Home

So, why was Vince Young a 1st round prospect, and Tebow is a 4th-5th?

This is a discussion on So, why was Vince Young a 1st round prospect, and Tebow is a 4th-5th? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-04-2010, 04:31 AM   #57
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: So, why was Vince Young a 1st round prospect, and Tebow is a 4th-5th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
What the heck did JJLinn do to get banned?

Probably kept going on abut how Cebby somehow punked him over the internet. Soldier had that dude shook.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 05-04-2010, 10:58 AM   #58
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Wow, I am appalled you are mentioning Tebow and Young in the same sentence. Tebow is NOT a QB. Young, while he has plenty to prove, has PROVEN he is a decent QB. There is a huge difference.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #59
Banned

thelwig14's Arena

OVR: 16

We are now going to compare Tebow to Vince?

Is McCoy and Leinart next?

Please...no comparisons of two of the greatest college players ever to two of the most overrated media hype jobs. It would have taken Leinart and Young a decade to lose as many games as Tebow and McCoy did.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:45 PM   #60
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

Am I reading it right or wrong? Are you saying Tebow's college career isn't even close to comparable to Vince Young's?

Tebow had better stats & won more championships & more hesimans. The only reason Young lost more games was because he played in a weaker conference and only played for 2 years.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #61
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec

Tebow had better stats & won more championships & more hesimans. The only reason Young lost more games was because he played in a weaker conference and only played for 2 years.
Young would not have lost to the Michigan team that Tebow lost to the year he won the heisman. The victory was right there but Tebow couldnt do anything in the final few possessions of that game...just sayin. Actually, Tebow wasnt much for come from behind victories. Florida was 2-7 when behind in the 3rd quarter with Tebow as starting QB.

It's funny that you give credit to Tebow for a championship and the running game he provided Florida when he was a backup freshman, yet you ignore Young's freshman season and the running game he provided Texas. Young played 2 and a half years as starter. Tebow played 3 years as starter. Tebow did not start any games as a freshman.

anyway, they both had great college careers and are two of the best dual threat running QBs in CFB history. As far as Tebow in the NFL, there are certainly questions surrounding his ceiling in the league, but I wouldnt bet against him becoming a top caliber NFL QB.

Last edited by ZB9; 05-04-2010 at 02:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #62
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

I wasn't saying Tebow was 100% clearly the better player. But his post made it seem like they aren't even in the same league.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:36 PM   #63
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antec
I wasn't saying Tebow was 100% clearly the better player. But his post made it seem like they aren't even in the same league.

They kind of aren't. Tebow was made to look good in a Spread offense that included Percy Harvin, Riley Cooper etc etc.

Tebow has heart and a Heisman, but he is not close to being a complete NFL/NCAA QB. He couldn't even compelete a drive in the Senior Bowl. Vince Young DECIMATED one of the greatest CFB Teams ever in the USC 06' Trojans. Vince took snaps from under the center and Shotgun. Tebow rarely EVER took snaps from a Center.

Now, VY has proven himself in the Pros against elite talent. Will Tim Tebow do the same??? We shall see.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #64
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

I didn't read every post so i'm sure i'm repeating what's said

Tebow dropped for his play and practice at the Senior Bowl, he was seen in front of pro coaches his mechanics and footwork were bad so he dropped.

VY did well with his mechanics , his wonderlic was alot to be desired but overall a good prospect.

Going into the season right now all things being equal i would rather work with VY because i would need to show him the playbook.

Tebow not only has to learn the playbook , but no you have to sit and wait to see how he does in a real game sit with his mechanics. Right now he would lead the league in fumbles with his wind up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »