Home

LT says he was misused in SD

This is a discussion on LT says he was misused in SD within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2010, 09:11 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 49
Re: LT says he was misused in SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
1. LT was the best in the league at one point, not just running the ball, but also catching it out of the backfield too.

2. I won't argue Marty's success as a coach. But he is no genius for predicting greatness for Barry Sanders after he came off 2600 rushing yards and 39 TD (not including the bowl game) in college.

4. Chester Taylor is no longer with the Vikings and LT probably could have been an effective replacement as a 3rd down back.
#1. I think LT's good, just never personally thought of him as a all time top 10 great as many claimed.
#4 I didnt know Taylor was traded. Vikings wouldnt have been a bad place at all then. Where did Taylor go? I think the Vikings took a real hit there. I really liked him.

Last edited by wheelman990; 04-04-2010 at 09:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2010, 09:23 PM   #42
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
#1 Ladian hasnt gone downhill as much as some think, he just wasnt as good to begin with as some believed.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:24 PM   #43
All Star

Gibbz's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by canikickit1
As much as I love LT when he was in SD, is it wrong that I wish him the best in NY, but as soon as he plays the Chargers, I wish that he tears both of his ACLs?
Yeah, I'd say you need some psychiatric evaluation.
Old 04-04-2010, 11:31 PM   #44
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Wow, there is just so many comments Id like to respond to in this thread, but it would take so much time and room. Im not going to quote all the people, but heres some of my feelings that addresses some of what Ive read.

#1 Ladian hasnt gone downhill as much as some think, he just wasnt as good to begin with as some believed.
#2 Marty Shottenheimer was a genious. Hes always been a genious at drafting players, running the football, and defense. Hes done it everywhere he has been, and turned loosers into winners, and nearly reached the superbowl many many times only to have the owner get rid of him for a coach that slowly takes the teams backwards. The charges have stars because of Marty,period. Playing for Marty's son, might be a smart way to get back to what works for you. I saw Kevin Mack, a FULLBACK, rush for 1k yards under marty. The guy knows how to punish people. Let me name some of martys drafted running backs,earnest byner, kevin mack(way underrated), marcus allen, christian okoye, Ladanian Tomlinson. I have a video of Marty stating he wanted barry sanders and was going to draft him if he was available. He also said that Barry would be the best back ever. Best part is, this was before barry played a game in the NFL. Now that is knowing his running players. Marty spotted talent well. Look what he did for Cleveland in the late 80's, the chiefs in the early 90's, the charges in the 200's. The guy is just awesome. Id love to have Marty Ball back to Cleveland. Best years ever.
1. I have no idea how exactly you could possibly come to that conclusion if you'd really watched him. Particularly from 2002-2006 he was about as good as any RB I have ever seen.

2. Marty's a genius and can spot talent as you say, you should also know then, in dispute of your first point, on multiple occasions in big big press conferences, Marty has said LT was the finest running back he's ever seen. And he said he's seen a lot of great ones, but none were as good as LT.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #45

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
#1 Ladainian has gone downhill as much as some think, he just was to good to begin with as some believed.
Fixed.

Straight butchered his name(Ladain) lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2010, 02:47 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 51

Well i Dont see LT quite finished yet. I mean the jets have 4 probowlers on the oline, and a Good Scat back and powerback. I mean thomas jones never broke out till he got to NY and LT has already been a great back just a couple years back. I mean the chargers didnt have a good 2nd guy and they have no oline
Old 04-05-2010, 03:57 AM   #47
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Fixed.

Straight butchered his name(Ladain) lol.
I'm hoping he was just shortening his name instead of writing it all out. If not, wow.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 04-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #48
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
Well i Dont see LT quite finished yet. I mean the jets have 4 probowlers on the oline, and a Good Scat back and powerback. I mean thomas jones never broke out till he got to NY and LT has already been a great back just a couple years back. I mean the chargers didnt have a good 2nd guy and they have no oline
I mean Thomas Jones was a 1,000 yard rusher with the Bears.

I mean the Chargers had Darren Sproles (and Michael Turner if you're talking about previous years).

I mean the Chargers have a good o-line, just not a good run blocking o-line.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »