Home

2010 Draft: Winners and Losers

This is a discussion on 2010 Draft: Winners and Losers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 2010 Draft: Winners and Losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Morrison was traded? He's a pretty good player, surprised this wasn't reported(or I guess where have I been if it was reported..).
He hasn't been happy for a while now, especially since last year they practically tried to hand the job to Ricky Brown..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #66
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

My Ravens Draft Review

Initially I was steamed when Jerry Jones traded in front of us to take Dez Bryant. We traded out of the first and got away with high way robbery for the 25th pick. From all reports we tried to get back into the first round, probably tried to get back in to take Kyle Wilson, who I would have loved to get, but the Jets swiped him up. Rex Ryan even said he was nervous Baltimore would just take Wilson at 25. But we traded out. Anyways, I'm happy with this draft even though I think we still need a CB (at least one), due to Webb's injury last season.

I look at our areas that needed to be addressed and what we came out with and I'm stoked with this draft. Areas that needed addressing (Run Defense, Pass Rush, Pass D, Weapons for Flacco):

Run Defense: The Bengals Broke us last year and the Vikings followed suit. The Steelers did a decent job in that Sunday night game as well. We might have finished top 5 against the run, but we struggled against it last season. So what did we do?

Terrance Cody (2nd round); Arthur Jones (5th round). I'm actually more intrigued by Jones here as he was a 1st team Big East standout as a junior. He tore a pectoral muscle and had an ankle injury and as a result his draft stock plummeted. Prior to that he was a standout DT in the Big East. I think we may have gotten a steal with this guy as he can play NT as well as 5 technique.

Cody definitely shores up holes we had in our run defense. It is going to be fun to see him and Ngata on the field on first downs, unless teams come out in spread formations.

Pass Rush: Pick 1 Round 2: Sergio Kindle - A relentless player that has a Ravens attitude. Durability might be a concern, but right now he is healthy. I think he was the best tweener in the draft and he dropped to us at 43. I think he can come in right away in the Nickel and Dime Packages and help the pass rush. With Suggs in shape and back down to his 255 playing weight and with this guy coming off the other edge, or maybe both of them on the same side, one in a 3 point the other standing, we should be able to do a lot of front. Mix in Kindle with Suggs, Redding, Pryce/Kruger and I think you have a really good pass rushing front.

Coverage: We did not address this area, however, had a chance to take Kyle Wilson at 25. With Webb coming of an ACL injury and probably non-available for camp, CB is an area of concern. I'm sure we will add a FA and we will have to keep our fingers cross that we can do a great deal up front to protect the back end.

Weapons for Flacco: Round 3: Ed Dickson; Round 4: Dennis Pitta; Round 5 David Reed. I like all three of these picks. All have a chance to contribute right away. I see Reed as our returner and possibly a good slot player in his rookie season. Tremendous Balance and run after the catch. Crafty route runner with good hands. They can do a lot of creative things with Dickson. He reminds me a lot of JerMichael Finley for the Packers. Not a great blocker but he's a mismatch waiting to happen if they use him in the slot or out wide. He has the speed to out run linebackers and he has the height, strength and weight advantage to give corners problems. Finally, I really like Dennis Pitta. He's going to be a great back up and eventual successor to Todd Heap. Like Dickson he can play in the slot and out wide and has the same intangibles that Dickson has. They are not great blockers, but they can run and catch and create mismatches.

No we did not get that big physical WR that we covet. When JJ traded to 24, I knew Bryant was going to the Cowboys. So we have Boldin, Mason, Stallworth, Reed and we will most likely bring Clayton back. He shouldn't be so bad as a 4 and a slot guy. I think Dickson and Pitta will help Flacco tremendously and right away.

All in all I'll give this Ravens draft a B+/A- . We traded back and got tremendous value as well as need.

Last edited by LBzrule; 04-25-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #67
Banned

peteykirch's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
My Ravens Draft Review

Initially I was steamed when Jerry Jones traded in front of us to take Dez Bryant. We traded out of the first and got away with high way robbery for the 25th pick. From all reports we tried to get back into the first round, probably tried to get back in to take Kyle Wilson, who I would have loved to get, but the Jets swiped him up. Rex Ryan even said he was nervous Baltimore would just take Wilson at 25. But we traded out. Anyways, I'm happy with this draft even though I think we still need a CB (at least one), due to Webb's injury last season.

I look at our areas that needed to be addressed and what we came out with and I'm stoked with this draft. Areas that needed addressing (Run Defense, Pass Rush, Pass D, Weapons for Flacco):

Run Defense: The Bengals Broke us last year and the Vikings followed suit. The Steelers did a decent job in that Sunday night game as well. We might have finished top 5 against the run, but we struggled against it last season. So what did we do?

Terrance Cody (2nd round); Arthur Jones (5th round). I'm actually more intrigued by Jones here as he was a 1st team Big East standout as a junior. He tore a pectoral muscle and had an ankle injury and as a result his draft stock plummeted. Prior to that he was a standout DT in the Big East. I think we may have gotten a steal with this guy as he can play NT as well as 5 technique.

Cody definitely shores up holes we had in our run defense. It is going to be fun to see him and Ngata on the field on first downs, unless teams come out in spread formations.

Pass Rush: Pick 1 Round 2: Sergio Kindle - A relentless player that has a Ravens attitude. Durability might be a concern, but right now he is healthy. I think he was the best tweener in the draft and he dropped to us at 43. I think he can come in right away in the Nickel and Dime Packages and help the pass rush. With Suggs in shape and back down to his 255 playing weight and with this guy coming off the other edge, or maybe both of them on the same side, one in a 3 point the other standing, we should be able to do a lot of front. Mix in Kindle with Suggs, Redding, Pryce/Kruger and I think you have a really good pass rushing front.

Coverage: We did not address this area, however, had a chance to take Kyle Wilson at 25. With Webb coming of an ACL injury and probably non-available for camp, CB is an area of concern. I'm sure we will add a FA and we will have to keep our fingers cross that we can do a great deal up front to protect the back end.

Weapons for Flacco: Round 3: Ed Dickson; Round 4: Dennis Pitta; Round 5 David Reed. I like all three of these picks. All have a chance to contribute right away. I see Reed as our returner and possibly a good slot player in his rookie season. Tremendous Balance and run after the catch. Crafty route runner with good hands. They can do a lot of creative things with Dickson. He reminds me a lot of JerMichael Finley for the Packers. Not a great blocker but he's a mismatch waiting to happen if they use him in the slot or out wide. He has the speed to out run linebackers and he has the height, strength and weight advantage to give corners problems. Finally, I really like Dennis Pitta. He's going to be a great back up and eventual successor to Todd Heap. Like Dickson he can play in the slot and out wide and has the same intangibles that Dickson has. They are not great blockers, but they can run and catch and create mismatches.

No we did not get that big physical WR that we covet. When JJ traded to 24, I knew Bryant was going to the Cowboys. So we have Boldin, Mason, Stallworth, Reed and we will most likely bring Clayton back. He shouldn't be so bad as a 4 and a slot guy. I think Dickson and Pitta will help Flacco tremendously and right away.

All in all I'll give this Ravens draft a B+/A- . We traded back and got tremendous value as well as need.
From what it seems, Ozzie and Co were more in touch and agreement with Devin McCourty at that pick since he has the duel functionality in the special teams game.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:06 PM   #68
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
My Ravens Draft Review

Heard some talking heads say that with the length of Foxworth's contract and Webb being the "shutdown" corner of the future, picking up another cb high could cause some issues moving forward. Also, with so many corners looking good in this draft, there should be quite a few vets available to pick up. We'll see. I'll be pissed if we go into the season with just Walker or Ivy but so far I'm still optimistic.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:17 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Heard some talking heads say that with the length of Foxworth's contract and Webb being the "shutdown" corner of the future, picking up another cb high could cause some issues moving forward. Also, with so many corners looking good in this draft, there should be quite a few vets available to pick up. We'll see. I'll be pissed if we go into the season with just Walker or Ivy but so far I'm still optimistic.
Well Webb most likely is not going to be available at the beginning of the season. ACL man, there is no way. And even if he is available he's not going to be "back" nor will have have progressed in his development They must get a vet corner, and the depth is not great at all. Too many smurfs that got lit up by Ocho Cinco and other big WR's. Right now I would be afraid to face the Bengals passing attack. Bryant and Ocho would have our CB's on a platter at this point. We might generate pressure up front, but we wouldn't be able to do it every play.

Quote:
From what it seems, Ozzie and Co were more in touch and agreement with Devin McCourty at that pick since he has the duel functionality in the special teams game.
It's hard to tell actually. Wilson has the same dual functionality. Also from reports, Cam really liked Thomas, Bryant and Benn. The Ravens had a chance to take both McCourtney and Wilson and they didn't. Either way, I think we will be one of the deepest teams in the league. Right now our depth on D in the front 7 is sickening and it's not just depth, it's quality depth. On O we had no depth at TE last year, this year it will be a great position of quality depth. The OL has some depth, HB has depth. WR is decent but not great. CB is the biggest issue. There is depth but it is either smurfy or it's Frank Walker
Old 04-25-2010, 05:33 PM   #70
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EHSheadhunter09
[b][u]

Losers/Not-Winners: Jacksonville, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Miami and New York Giants...
Miami: Added onto a front seven that they have spent many of their early picks on since Parcells got into town... Safety could have been addressed earlier... Maybe another WR... Even some TE depth...
[b].
we need those players and we are already starting Odrick at RE and moving Starks to NT

Koa Misi - our gm is in love with and watched him for over and a year and
went to games to watch him live......

The safety we drafted was projected to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick....

we basically drafted 4-5 starters in this current draft i dont get how that makes us losers/not winners?

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523
Old 04-25-2010, 05:34 PM   #71
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Well Webb most likely is not going to be available at the beginning of the season. ACL man, there is no way. And even if he is available he's not going to be "back" nor will have have progressed in his development They must get a vet corner, and the depth is not great at all. Too many smurfs that got lit up by Ocho Cinco and other big WR's. Right now I would be afraid to face the Bengals passing attack. Bryant and Ocho would have our CB's on a platter at this point. We might generate pressure up front, but we wouldn't be able to do it every play.
I'm looking at it like we don't have Webb all year so I understand what you're saying. I'm just positive that they WILL sing a vet and probably two. I think the idea that they get someone for a year or two with Foxworth and Webb being the future makes sense, whether it's true or not. Ozzie said there were a couple of corner runs and unfortunately, they weren't in the middle of them and they never want to reach. Reasonable explanation for me. Now just go out and sign someone half decent and I'm satisfied.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2010, 05:46 PM   #72
MVP

Tiko7523's Arena

OVR: 14

I think my Dolphins are winners: we got nastier on defense and the offensive line.

Jared Odrick- will be our starting RE when the season starts and will move Randy Starks to NT

Koa Misi- will be a starter at OLB ( TAKE THAT JASON TAYLOR) our general manager is in love with this kid has scouted him for over a year and went to games to see him in action.

John Jerry- HUGE Guard will compete and likely be starter at LG which is next to Jake Long no one is gonna see in the left side of the field.

A.J Edds will be a ILB and coverage linebacker on passing downs ( had a lot of ints in college)

Nolan Carrol- should be our dime cornerback

Reshad Jones- steal for miami could be our starting free safety hes huge has range and is a hard hitter was projected to go around round 2 or 3.

Chris Mccoy- could be a starter or very good OLB for us rushing the passer

Austin Spitler- special teams (ILB)

We should have 4-5 starters which is awesome and amazing

i loved what the Chiefs, Raiders, Seahawks, Bucs did on draft day as well

Losers- Bills

PSN gamertag Tiko7523
Xbox Live Tag: Tiko7523

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »