Home

Wilfork thinks Jets' moves are only great "on paper"

This is a discussion on Wilfork thinks Jets' moves are only great "on paper" within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14
Wilfork thinks Jets' moves are only great "on paper"

Quote:
After a 1999 season in which they went 10-6, the Washington Redskins added a bunch of big-name players in 2000, including Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders and Jeff George.

And then the Redskins proceeded to go 8-8.

As New England Patriots defensive tackle Vince Wilfork thinks ahead to playing the New York Jets twice in 2010, he believes the Jets are on a similar path.

"Hey, the game is played between those lines right there," Wilfork said, per the Boston Herald. "On paper, they're making moves and great moves. But you know what? At the end of the day, it's played between those lines. Don't mean anything to us one way or the other."

Whether it's signing LaDainian Tomlinson or trading for Santonio Holmes or (possibly) adding Jason Taylor, the Jets certainly have added some names in 2010. Wilfork doesn't sound impressed.

"We see each other twice a year, sometimes three," Wilfork said. "So, it don't bother us whatsoever. It just keeps our focus on what we need to do to be a better football team . . . but hey, more power to them."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...reat-on-paper/

Could he be right? hmm

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Wilfork thinks Jets' moves are only great "on paper"

Of course a rival is going say that... All moves in the offseason look good on paper..
Old 04-13-2010, 01:07 PM   #3
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

The difference is that for the most part the Jets are going for areas of need with guys who fit the Jets philosophy.

The Redskins made their moves in 2000 because they could. There's a huge difference in how the Jets have gone about their business.

Oh, and shouldn't Wilfork say that about some of the moves the Pats made last offseason which didn't work out. Oh right, he can't because he'd find himself in the doghouse.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-13-2010, 01:56 PM   #4
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

It's funny how you can paint the picture you want to portray by only using certain quotes.

The guy reporting this forgot these quotes:

Wilfork called the Jets’ moves "great", and was asked why he feels that way.

“Those guys they brought there are pretty good players, probably some elite players at their position,” he said. “That’s something we’re going to have to deal with on the field.

“On paper, you can look great. I’m pretty sure a lot of teams look great on paper. Putting it together is another thing. We can’t focus on what they’re going to do, we can only focus on our strengths and how we can get better, day by day, each week. When that time comes, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a big deal – the Jets and the Patriots.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...eat-jets-moves
Old 04-13-2010, 02:01 PM   #5
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Meh, the NFL isn't a game of Madden or team management simulator and in the end all games are played on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2010, 02:18 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
It's funny how you can paint the picture you want to portray by only using certain quotes.

“Those guys they brought there are pretty good players, probably some elite players at their position,” he said. “That’s something we’re going to have to deal with on the field.

“On paper, you can look great. I’m pretty sure a lot of teams look great on paper. Putting it together is another thing. We can’t focus on what they’re going to do, we can only focus on our strengths and how we can get better, day by day, each week. When that time comes, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a big deal – the Jets and the Patriots.”

I really wish reporters could get find/suspended/fired for doing stuff like this.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 2

the Jets won't win the division this year. OVERRATED. We will win the division yet again. Wilfork is right, hope he gets to Mark Sanchez and kicks his a**. I'm sorry but i just do not like the Jets or big fat Rex Ryan

Last edited by brady2moss123; 04-13-2010 at 02:22 PM.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #8
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec

Bingo.

And I agree, wwharton - reporters who try and pull **** like this should get severely punished. I doubt this is even a thread if the original article included all of the quotes. Wilfork was not bashing the Jets in any way-shape-or-form. He was merely saying what everyone should know already: the Jets brought in some damn good/talented players, but until everyone sees if the players can grasp the system and mesh well together, they're only on paper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »