Home

there are finally some good QB's in the draft this year

This is a discussion on there are finally some good QB's in the draft this year within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: there are finally some good QB's in the draft this year

I think Dan is going to be those good Quarterback who are not menton in the media a lot, and Toby Pike too, but I'm on the Tebow bandwagon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 09:36 PM   #42
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robens
I think Dan is going to be those good Quarterback who are not menton in the media a lot, and Toby Pike too, but I'm on the Tebow bandwagon.
It's Tony Pike. I'll be rooting for him since he grew up near me.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:58 PM   #43
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

The most under-hyped QB is probably the best in this class, LeFevour. Dan and Sam are the only ones that have a chance (IMO) at becoming the next great NFL Starter. And as for the best class, this wasn't even a better class than last year. Last year = 3 1st-round qbs who lead their team to more wins with the exception of Freeman, but that wasn't his fault xD Sanchez probably had the worst year out of the three all things considered (Playing on a team that couldv'e won that division had it not been for some stupid picks by him) . This year = 2 potential 1st rounders, and 1 of them probably will never develop past what he is now (Clausen) and the other one might be one of the biggest busts ever (Bradford) because of injury. Ludacris.

And LMAO@the Roethlisraper
Old 04-18-2010, 11:00 PM   #44
MVP

duckfever8's Arena

OVR: 23

Eh, Bradford's got shoulder problems, and once you get a couple of those, it starts happening again and again. Tebow is a system QB who some people think will be a tight end or fullback in the NFL, and Clausen played crap defenses in college, and couldn't win games against teams like Connecticut, Pittsburgh, or Hawaii. The better QB's might come later in the draft (Pike, LeFevour, etc.).
NBA-Portland Trail Blazers
NFL-Carolina Panthers
MLB-San Francisco Giants
NHL-Los Angeles Kings
Won't change this signature until Oregon wins a national championship (started 3/10/10)
Old 04-18-2010, 11:50 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckfever8
Eh, Bradford's got shoulder problems, and once you get a couple of those, it starts happening again and again. Tebow is a system QB who some people think will be a tight end or fullback in the NFL, and Clausen played crap defenses in college, and couldn't win games against teams like Connecticut, Pittsburgh, or Hawaii. The better QB's might come later in the draft (Pike, LeFevour, etc.).
Add USC to that as well. Dummy had them at the goal line and couldnt get it in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 AM   #46
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Being a student at Central Michigan myself, I have grown with LeFevour throughout his career progression here. I think he's a solid quarterback, but he will not do anything in the NFL. I would be surprised if he rose above a backup position for some rotten team. Mobile quarterbacks are rarely successful in the NFL, his accuracy is a little shaky, and he makes some really bad choices that typically result in (in CMU's case, typically game-losing) interceptions. He's a better version of Tim Tebow (as a quarterback), but that doesn't say much because Tebow will do nothing in the NFL, either.

The best quarterback option in the draft.... wait for it.... get your pitch forks... is Jimmy Clausen. :-)

I'm a USC fan and I love the guy; he should have come to Southern Cal; that was actually probably his biggest mistake. If he had, you'd all love him and he'd have won a national championship or two and be a sure-lock for the number one quarterback in the draft. Instead, he became a Domer, where the academic standards are a lot harder, haha, and the teammates he worked with are a lot worse. This last season should have silenced all doubts about the guy, but the Notre Dame hate knows no bounds and everyone, driven by Todd McShay's douchebaggery, continues to hate the guy.

Please, save your comparisons to Brady Quinn, they're both unfounded and irrelevant. Quinn is not Clausen; Clausen is not Quinn. Clausen is better and whatever talent Quinn has/had was wasted in the talent suck that is Cleveland. There were entire games that Clausen threw more touchdowns than incompletions this year. If you're still in doubt, Google "Jimmy Clausen is an Alien Wizard." Arguments against the guy lose all credibility from there-out. Don't bother bringing up "oh he couldn't beat teams" this year, either. Don't blame Clausen for the fact that he played on a team with a pop warner defense and a non-existent offensive line. Clausen was, arguably, the only reason that any of their games were close. And yeah, he had us beat, and he couldn't get it in. So what? It wouldn't have even been close without him. That team would have been 1-11 without that man at the helm.

I don't know if he'll be amazing in the NFL, but I won't bet against him. If he gets stuck on a bad team and performs amazingly, what will the excuse be? He's surrounded by talent? His coaching? The system? His receivers? You will run out of excuses.

If he bombs, then so be it. He busts. It happens all the time. The collective hate of him will only grow and I'll climb on board the wagon at that point, but give the guy a break. Just because you hate his school doesn't mean you have to hate him.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:19 AM   #47
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete
Being a student at Central Michigan myself, I have grown with LeFevour throughout his career progression here. I think he's a solid quarterback, but he will not do anything in the NFL. I would be surprised if he rose above a backup position for some rotten team. Mobile quarterbacks are rarely successful in the NFL, his accuracy is a little shaky, and he makes some really bad choices that typically result in (in CMU's case, typically game-losing) interceptions. He's a better version of Tim Tebow (as a quarterback), but that doesn't say much because Tebow will do nothing in the NFL, either.

The best quarterback option in the draft.... wait for it.... get your pitch forks... is Jimmy Clausen. :-)

I'm a USC fan and I love the guy; he should have come to Southern Cal; that was actually probably his biggest mistake. If he had, you'd all love him and he'd have won a national championship or two and be a sure-lock for the number one quarterback in the draft. Instead, he became a Domer, where the academic standards are a lot harder, haha, and the teammates he worked with are a lot worse. This last season should have silenced all doubts about the guy, but the Notre Dame hate knows no bounds and everyone, driven by Todd McShay's douchebaggery, continues to hate the guy.

Please, save your comparisons to Brady Quinn, they're both unfounded and irrelevant. Quinn is not Clausen; Clausen is not Quinn. Clausen is better and whatever talent Quinn has/had was wasted in the talent suck that is Cleveland. There were entire games that Clausen threw more touchdowns than incompletions this year. If you're still in doubt, Google "Jimmy Clausen is an Alien Wizard." Arguments against the guy lose all credibility from there-out. Don't bother bringing up "oh he couldn't beat teams" this year, either. Don't blame Clausen for the fact that he played on a team with a pop warner defense and a non-existent offensive line. Clausen was, arguably, the only reason that any of their games were close. And yeah, he had us beat, and he couldn't get it in. So what? It wouldn't have even been close without him. That team would have been 1-11 without that man at the helm.

I don't know if he'll be amazing in the NFL, but I won't bet against him. If he gets stuck on a bad team and performs amazingly, what will the excuse be? He's surrounded by talent? His coaching? The system? His receivers? You will run out of excuses.

If he bombs, then so be it. He busts. It happens all the time. The collective hate of him will only grow and I'll climb on board the wagon at that point, but give the guy a break. Just because you hate his school doesn't mean you have to hate him.
Out of the 4 QB's in this discussion Clausen had the the best skill player around him and consistently faced worse defense's of the 4 and still couldnt win. He just throw the ball up to Tate, Floyd and Rudolph. Gurden asked him about just throwing the ball up and he said coach told him to just throw it up to his play makers. This wont work in the pros and neither will he. I could care less what school "Jumpball" Jimmy went to.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-19-2010, 02:48 AM   #48
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by alifeincomplete

Clausen wouldn't have played a down at USC until this past year. Wasn't going to beat out Booty as a frosh, wasn't going to beat out Sanchez after that. His only chance to play would have been this past year, and then next year.

As far as erasing the doubt last year. Let me know when Clausen shows up in a big game. Much like with Quinn, when it's brought up he couldn't beat anyone and only showed up against the lower tier teams, the excuse machine gets fired up excusing his mediocrity.

Mediocre college players generally don't become good pros, and Clausen was a mediocre college player who padded his numbers against poor competition and gets the hype due to playing for the Irish. If he wasn't the Irish QB, he would never have sniffed the DAC this past December.

Last edited by bkrich83; 04-19-2010 at 02:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »