Home

The Situation of Players against the law

This is a discussion on The Situation of Players against the law within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2010, 04:51 PM   #1
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22
Angry The Situation of Players against the law

i know i am not the only one that feels this way about this subject so i decided to voice my opinion. For the most part NFL Players out of all the sports seem to get the most "privileges" when it comes to run ins with the law. Prime examples are Ben Rothelsburger, Adam Jones, The Cincinnati Bengals Etc. Ben Rothelsburger correct my if i am wrong was suspected of sexually abusing two different people on two different occasions, Adam Jones, after multiple run ins with the law paralyzes a man after shooting him, Antonio Cromartie owes over 20 thousand dollars in child support to i believe 6 different woman and finally the Bengal's have more former felons than the mean machine from the movie "longest yard". The honest to god's truth is that if any of these players were average joes like you and me most of them would probably be behind bars right now and fired from their real world jobs. I think its ludicrous that players who are allowed to play in the NFL are just above everyone else. All of these player's for the crime they committed have recieved little jail time (in retrospect to us non superstar athletes) and basically received a slap on the wrist. And just to show you how screwed up it is Mike Vick got 2 years in prison for killing animals. I guess that allegedly sexually abusing 2 different people or nearly killing a man does not give good jail time these days

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: The Situation of Players against the law

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
Antonio Cromartie owes over 20 thousand dollars in child support to i believe 6 different woman
Damn I didn't know he owed 20 thousand dollars in child support. It's not that they are given a long leash it's that they can afford the best lawyers when they go to court so they get out of more crimes and with less penalties. Being famous has a lot of draw backs. You have no privacy and are constantly surrounded by people when you go out. Theres a positive and negative to being a sports star.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Well this makes me think of that Tiger Woods South Park episode. You know the one where they were looking for reasons why rich men have "sex addictions."

Old 04-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

You should review the facts of Ben's Nevada case before making those claims. Ben's attorneys have in their posession emails and IM's from the accuser bragging about having slept with him. That tends to diminish the validity of a rape claim when the so-called "victim" is bragging about it afterward.

As for Georgia, the DA said himself admitted he had no case as it pertains to sexual assault. So keep in mind that Ben hasn't been arrested a single time nor has he been charged with anything to date.

Ben is guilty of making poor decisions and douche-ish behavior, not criminal activities (that we know of).
Old 04-14-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
i know i am not the only one that feels this way about this subject so i decided to voice my opinion. For the most part NFL Players out of all the sports seem to get the most "privileges" when it comes to run ins with the law. Prime examples are Ben Rothelsburger, Adam Jones, The Cincinnati Bengals Etc. Ben Rothelsburger correct my if i am wrong was suspected of sexually abusing two different people on two different occasions, Adam Jones, after multiple run ins with the law paralyzes a man after shooting him, Antonio Cromartie owes over 20 thousand dollars in child support to i believe 6 different woman and finally the Bengal's have more former felons than the mean machine from the movie "longest yard". The honest to god's truth is that if any of these players were average joes like you and me most of them would probably be behind bars right now and fired from their real world jobs. I think its ludicrous that players who are allowed to play in the NFL are just above everyone else. All of these player's for the crime they committed have recieved little jail time (in retrospect to us non superstar athletes) and basically received a slap on the wrist. And just to show you how screwed up it is Mike Vick got 2 years in prison for killing animals. I guess that allegedly sexually abusing 2 different people or nearly killing a man does not give good jail time these days
Couple of quick fact checks:

- Pacman didn't shoot the guy. It's rumored that he ordered someone to shoot the guy and fact that someone in his group shot the guy.

- Vick's time wasn't that long because of killing dogs, it was because of gambling. You may have a problem with gambling being considered more serious than killing dogs but that has nothing to do with your point in this thread... and yes, I think being convicted of anything deserves more time than being accused (as in the alleged sexual abuse cases).

As for your point here, it's not an NFL thing or even an athlete thing. It's a money thing. If the average Joe could afford the lawyers these guys get, pay off accusers like these guys can, pay cops under the table like these guys can, etc. then it'd be the same. Honestly, the rich "average Joe" is in a better spot than an NFL player bc they're less likely to get caught in the first place since they aren't easily recognizable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 51

Well i agree with most of this. Guys like ben, adam jones, joey porter, and ray lewis should still be locked up. But then theirs guys like Plexico probely shouldnt be locked up for 2 years. But then again look at kobe. He should be in jail.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:51 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 17

Really? Guys should be locked up when there is no evidence supporting criminal activity? I guess accusations seems to be enough in today's lowest common denominator, witchhunt, TMZ-style media.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:53 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 29

The reason nothing has happened to ben yet is really obvious.

He is a superbowl quarterback.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »