Home

The Ben Roethlisberger Saga

This is a discussion on The Ben Roethlisberger Saga within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2010, 08:47 PM   #521
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: The Ben Roethlisberger Saga

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
False....Ben admitted to "sexual contact" and that the girl "bumped her head"

And thats one of the things that ticks me off so much about this matter...People don't know the whole story....just the accusations from the girls that the media wanted to focus on for shock value.....very few times did they ever report on the actual evidence

like how there wasn't even a millionth or somethng shred of dna material found on the girl that could be used to determine if it was Bens....
More absolutism, and this time with more partisanship for the Steelers franchise. Give me a break.

The girl came to the hospital with a laceration as well as bleeding and bruising in the pubic area. They collected a male's DNA from her, but it was an insufficient amount to determine a connection to Roethlisberger, or anyone else for that matter. She dropped her charges because the media was prepping to hang her, but never said he didn't rape her.

Moreover, the local police was struck stupid by Ben's celebrity. One of them that arrived at the scene, who was photographed with Ben, stirred up controversy when he called the girl a "bitch." You guys like to point to this fictional sensation about a rush to judgment against Ben, and I think there's a large case for the opposite. Information was played-down and stuff like the video-tape, conveniently erased, was overlooked because it was him they were dealing with.

Again, I will never know if Roethlisberger actually did this, just as you will never know if he didn't, but something about it never passed the smell test. It's a sad reality, however, that the bad guy gets off sometimes, just as it's a sad reality that the innocent man gets punished. Which was the case here?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 09:22 PM   #522
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
The thing is, we do see it from the other side. We're trying to get youto do the same. Do I personally think that Ben Roethlisberger raped that girl? I think there's a good chance of it, but I can and never will be certain. The same goes for the other side of the argument. Your absolutist mentality (which leads to so venomous statements against the girls) that I find alarming. While I [in jest] said that I have some bias in the case because I don't like the Steelers, I would never want a man to be falsely accused of rape. It's a horrifying claim that follows you for the rest of your life, even if it's proven false. But it hasn't been in Roethlisberger's case. It was simply dropped.
The first woman was BS. Period. I don't buy for a second that anything happened there other than some whore looking for a payday. So I don't feel out of line calling her that.

You're calling out the cops here as if they swept this thing under the rug or something. The cops who took her report didn't believe a word she said, she was stumbling around not making any sense because she was so drunk. In that state of mind, how can you make such claims? Think of the amount of times police officers have to hear these types of things, and how often they are BS and a simple he said/she said type matter. People have sex, drama happens, and some girls feel the need to seek revenge in form of "rape" claims. That's what I feel this situation is. They banged, he probably said something dick to her, because he is a dick, so her and her friends cooked this up to get him back.

Not to mention, just watching the video of her, she doesn't sound the least bit credible. I was in with the mob who wanted Ben's head upon hearing about this whole thing, but as more and more details came out, I pulled a complete 180. I simply do not buy the rape angle.
Quote:
A preference for Dixon, really? I'm sure you saw more of his preseason than I did, but what I did see wasn't impressive. I know that's hard to gauge a quarterback by, but if the Arizona Cardinals can cut a former first rounder based on exactly that, I can critique Dennis Dixon, haha. I think he demonstrated some questionable decision-making against Denver, but I do like his more open style of play. That's something Batch doesn't bring to the table.

I agree about Leftwich. The man is a loser.
He looked awful in that Denver game, but I like his potential. He delivered in a really tough spot last year in the Baltimore game, it was a losing effort, but he performed above expectations. He simply has more talent than Batch or Leftwich, and he's actually mobile which is a MUST behind the Steelers offensive line. Leftwich stood no chance of being our QB, since he can't move. Batch isn't much better in that regard, and Batch sucks anyways. Dixon I can actually see as a playmaker, if need be.

Best-cast scenario the way I see it, is we go 2-2 in that 4 game stretch. So I don't think we have much to lose by throwing Dixon in there.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:05 PM   #523
Rookie

OVR: 0

Ben There Raped That haha
Old 09-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #524
Banned

Great contribution.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:00 PM   #525
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
As does every guy in the same situation. Most girls know what they're doing when they put themselves in this situation, you can't blame Ben for her being too immature to.

99% of single men going to the bar are looking for a tipsy girl, both are adults and both should understand what they're doing.

Yes, Ben is an idiot for doing so since he's a million dollar two time SB winning pro QB. He shouldn't have to do that crap to begin with. Which is why I agree that he should have been suspended a game or two. But 6 is ridiculous, even 4 is. I don't see how you can punish poor judgment to those extremes.
I'm happily in the 1% (even though 99% is a pipe dream). As an adult... and a man, I have more faith in my game to prey on "tipsy" girls at a bar.

Quote:
And that's BS. You got some girl drunk to the point where she can't even stand up, telling you some story that doesn't make sense, and you don't take her seriously. You should get fired for that? BS. I feel bad for those guys.
Yes... because it's his job. I'm sure he'd rather be interviewing drunks than in a shoot out or trying to stop a knife fight. It was a good night. It seems you think that being over .08 robs you of your rights in this country. Maybe that 99% you're talking about thinks that way too. They better be careful bc I'm sure "she was drunk" doesn't fly in court.

Quote:
The first woman was BS. Period. I don't buy for a second that anything happened there other than some whore looking for a payday. So I don't feel out of line calling her that.

You're calling out the cops here as if they swept this thing under the rug or something. The cops who took her report didn't believe a word she said, she was stumbling around not making any sense because she was so drunk. In that state of mind, how can you make such claims? Think of the amount of times police officers have to hear these types of things, and how often they are BS and a simple he said/she said type matter. People have sex, drama happens, and some girls feel the need to seek revenge in form of "rape" claims. That's what I feel this situation is. They banged, he probably said something dick to her, because he is a dick, so her and her friends cooked this up to get him back.

Not to mention, just watching the video of her, she doesn't sound the least bit credible. I was in with the mob who wanted Ben's head upon hearing about this whole thing, but as more and more details came out, I pulled a complete 180. I simply do not buy the rape angle.

He looked awful in that Denver game, but I like his potential. He delivered in a really tough spot last year in the Baltimore game, it was a losing effort, but he performed above expectations. He simply has more talent than Batch or Leftwich, and he's actually mobile which is a MUST behind the Steelers offensive line. Leftwich stood no chance of being our QB, since he can't move. Batch isn't much better in that regard, and Batch sucks anyways. Dixon I can actually see as a playmaker, if need be.

Best-cast scenario the way I see it, is we go 2-2 in that 4 game stretch. So I don't think we have much to lose by throwing Dixon in there.
Easy on the language. Certain words don't get caught by the filter but aren't necessary to use (over and over). Same points can be made without them.

On the Dixon convo, his INTs in that game were the first all preseason, practice or games. The guy stood up to the task of a tough Ravens D last year. He's got a lot of promise and it would've been a shame if that one game buried him. I don't wish injury on anyone but in the grand scheme of things, it was probably a good thing that Leftwich got hurt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2010, 07:32 PM   #526
Banned

Should have never traded for Leftwich to begin with. That made no sense, given how awful he was in TB, and that we had a promising guy like Dixon, plus Batch. Now you wasted a draft pick just to have Leftwich come in and not even play for 4-6 weeks, by then your real QB coming back, so who cares about Leftwich.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #527
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i don't think i've weighed in on all this but here we go:

First as far as his suspension i believe it was a suspension of what he has done over a period in his career. lets start first with the motorcycle incident . not only was he driving on an expired lpermit he wore no helmet which while he would be under the permit he is to wear one. he crashes damn near loses his life. the following offseason comes he and that hotel chick gets their freak on and she sees a chance to make money . then the following year he gets busy with this 20 year old chick whether or not she was raped no one knows , but a woman yells rape and her friends say in written reports that they wasn't allowed to see there friend or get to them thats some "Accused" stuff going on. Ben's personality and belief he was bigger than god got him in trouble. i believe his actions over time and not one incident got him suspened.

as far as dixon and leftwhich goes. i still don't understand how many thought leftwhich was a good decison they got him for a seventh or fifth round pick. he rode the bench at tampa after 5 games in place for a rookie. he's just as injury prone as batch . if it didn't happen at that preseason game it would have happened in those first four games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »