Home

Tebow Jersey Sales Set New Record

This is a discussion on Tebow Jersey Sales Set New Record within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #17

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Tebow Jersey Sales Set New Record

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKAY OKAY
So what?

What would be even worse is if those fans didn't become Broncos fans when he got drafted - but decide to become Broncos fans if Tebow ends up being great.
I don't get how you say "so what?" like it's no big deal (it isn't) then proceed to give a scenario with which you say "what would be even worse".

Last edited by kehlis; 04-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJLinn
I was formerly a Florida fan until I couldn't any longer and have been a Tebow fan before he even got there, so I couldn't not get one. I plan on getting Major Wright's jersey as well.
You're still sticking with that aren't you? Why do you care what people think so much? Honestly it just makes you look worse that you're going to drop your favorite team just because someone calls you a name on a message board.

Anyway, no surprise here. Most popular/prestigious College player in quite some time gets drafted in the 1st round.. I expected a huge number in jersey sales.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #19
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
lol Jacksonville probably lost about 50% of their fan base to the Denver Broncos.

When Broncos come to Jacksonville for opening week - the whole organization should thank the Broncos for the sell out game even though the crowd will be filled with orange, blue, and white Tebow jerseys. This will probably be the 9th home game for the Broncos 75% - 25% fan ratio in Broncos favor.

It sounds ridiculous - but the fact of matter is the odds are that will be the most likely scenario.
Not a chance. The only people who would be Bronco fans would be the Gator homers who never cared about the Jaguars and would whine and cry to have him start if they ever bought tickets to a game had the Jaguars drafted Tebow in the 3rd round. Those fans are not what the team needs.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 PM   #20
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
What?

An insanely popular quarterback's jersey sells in large numbers? Hardly unheard of.
I meant that they ousted the original #15 Brandon Marshall for a guy who had #15 in college, Tim Tebow.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #21
Banned

OKAY OKAY's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniperhare
Not a chance. The only people who would be Bronco fans would be the Gator homers who never cared about the Jaguars and would whine and cry to have him start if they ever bought tickets to a game had the Jaguars drafted Tebow in the 3rd round. Those fans are not what the team needs.
I think the team "needs" as many fans as they can get.

In all seriousness though - I'm pretty sure that first home game will be filled with Broncos "fans"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 09:44 PM   #22
MVP

fugazi's Arena

OVR: 15

The real question....

If Tebow busts, will his fans sit around for years believing he will come back?

ahem.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
I think the team "needs" as many fans as they can get.

In all seriousness though - I'm pretty sure that first home game will be filled with Broncos "fans"
They probably will sell out most if not all games this year. They are finally getting businesses involved again which helps a lot.

The gator fans never buy Jags tickets. They may have bought them the first few years, but that is it. These people complain none stop about the Jags, but yet won't spend a dime on them. Most of them also have never been to a gator game. I've probably been to the swamp more times than most of them as a FSU fan. If they want to go to the Broncos game and watch Tebow hand out drinks to the starters, the Jags should make them buy seasons tickets. Don't offer single game tickets.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:09 PM   #24
Banned

OKAY OKAY's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
They probably will sell out most if not all games this year. They are finally getting businesses involved again which helps a lot.

The gator fans never buy Jags tickets. They may have bought them the first few years, but that is it. These people complain none stop about the Jags, but yet won't spend a dime on them. Most of them also have never been to a gator game. I've probably been to the swamp more times than most of them as a FSU fan. If they want to go to the Broncos game and watch Tebow hand out drinks to the starters, the Jags should make them buy seasons tickets. Don't offer single game tickets.
Tebow is a different monster. The fans will be buying tickets to see Tebow I highly doubt they're worried about their handred on Jags. If anything theyll go out to watch the game cheering for Jags lose.

Lol you're fooling yourself if you think theyll sell out almost every game.

How many was sold out last year? Colts game and what?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »