Home

Marshall to Dolphins

This is a discussion on Marshall to Dolphins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 04:12 PM   #57
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Marshall to Dolphins

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
With the way the two or three other guys played last year, Ginn may have trouble getting on the field now if they keep him.
Yep I agree with this. Hartline, Bess and Camarillo are all solid WRs.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
It doesnt matter where he goes. Thats such a terrible way of looking at it. He's getting 24mil guaranteed. If he wants to find trouble in the heart of the Bible belt he could. Its a question of is he maturing or not. Not so much where he lives.

Marshall right now in my opinion is the 3rd best WR in the league. This is clearly a win for Miami and a lost for Denver. Ofcourse unless they hit a homerun with that 2nd round pick(which I doubt).
It certainly matters where he goes. You're kidding yourself for saying otherwise. He's in Miami of all places. And in the state where his ex lives, which reading past posts in this thread doesn't sound like a good thing. It is a question of if he can mature, yes. But he hasn't shown that he has. So putting him in Miami, as of now, certainly isn't going to help matters.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 04-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #59
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
It certainly matters where he goes. You're kidding yourself for saying otherwise. He's in Miami of all places. And in the state where his ex lives, which reading past posts in this thread doesn't sound like a good thing. It is a question of if he can mature, yes. But he hasn't shown that he has. So putting him in Miami, as of now, certainly isn't going to help matters.
he lives in florida its not like he never went there since becoming a bronco

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 04-14-2010, 05:49 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
he lives in florida its not like he never went there since becoming a bronco
I know that....
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 04-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #61
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Agreed.

As I said before, ON the field this is a good move and the Fins shouldn't be concerned. OFF the field, Parcells might want to keep himself a radio scanner around just in case he hears Marshall's name over it and has speed over the MDC Jail.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 09:11 PM   #62

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm going to give a slightly different outlook on this than others have.

I actually have seen a difference in his maturity off the field related to non-football incidents. Maybe seen is not the right word, rather he seems to have kept himself out of trouble with the law or any other incidents since his suspension.

His lack of maturity was all due to football related incidents. He wasn't happy with his contract (why would be be, he was still being payed as a 4th rounder) and wanted what he probably deserved. That said, he certainly did not approach that the right way and was EXTREMELY immature, but that problem is taken care of.

An underlying issue in this is something that I don't think has been discussed in the main forums much (more-so in the Bronco thread) but truth be told, he has wanted out of Denver since the death of Darrent Williams (he said as much to a cop when he was arrested for his DUI). Not because of the city itself or the organization, but the memories associated with that night. This has been brought to the forefront recently as a few weeks ago it was pretty much proven during the murder trial that the fight at the club was started by Marshall.

This incident was the same reason Javon Walker wanted out of town. I'm not saying this is most of the reason, but there is something to be said for it.

All this said, I do realize he is one strike away and one bad night of judgement could certainly ruin it, I just don't think he is as bad a guy as some are interpreting him to be. (Just my biased opinion of course!)

I was hoping the Broncos would find a way to keep him because he is a beast, but it is what it is. Good trade for the Phins...

Last edited by kehlis; 04-14-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:30 PM   #63
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Good post kehlis. Don't get me wrong, I HOPE he(or any athlete for that matter)stays out of trouble and/or keeps his name out of the news if it's not positive. But at the sametime, taking his past transgressions into account and going to a city where Athletes(former AND current)are known to get into trouble, it's hard to ignore it. With Parcells being there, he has proven he can handle these types of players and I'm hoping it continues with Marshall. I hate seeing guys(professional athletes or not)waste their opportunities on something stupid or for stuff that can easily be prevented.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:35 PM   #64

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Good post kehlis. Don't get me wrong, I HOPE he(or any athlete for that matter)stays out of trouble and/or keeps his name out of the news if it's not positive. But at the sametime, taking his past transgressions into account and going to a city where Athletes(former AND current)are known to get into trouble, it's hard to ignore it. With Parcells being there, he has proven he can handle these types of players and I'm hoping it continues with Marshall. I hate seeing guys(professional athletes or not)waste their opportunities on something stupid or for stuff that can easily be prevented.
Absolutely,

I meant to include it but forgot when I was done. I wasn't disagreeing with anything that has been said. You are absolutely right, there is no way to ignore his past transgressors and I kind of alluded to it, but staying out of trouble for a year doesn't mean he hasn't been around it.

But I'm with you, he is a great talent, and I do hope he can stay out of trouble (that said, if the next Marshall thread was "Marshall arrested for DUI in South Beach" I wouldn't be surprised).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »