Home

Wilfork thinks Jets' moves are only great "on paper"

This is a discussion on Wilfork thinks Jets' moves are only great "on paper" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2010, 10:05 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Wilfork thinks Jets' moves are only great "on paper"

He didn't say anything bad. The Jets look like one of the favorites to win the superbowl, but the games still have to be played on the field.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:05 AM   #34
Pro

Aces15's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Cro's definitely wait and see (all of them are) but I don't see how he can't be better in that position than anything they had last year... that alone is pretty scary bc of how they worked around it. I thought losing Jenkins would have that effect too. Ryan really is a brilliant defensive mind. I hope Taylor stays in Miami.

Yeah man, the skins have 5 or 6 banners hanging in Fed Ex Field.

Greene won't need to get 1400+ yards. The combination of Greene and LT should be able help the running game put up the number of yards the running game put up last year. And behind that oline, a healthy (key word) LT will contribute just fine. But also remember, they overloaded on the run to help ease Sanchez into the NFL and bc Cotchery was the only WR worth a mention for most of the year (Keller was just a rookie too). The passing game will open up more this year. Just overall, the offense should be improved.

Of course these are all a bunch of what ifs. I'm not a Jets fan at all so I kind of hope it doesn't all work out since my team has made some offseason strides too, and would have to go through the Jets to make it out of the AFC. But there's definitely reason to believe these moves have made them look better than a team that reached the AFC Championship just last year.
Correction: It was Dustin Keller's second year last year, not his first.

Other than that, I completely agree with you. People don't seem to realize that when they bash the move for Cromartie... the Jets really had nobody at #2 corner and rotated sub-par players in the whole year.

It's really amazing to think what their defense did last year with no real #2 corner, losing Kris Jenkins, and Kerry Rhodes playing like he didn't give a **** most of the year.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:09 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 11

I feel a little funny about us getting Holmes. For the Steelers to get rid of a player that talented for a 5th rounder probablly means that they know some disturbing things about this dude that nobody else knows.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 01:49 PM   #36
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
If your talking about Dustin Keller, he wasn't a rookie last year. He was a rookie when Farve played for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces15
Correction: It was Dustin Keller's second year last year, not his first.
Yep, you're both right. My bad on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill43507
I feel a little funny about us getting Holmes. For the Steelers to get rid of a player that talented for a 5th rounder probablly means that they know some disturbing things about this dude that nobody else knows.
They were planning on releasing him so whatever it is, it seems like everybody knows about it. But remember it was the same with Plaxico. Take the good with the bad, hope guys straighten up, enjoy the benefits until they screw up if they never do.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:27 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 5

I like all your points wwharton & adding to what you said about the Jets' RB's, it looks like the Jets are getting Leon Washington back as well. If he can come back healthy & regain his shiftiness, their backfield will be even more formidable. Although, that is a big if considering he broke his fibula.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:40 AM   #38
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

I agree with wilfork to a sense. yes with out a doubt right now the jets seem great on paper but i think they will have a few internal team issues as the season progresses due to the "talents" of LT, Cromartie and Holmes.

Old 04-16-2010, 12:43 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
I agree with wilfork to a sense. yes with out a doubt right now the jets seem great on paper but i think they will have a few internal team issues as the season progresses due to the "talents" of LT, Cromartie and Holmes.
What exactly is that? LT's a leader. Holmes comes from an organization known for winning and has a ring, and ALL of his problems have been off the field. Cro thinks very highly of himself but I don't remember him being any kind of locker room problem. Are you making stuff up?

BTW, sqeg, I agree. I actually wonder if they sign LT if they were confident they could resign a completely healthy Washington. That's a shame too because he just started coming into his own.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 8

Obviously the moves only look great on paper, the season hasn't started yet, so we can't judge upon anything else. Surely it's better to make moves that will look good on paper than bad on paper, correct? The fact is the Jets and Phins are making moves while the Pats and Bills are sucking on their thumbs and Wilfork is trying to hide his disapproval with the front office. Well that's my interpretation of it. Pats will still be a dominant team but I see it being between the Phins and Jets for the AFC BEAST.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »