Home

Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

This is a discussion on Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #73
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

The only positive I see about Quinn being an bum of a QB is it doesn't make my dolphins look foolish for taking Ginn over him lol. I feel like McDaniels is making solid moves and continues to build a team first mentality.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:59 AM   #74
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Josh really didn't do nothing to mess up this team. Jay and Brandon are the ones that punched their on tickets out of town. They are the ones that acted ugly in public. Josh had to do something to get his team under control. No coach can do his job when you have your star QB whining about this and that and not trying work things out behind closed doors like a man should. Then having a star WR in Brandon who says he is unhappy and wanted to be released are traded. So he got his wish. So everyone is happy. Now Josh can move and build a team to his liking. Will it work for him at the end?? Who knows. That is up to the team and coaching staff as a whole. But I don't see anywhere how Josh has messed up the Broncos. Trading both Jay and Brandon was a good thing to be honest.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:40 AM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
This again?

You couldn't just bump the old thread (that I remember you posting pretty much the same thing in)?

Cliff note recap:

1. Cutler ran himself out of town. He began doing it before McDaniel was even hired and went on to disrespect the owner.

2. Marshall ran himself out of town. He began doing it before Shannahan was even let go and went on to intentionally drop passes and punt balls in training camp.

3. Nolan wants to be a head coach.

4. With all the talk about McDaniel ruining the team last year AND getting rid of Cutler, they were no worse than they were the year before with Cutler and Shannahan.

5. "and for what?" For two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, a 3rd round pick and Kyle Orton. Not to mention getting rid of two malcontents who command HUGE salaries, and so far, no worse than the same record they had before getting rid of two players for ALL of that just mentioned.
Absolutely 100% on point on all comments.

Broncos got better with addition by subtraction by getting rid of Cutler and Marshall.

Guy is trying to build a winner with the guys that will fit what he wants to do. It's like th Pats, it's all about the team and not the individual. Cutler and Marshall don't fit that mold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 08:17 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
When the Culter thing 1st happened. My first thoughts were this is a foolish way to alienate your "Franchise" QB. Which later lead to Culter being traded to the Bears. Not sure how much of the Marshall thing was McDaniels as much as it was a front office thing. But putting your best player on blast publicly by questioning his health surely didnt help. To top it off for some inexplicable reason he gets rid of DC Mike Nolan. The defense is what ancored that team's early success last season. His arrogance is hurting this team. He has all of Belichick's attitude and none of of his success. He has giving away the Broncos young nucleus and a very productive defensives mind and for what? McDaniels ego may have set this franchise back 7-10 years.

Perfectly said.
Old 04-19-2010, 12:13 PM   #77
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

We'll see how good of a talent evaluator McDaniels and company is with all these draft picks. I think he's going to find it way more difficult to make a living just getting rid of proven talent just be cause their not his "Guys". And his window for success is less then it was just 5-7years ago.

Coming from a guy who wanted Matt Cassel I doubt his eye for talent. And as of now he has giving me no reason to believe he will be successful.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:35 PM   #78
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anavar
Perfectly said.
Lol perfectly said? It's been 1 season and he still exceeded everyone's expectations; including the OP's.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 04-19-2010, 02:32 PM   #79
Banned

OVR: 11

I agree,..McDaniels is tearing apart a team that I thought was decent.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:16 PM   #80
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

And that decent team finished the same as it has with Shanahan. McDaniels had one year to start building, the majority of the guys dont fit what he wants (smallish inside line and same for dline)

McDaniels wants the team philosophy. 3 of the 4 players traded didn't buy into it so he got draft picks and players who will buy into what he wants. Its funny, I heard more in one summer about how guys love Orton than the years Cutler was here- coincidence?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »