Home

Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

This is a discussion on Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 04:32 PM   #9
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

Hey, I like what Josh McDaniels is doing.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
This again?

You couldn't just bump the old thread (that I remember you posting pretty much the same thing in)?

Cliff note recap:

1. Cutler ran himself out of town. He began doing it before McDaniel was even hired and went on to disrespect the owner.

2. Marshall ran himself out of town. He began doing it before Shannahan was even let go and went on to intentionally drop passes and punt balls in training camp.

3. Nolan wants to be a head coach.

4. With all the talk about McDaniel ruining the team last year AND getting rid of Cutler, they were no worse than they were the year before with Cutler and Shannahan.

5. "and for what?" For two 1st round picks, two 2nd round picks, a 3rd round pick and Kyle Orton. Not to mention getting rid of two malcontents who command HUGE salaries, and so far, no worse than the same record they had before getting rid of two players for ALL of that just mentioned.
How do you figure that when he went to miami for the same position ? especially when a lot of articles reported that him and Mcdaniels had different Philosophy's in schemes etc....

also its not only marshall and cutler its about the scheffler also and i bet other players as well.

He didnt exactly have a great draft either,I wouldn't put all my money on him picking good players with those draft picks didnt alphonso smith not do good and mcbath was hurt? also they signed ty law from a wheelchair to play nickel..... which led them to sign nathan jones in free agency this year?

he is making questionable decisions so far and i bet this draft will be a make or break for him.

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 04-14-2010, 04:54 PM   #11

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
also its not only marshall and cutler its about the scheffler also and i bet other players as well.
As much as I love Scheffler, he told teammates he couldn't wait to the season to be over. His teammates were upset by this and reported it to McDaniels. Would you want to line up next to somebody who didn't want to play?

With regards to Marshall, I've said it enough but I love him and really wish this didn't happen but there is something going on with the guy. Shannahan was outright just going to RELEASE him until he unexpectedly got fired.

If this was isolated and there were no attitude problems until McDaniels came, okay, maybe I could go with the ego thing. But this has clearly been a Marshall thing all along, not a coach thing...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #12
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

McDaniels has made the Broncos better, no question. Anyone who thinks other wise is only fooling themselves.

Got rid of a "franchise" QB who throws too man INTs and is a nutcase for Kyle Orton and a few 1st rounders.

Got rid of a nutbag WR for two 2nd round picks.

All the while, he has made the team, at very worst, slightly worse than it was when Shanny was released and still can make a large impact on the team in the draft.

Give him time. McDaniels is a brilliant guy who will get the Broncos on the right track.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

If he going to alienate all his talent them ship them off for draft picks we'll see how that works for him. My opinon of a good coach is somebody who can work with his talent not just ship them off.

This isnt college you have to work with what your giving. You dont have time to wait and see if "Your Players" pan out.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #14
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiko7523
How do you figure that when he went to miami for the same position ? especially when a lot of articles reported that him and Mcdaniels had different Philosophy's in schemes etc....

He didnt exactly have a great draft either,I wouldn't put all my money on him picking good players with those draft picks didnt alphonso smith not do good and mcbath was hurt? also they signed ty law from a wheelchair to play nickel..... which led them to sign nathan jones in free agency this year?

he is making questionable decisions so far and i bet this draft will be a make or break for him.
They were butting heads on philosophy, no doubt. When that happens the head coach wins. Nolan does want to be a head coach, but I understand you're saying he could've stayed there until he gets that chance again. My thought is he wants to act like a head coach now. Either way, McDaniel can't be criticized for not giving him that power if his philosophy works and there's no data on that at this point. Like I said, everyone complained about what was happening at this time last year and they finished with the same record as the year before.

As for Marshall and Scheffler, the leaders on the team (Dawkins and Stokley) went to McDaniel to say something needed to be done about their acting up, so my guess is the players are behind McDaniel, and the ones that aren't are outliers.

It's just funny that this same thread is starting all over again when the last one amounted to nothing. Some will mention that they blew a 6-0 start to finish 8-8 but won't admit that they're the same ones that said they'd be the worst team in the NFL, wouldn't win 4 games and wouldn't sniff the playoffs. The rest of us said they'd finish about 8-8... they finished 8-8.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:08 PM   #15
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
My opinon of a good coach is somebody who can work with his talent not just ship them off.
There is a reason Josh McDaniels is a head coach and you are not. You cannot have the inmates running the asylum when you are trying to change the culture of the team.

Everywhere a Parcells disciple has gone, they have done the same thing: Get rid of the losers and bring in high character guys who will run through a wall for his teammates. Then you can start taking chances on players.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #16
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If he going to alienate all his talent them ship them off for draft picks we'll see how that works for him. My opinon of a good coach is somebody who can work with his talent not just ship them off.

This isnt college you have to work with what your giving. You dont have time to wait and see if "Your Players" pan out.
Actually, "work with what you're given" is what great college coaches do. In the pros you have a system and then you bring in players to fit in your system. It's college where you can't wait and see if they pan out.

We will see how it works out for him. So far it's worked out pretty well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »