35
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
but why were so many people upset about teams resting their players.
The reason people are upset and don't like team resting players is because, People pay for tickets to come and see their teams win and to see the starters play. I know if I bought a 80$ ticket for the last game of the season and the starters was resting for the playoffs I would be mad and demand a refund of my money. The guys get paid millions per game to play not to seat on their butts. Fans want to see them win the game. Fans pay for the tickets. Fans deserve to get the full game. If you went to a fast food joint and order a Cheesbuger. Then you got your cheesebuger and it was still half done. Wouldn't you be mad that your food was only half cooked. That is how fans feel when team allow starters to rest and the fans don't get what they pay for when they by a ticket.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 03-27-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2010, 04:40 PM   #36
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

Also it messes up the playoff hunt. The Jets most likely wouldn't have beaten the Colts if they didn't bench Peyton and that means the Texans (I think, don't quite remember) didn't get to make the playoffs when they should have. If I was a Texans fan I would be slightly angry that the Jets didn't really have to earn their playoff spot.

The argument could be made that if the Texans wanted in then should have won 10 games instead of 9, but on the other hand if they got to play Curtis Painter rather then Peyton, they probably would have.
Old 03-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
Also it messes up the playoff hunt. The Jets most likely wouldn't have beaten the Colts if they didn't bench Peyton and that means the Texans (I think, don't quite remember) didn't get to make the playoffs when they should have. If I was a Texans fan I would be slightly angry that the Jets didn't really have to earn their playoff spot.

The argument could be made that if the Texans wanted in then should have won 10 games instead of 9, but on the other hand if they got to play Curtis Painter rather then Peyton, they probably would have.
Yeah that is the big problem. The Colts decided to play the whole game against the Jags the week before and won it in the last few minutes. Then the Jags tanked the rest of the season. If the Colts played the Jets and tried to win, they would have. That would have helped the Jags and they probably would have shown up the last 2 games. They had the tie breakers over most of the teams and would have gotten in.

You are still going to get these situations, but hopefully you want to beat your rivals to keep them out of the playoffs more than you want to rest your players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »