Home

Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

This is a discussion on Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 05:58 PM   #33
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Josh McDaniels ruining the Broncos from the inside out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
When are you going to admit to how many games you thought they were going to win last year?
I said they wouldnt make the playoffs after the 6-0 start. And they didnt.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:06 PM   #34
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Cutler are young promising players
Whats promising about Cutler? Hes a strong arm QB who throws off his back foot all the time, throws a lot of interceptions, not a leader, has a bad attitude, and hasn't won anything in the NFL. Before anyone says he has a bad oline, he had a really good one in Denver and still threw a lot of ints. So what exactly is promising about him?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #35
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
Whats promising about Cutler? Hes a strong arm QB who throws off his back foot all the time, throws a lot of interceptions, not a leader, has a bad attitude, and hasn't won anything in the NFL. Before anyone says he has a bad oline, he had a really good one in Denver and still threw a lot of ints. So what exactly is promising about him?
Who throws more INT's than Favre? Yet he is a 1st ballot HOF'er. Im not saying Culter is the greatest ,but in a league where there is such a love affair with that position when you have a guy who shows you he has what it takes thats promise.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #36
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
I like how you talk like you are the authority on all things football!

Most pro coaches only get an input on the guys they want. The GM's are the guys pulling the trigger that in itself should kill this debate.

Im sure the average job span of college coaches exceed pro coaches aswell.

And sure you might have your main guys to "Build around" longer ,but coaches have way more control at the college level than pros.
You interpret tone through text. But I do coach (basketball, not football) and have a pretty good understanding of the difference between recruiting players and throwing money at players... 4 year institutions and 10 year careers. It's really got nothing to do with all things football, it's common sense. You'll probably take that as insulting too but don't know what else to call it. Recruiting isn't signing players. And you can put it on the GM instead of the coach if you want... NFL organizations find players to put in their system rather than "taking what they get".

I think you're confusing the fact that it's harder to build dynasties and keep players around as long as teams used to with the idea that NFL teams can't and don't build that way. Yes, it's harder than it used to be to maintain an entire team. That doesn't make it college or anywhere close.

Quote:
I said they wouldnt make the playoffs after the 6-0 start. And they didnt.
Ahhh, so you had them going 6-0, and only when they got there did you comment on if they'd make the playoffs? I'm pretty sure the most die hard Bronco fans on this board had them winning around 7-9 games and they won 8... when they started 6-0 they didn't adjust that total. So I guess you had them winning 6 games last year? I mean you're saying that McDaniels is ruining the team so you have to think they did worse than you expected them to so you thought they'd win 8 games or more going into the season last year?
Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 PM   #37
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Who throws more INT's than Favre? Yet he is a 1st ballot HOF'er. Im not saying Culter is the greatest ,but in a league where there is such a love affair with that position when you have a guy who shows you he has what it takes thats promise.
Farve even with his interceptions won almost all the time. Pretty much every QB selected in the first round can show promise. Until you actually prove your good (hes been in the league for a few years now) promise is like potential, it doesn't mean crap until you do it. Combine that with the baggage Cutler brings and what McDaniels got in return for him, it was a great trade. IMO when we look back at this from a few years from now people are going to say wow I can't believe Denver got that much in return for that bum Cutler who never did anything. Great Trade
Old 04-14-2010, 06:29 PM   #38
av7
Hall Of Fame

av7's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
I dont think Cutler should even be in the same breath as Favre. Favre has won playoff games, a superbowl. Cutler hasn't finished over .500 in his career at this point. Cutler remains the same, he should be good because of his talent, but that doesnt mean it will happen
Old 04-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #39
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
You interpret tone through text. But I do coach (basketball, not football) and have a pretty good understanding of the difference between recruiting players and throwing money at players... 4 year institutions and 10 year careers. It's really got nothing to do with all things football, it's common sense. You'll probably take that as insulting too but don't know what else to call it. Recruiting isn't signing players. And you can put it on the GM instead of the coach if you want... NFL organizations find players to put in their system rather than "taking what they get".

I think you're confusing the fact that it's harder to build dynasties and keep players around as long as teams used to with the idea that NFL teams can't and don't build that way. Yes, it's harder than it used to be to maintain an entire team. That doesn't make it college or anywhere close.
No its how you like to assume other people dont know what they're talking about because they dont agree with you. I have a mind of my own.

GM's go against HC's all the time. Unless your a HC/GM you dont even get the final say so. So I dont see how you can say its easier as a pro coach to get your guys in. Even Pacells had the famous line about cooking and shopping.

Quote:
Ahhh, so you had them going 6-0, and only when they got there did you comment on if they'd make the playoffs? I'm pretty sure the most die hard Bronco fans on this board had them winning around 7-9 games and they won 8... when they started 6-0 they didn't adjust that total. So I guess you had them winning 6 games last year? I mean you're saying that McDaniels is ruining the team so you have to think they did worse than you expected them to so you thought they'd win 8 games or more going into the season last year?
I didnt predict that great start I thought they were going be worse after trading Cutler. But some of those wins where flukee. But when people where singing their praise's I said they wouldnt make the playoffs.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:40 PM   #40
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
I dont think Cutler should even be in the same breath as Favre. Favre has won playoff games, a superbowl. Cutler hasn't finished over .500 in his career at this point. Cutler remains the same, he should be good because of his talent, but that doesnt mean it will happen
The point was you can be a great QB and still throw picks thats all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »