Home

BREAKING NEWS: Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets

This is a discussion on BREAKING NEWS: Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2010, 04:31 AM   #65
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: BREAKING NEWS: Santonio Holmes traded to the Jets

I....just..... Wow. Ok.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 04:46 AM   #66
Swiitch U? lol

Rawdeal28's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Is it bad that my initial thought was how this trade just makes Jerry Jones look that much stupider for the Roy Williams trade?

Potentially good trade for the Jets, depending on how much Holmes plays. Quite the offseason for that team, no?
HOW?
I'm sure there's plenty of prostitutes you could pay if you really want vd.
Quote:
yea but will they take psn cards
Depends on what area of a hooker you would use to redeem them.

lol
Old 04-12-2010, 06:07 AM   #67
W* B*ck!!

Scoop 24's Arena

OVR: 24

imgine if the Jets werent Restricted this offseason

another great move by Tanny and Co.
MLB: New York Yankees

Last edited by Scoop 24; 04-12-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:20 AM   #68
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Mike Wallace will BEAST

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 04-12-2010, 08:20 AM   #69
MVP

OVR: 34

I'm good with it.

My only conncern is that the Jets may be taking on a bit of a goonish personality, that can blow up in your face. The mid '00 Ciny Bengals come to mind.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

According to local radio, there are a few reasons this trade went down:

1. Holmes was at the end of his rope and the Steelers were tired of his act. He had some off the field issues at Ohio State. He's had 3-4 off field issues with the Steelers during his time here as well.

2. The Steelers were very upset over his recent twitter postings. Apparently they told him to shut his trap during his most recent off the field issue and Holmes was on Twitter mouthing off. He supposedly told someone to drink themselves to death.

3. The 4 game drug suspension topped it all off. A 4 game suspension means he already got nailed once and was in the NFL's substance abuse program. He obviously didn't learn from the first time (and don't forget one of his off the field incidents was driving around with drugs in his car).

4. Holmes contract is up at the end of this year. The Steelers weren't going to pay him what he wants so they were likely going to trade him regardless. Otherwise they lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

5. I think this move was made easier with the emergence of Mike Wallace last year. Wallace was great. It's no wonder Randle El said he would be the #3 WR this season and all of us in Pittsburgh were shaking our heads because Wallace was unquestionably the #3. Well, maybe he knew something we didn't...

I'm surprised they couldn't get more than a 5th round pick for him, but I suppose all the baggage Holmes has hurt him. Don't be mistaken to think this move has anything to do with Ben R. It doesn't. This is all on Holmes and his actions.

As for the statements that this potentially has to do with race....c'mon...think before typing - this is an organization who implemented the Rooney Rule (among other things).
Old 04-12-2010, 08:53 AM   #71
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

WOW, just saw this, As a Die hard Giants fan I hate to say this. but The if Holmes acts like an adult and conducts himself that way, the Jets really look like a team that won't lose next year. This move makes them that much better.

I'm still in kinda shock.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2010, 09:01 AM   #72
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb2124
According to local radio, there are a few reasons this trade went down:

1. Holmes was at the end of his rope and the Steelers were tired of his act. He had some off the field issues at Ohio State. He's had 3-4 off field issues with the Steelers during his time here as well.

2. The Steelers were very upset over his recent twitter postings. Apparently they told him to shut his trap during his most recent off the field issue and Holmes was on Twitter mouthing off. He supposedly told someone to drink themselves to death.

3. The 4 game drug suspension topped it all off. A 4 game suspension means he already got nailed once and was in the NFL's substance abuse program. He obviously didn't learn from the first time (and don't forget one of his off the field incidents was driving around with drugs in his car).

4. Holmes contract is up at the end of this year. The Steelers weren't going to pay him what he wants so they were likely going to trade him regardless. Otherwise they lose him for nothing at the end of the season.

5. I think this move was made easier with the emergence of Mike Wallace last year. Wallace was great. It's no wonder Randle El said he would be the #3 WR this season and all of us in Pittsburgh were shaking our heads because Wallace was unquestionably the #3. Well, maybe he knew something we didn't...

I'm surprised they couldn't get more than a 5th round pick for him, but I suppose all the baggage Holmes has hurt him. Don't be mistaken to think this move has anything to do with Ben R. It doesn't. This is all on Holmes and his actions.

As for the statements that this potentially has to do with race....c'mon...think before typing - this is an organization who implemented the Rooney Rule (among other things).
This is what kills me, you say the Steelers were at there end of there rope with Holmes, so what about Big Ben, I mean Holmes was charged with throwing glass at a woman, and Ben was accused not once but Twice with SEXUAL assault on women, but there not at the end of there rope with Ben, what a crock. Ben should have been gone too.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »