Home

Another Steeler at it again - Santonio Holmes

This is a discussion on Another Steeler at it again - Santonio Holmes within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2010, 04:20 PM   #49
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Another Steeler at it again - Santonio Holmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
That still shouldn't stop her from pressing charges against him if SHE chooses to do so, does it not? I mean what would the Police to do her if she chose to go ahead and press the charges against him?
It shouldn't but it does all the time. I'm guessing this girl is somewhere from 20-25 years old. She just got cut from a man throwing a glass at her and the cops are not only on the man's side but also threatening her if she thinks about pressing charges. It's really not a surprise that she may want to look long and hard at her options and the potential outcome of each before making a decision.

Add in that it's said that Holmes offered to pay her off which she'd likely also consider before deciding how to move forward.

We don't know what went down and are looking for red flags. I just don't see "gold digger" being the red flag here bc A)she could've taken the money Holmes offered, B)if the girl was indeed cut in the face, it won't be hard to prove wrong doing here. The time between reporting doesn't bother me bc that's a very intimidating situation for a girl to be put in.

The potential red flag to me is being picked up by her face and having a glass thrown at her. Was it a glass or was it a drink? Big difference. Was she cut by the glass or being picked up by the face? What exactly is the cop's roll that's been talked about here? Was he there or just taking Holmes side bc of who he is?
Old 03-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #50
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
In the last couple of years Randy Moss, Mike Irvin, Big Ben, and now Holmes all been caught up in civil suits. Why are these woman/lawyers going after the civil suit before the criminal process is played out?
The obvious thought is they're trying to scheme them for a pay day. But it's also possible that they want them to pay but not get locked up (in Holmes' case, I can see that... in a rape case, that's got BS written all over it). At the end of the day it's pretty much always a case of knowing the accuser has a lot of money but I don't think every case like that is wrong. If one of them wronged me, I'd want to hit them in the wallet too.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
The obvious thought is they're trying to scheme them for a pay day. But it's also possible that they want them to pay but not get locked up (in Holmes' case, I can see that... in a rape case, that's got BS written all over it). At the end of the day it's pretty much always a case of knowing the accuser has a lot of money but I don't think every case like that is wrong. If one of them wronged me, I'd want to hit them in the wallet too.
I just thought a criminal conviction would strengthen their civil suits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 04:38 PM   #52
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
It shouldn't but it does all the time. I'm guessing this girl is somewhere from 20-25 years old. She just got cut from a man throwing a glass at her and the cops are not only on the man's side but also threatening her if she thinks about pressing charges. It's really not a surprise that she may want to look long and hard at her options and the potential outcome of each before making a decision.

Add in that it's said that Holmes offered to pay her off which she'd likely also consider before deciding how to move forward.

We don't know what went down and are looking for red flags. I just don't see "gold digger" being the red flag here bc A)she could've taken the money Holmes offered, B)if the girl was indeed cut in the face, it won't be hard to prove wrong doing here. The time between reporting doesn't bother me bc that's a very intimidating situation for a girl to be put in.

The potential red flag to me is being picked up by her face and having a glass thrown at her. Was it a glass or was it a drink? Big difference. Was she cut by the glass or being picked up by the face? What exactly is the cop's roll that's been talked about here? Was he there or just taking Holmes side bc of who he is?
Good points.

I might have overreacted a bit with my previous comment earlier but the only reason why I said that was that if it was that serious to her, then she should just go ahead and press the charges against her regardless of what the Police would do to her(almost sounds like he's paid the Cops off hehe)as opposed to just filing a lawsuit and trying to get money.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:41 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Good points.

I might have overreacted a bit with my previous comment earlier but the only reason why I said that was that if it was that serious to her, then she should just go ahead and press the charges against her regardless of what the Police would do to her(almost sounds like he's paid the Cops off hehe)as opposed to just filing a lawsuit and trying to get money.
According to ESPN the accuser said in writing that she wouldn't press charges.
Old 03-30-2010, 04:50 PM   #54
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
I just thought a criminal conviction would strengthen their civil suits.
You would think, but losing criminal cases doesn't seem to make it less likely that they'd win a civil suit so maybe it doesn't matter as much as we'd think.

Quote:
Good points.

Quote:
According to ESPN the accuser said in writing that she wouldn't press charges.
I may have to find a link. The story I heard was that Holmes offered her money to write that, and the cop leaned on her to do the same. I honestly can't imagine a 20 something year old girl who just got assaulted (allegedly) by a pro athlete and getting strong armed by a cop having the balls to call either of their bluffs. It'd be more like "I'll do whatever you say until I can get out of here, calm down, research my rights and what can actually happen, and then act."
Old 03-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #55
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Still looking for a link but I had to post this one I found (just bc of my "love" for the Steelers): http://deadspin.com/5144424/from-don...antonio-holmes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2010, 04:57 PM   #56
MVP

sb24's Arena

Quote:
I honestly can't imagine a 20 something year old girl who just got assaulted (allegedly) by a pro athlete and getting strong armed by a cop having the balls to call either of their bluffs. It'd be more like "I'll do whatever you say until I can get out of here, calm down, research my rights and what can actually happen, and then act."
I agree.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »