Home

Chris Johnson to hold out?

This is a discussion on Chris Johnson to hold out? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-06-2010, 06:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Chris Johnson to hold out?

I would give him 5 million a year with a high/low contract. Maybe 4 years for 22 million.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #18
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
EDIT: It's actually 550K
His original contract was 5 years worth 12 million, theres no way he is set to make only a few thousand above league minimum salary.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #19
#faceuary2014

ScoobySnax's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
His original contract was 5 years worth 12 million, theres no way he is set to make only a few thousand above league minimum salary.
He received the bulk of that up front. It is well documented that 550K is his salary for the 2010 season.
PSN: xxplosive1984
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/os_scoobysnax/profile
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #20
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Money that amounts to millions... likely 10's of millions if he gets what he thinks he deserves after one season.

Bottom line is any player can sign a better contract to begin with. They sign 5 year deals for security. If I'm a player who thinks I will outperform my rookie contract the way CJ was saying he would from day one, then I wouldn't have signed a deal for more than 3 years... 2 if that's allowed. Why not take that chance if you're that confident in your skills? The reason is bc you know you can cry your way out of that contract and that's BS imo.
In a sport where players get knocked out of injuries all the time? It doesn't make any sense that a player would sign for anything but security when your body is getting pounded every season, especially at a position like running back. The injury settlements are tiny compared to what these players could possibly make.

If I'm going out and destroying my body for the sake of others' entertainment in a career that will leave my body broken down years early and brain basically a hunk of cheese by the time I'm 40, I'm going to try to get everything I can while I can get it.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 05-06-2010, 10:18 PM   #21
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31

The media is making a big deal out of this. Yes he did say he wants a new contract, but he is not suspiciously absent. Dude did his own thing last year as well. Nothing that he is doing right now, meaning his day to day actions, are suspicious. The media, and possibly his agent are essentially trying to cause a beef. I can assure you guys CJ will not be holding out of training camp.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-06-2010, 10:26 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 14

When did a contract stop being a contract, he's great and all but he signed on the dotted line and it's coming to a point where runningbacks are disposable, even ones as good as Chirs Johnson. One way he could capatalize on his popularity is endorsements, I'm actually suprised I have not seen him in many commercials if any, maybe companies are scared off by the gold fronts and dreads. Does he have any ensorsements, was he even a candidate to be on the cover of madden?
Old 05-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #23
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It's the way of the world but I can never side with the athletes in these cases. If you have faith in your skills then sign a contract that makes more sense to begin with. There was no reason for him to sign a 5 year deal. The thing that bugs me about situations like this is if he ran for 500 yards this coming season, would he allow the Titans to renegotiate his contract back to being closer to what he originally signed for? Of course not.
Well said
Old 05-06-2010, 10:46 PM   #24
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
When did a contract stop being a contract, he's great and all but he signed on the dotted line and it's coming to a point where runningbacks are disposable, even ones as good as Chirs Johnson. One way he could capatalize on his popularity is endorsements, I'm actually suprised I have not seen him in many commercials if any, maybe companies are scared off by the gold fronts and dreads. Does he have any ensorsements, was he even a candidate to be on the cover of madden?
For the Madden question I doubt EA would consider another Titan so soon after Vince Young on the cover.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »