Home

The Ben Roethlisberger Saga

This is a discussion on The Ben Roethlisberger Saga within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #25
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Big Ben in Trouble......Again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Oh, by the way, the link is to Huffington, who once said if he is 80% correct in his reports, he is successful.
Yea noticed that as well. So far no one else is reporting this as or right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 12:08 AM   #26
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Big Ben is following the Tiger guide to relationships, apparently. Although, Big Ben forgot one thing:

No means no.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:09 AM   #27
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Wait, wait, I'm confused. Did this happen since he's been in trouble and had everything spotlighted on him for the second time or did this happen like that weekend or a few days later or what? I can't imagine him being that stupid to have something like this happen while the heat is on his *** the way it is and especially after the Santonio trade, so I'm just trying to figure out a good timeline here.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:24 AM   #28
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm calling bogus on this. First off, as much coverage as Ben has gotten this would be everywhere and no one else has breathed a word of this. Secondly, it's huffington...I don't think anything comes of this.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:24 AM   #29
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbently
Yea noticed that as well. So far no one else is reporting this as or right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
Oh, by the way, the link is to Huffington, who once said if he is 80% correct in his reports, he is successful.
Well, I didn't know that about the Huffington. Either way, it must be getting reported somewhere else as well because the guy that told me is not computer literate at all. I doubt that he found it on the internet. He had to hear it on the radio or something. When he told me, I googled Ben Roethlisberger and 16 yr old and Huffington popped up. It's the first one that I saw so I don't know if any other sites were reporting this as well. I checked the Huffington's credibilty and they seemed pretty credible from what I saw. This is still kinda fresh I guess, but we'll see what happens in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Wait, wait, I'm confused. Did this happen since he's been in trouble and had everything spotlighted on him for the second time or did this happen like that weekend or a few days later or what? I can't imagine him being that stupid to have something like this happen while the heat is on his *** the way it is and especially after the Santonio trade, so I'm just trying to figure out a good timeline here.
This supposedly happened before the last incident. At least that's the way that I read it.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 AM   #30
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

This guy needs to be suspended from the NFL 3 FREAKIN TIMES hes done this. i mean honestly he is a superstar nfl QB that could probably get anyone to sleep with him if he asked. What does he enjoy the thrill?

Old 04-18-2010, 12:31 AM   #31
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopydude
This guy needs to be suspended from the NFL 3 FREAKIN TIMES hes done this. i mean honestly he is a superstar nfl QB that could probably get anyone to sleep with him if he asked. What does he enjoy the thrill?
Allegedly.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 12:40 AM   #32
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I'm calling bogus on this. First off, as much coverage as Ben has gotten this would be everywhere and no one else has breathed a word of this. Secondly, it's huffington...I don't think anything comes of this.
Actually word is starting to get around. This is from the NY Daily News

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo..._statemen.html

Quote:
Georgia cop who took Ben Roethlisberger's quits after making derogatory comments about accuser
By Michael O'Keeffe
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Puskar/APPittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's actions could get his team a fat fine from the NFL. Poll Big Bad Ben
What should the Steelers do with Ben Roethlisberger?

Keep him, but levy a fine and suspension
Trade him, he's too much of a headache

Related NewsArticlesGoodell: Big Ben decision on wayEli pulling for Big BenSteelers ready to discipline Big BenSteelers will wait to penalize Big BenMyers: Suspend Big Ben!The Georgia cop who interviewed Ben Roethlisberger after a 20-year-old woman accused the Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback of sexual assault resigned on Wednesday after acknowledging that he made derogatory comments about the alleged victim and accused her of fabricating the alleged attack.

But Milledgeville police chief Woodrow Blue said the officer's comments did not prejudice the investigation of the March incident at Capital City, a Milledgeville nightclub popular with students. Prosecutors announced earlier this week that they would not file charges against Roethlisberger.

"His actions in no way changed or influenced the investigation," Blue said.

Blue confirmed that Sgt. Jerry Blash resigned from the department but said he couldn't comment any further on what he called "a personnel issue."

Blash reportedly told an off-duty police officer who was a member of Roethlisberger's entourage that the victim was "drunk off her a--" and lied about the alleged assault.

"We have a problem," Blash reportedly said. "This drunken b----, drunk off her a--, is accusing Ben of rape. This p----- me off. Women can do this. It's b------- but we've got to do this, we've got to do a report. This is BS. She's making s--- up."

TMZ reported that Blash had posed for photos with Roethlisberger outside the club before the alleged attack took place.

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported Friday that the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has learned that a second woman has said Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her. The woman said she was at a party at the quarterback's home when he pulled down his pants and told her she could "do whatever she wants."

The woman said she attended another party thrown by Roethlisberger a week later, and claims he forced his hand up her skirt. She decided not to pursue a criminal complaint at the insistence of her father.

A Nevada woman filed a civil suit against Roethlisberger last year that claims he raped her in 2008.

Pennsylvania state police, meanwhile, say they are trying to determine if a trooper who was also part of Roethlisberger's entourage violated the department's code of conduct.

Lt. Myra Taylor said Friday that an internal investigation will determine whether Trooper Ed Joyner, who friends of the accuser say refused to acknowledge if the woman was alone with Roethlisberger in the back of the club, did anything "that could reasonably be expected to destroy public respect" for the agency.
EDIT: The NY Post also has an article up:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...RYnEi50KQBTwON

Quote:
2nd woman says she was assaulted by Steelers' QB Roethlisberger
By JENNIFER FERMINO

Last Updated: 2:54 PM, April 17, 2010

Posted: 2:51 AM, April 17, 2010

While investigating a college student's claim that she was sexually assaulted by Ben Roethlisberger, Georgia police learned about another woman to whom the star quarterback allegedly exposed himself and became "forceful" with after putting "his hand up [her] skirt," according to police documents.

A drunk Roethlisberger -- who has twice been accused of sexually assaulting women in two other incidents but has never been charged by police -- allegedly refused to let a woman leave his house after she drove him home from a party, according to a police report.

The Pittsburgh Steelers QB then allegedly whipped his pants down and told her "she could do whatever she wants," according to the police report, which doesn't say when the incident occurred.

A week later, Roethlisberger invited the woman -- who is in her early 20s and works at a golf course near his off-season home -- to a party at his house.

At the soiree, he invited her to his room, then stuck his hand up her skirt and became angry when she pushed him away, according to the police report.

She "went home and told her father, but her father chose not to pursue the issue," according to the police.

When cops contacted her, the woman refused to be interviewed because she didn't want to get dragged into a high-profile case, according to the records of the sex-assault investigation obtained by the Web site The Smoking Gun.

Cops in Milledgeville, Ga., -- who were investigating a college student's allegations that she was sexually assaulted by Roethlisberger in March at a nightclub -- learned of the woman from a friend of her family's. That friend was a member of the Milledgeville Police Department's Youth Explorer Program.

The new details emerged just days after authorities announced they wouldn't press charges against Roethlisberger because they couldn't prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.

Meanwhile, the cop who interviewed Roethlisberger after the alleged March assault has resigned. Sgt. Jerry Blush, who stepped down Wednesday, acknowledged to investigators that he made derogatory comments about the alleged victim to other cops.

Roethlisberger also is being sued by a different woman who claims the two-time Super Bowl champ raped her in 2008 in Lake Tahoe, a charge he denies.

Last edited by splff3000; 04-18-2010 at 12:56 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »