Home

Who'll have the best rookie season?

This is a discussion on Who'll have the best rookie season? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2010, 12:10 AM   #49

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Who'll have the best rookie season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
of course its tebow lol. so seriously i think ryan mathews will be set up for a good year. maybe rolando mclain on defense. spiller just doesnt have enough other weapons or offensive line to block. his speed will only get him so far. dont make him the next chris johnson yet. ted ginn was drafted strictly for the devin hester effect and that didnt work out so well.
Spiller A LOT is faster than Ginn.

I'm not saying he's devin hester(damn the bears to hell for ruining him) but, If he can dominate in the return game he won't be out of the discussion. Me personally I think he'll put up good numbers this season but, unless he makes It happen in the return game I don't see him in the discussion as the season progresses.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #50
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Going Suh for defensive.

Gonna put my homer glasses on for offense and take Jermaine Gresham. I think he will really perform well as this will be the first time Carson has had any kind of pass catcher at that spot. And I'm sure he'll be anxious to try him out.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #51
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
Going Suh for defensive.

Gonna put my homer glasses on for offense and take Jermaine Gresham. I think he will really perform well as this will be the first time Carson has had any kind of pass catcher at that spot. And I'm sure he'll be anxious to try him out.
He's a good pick. I am not sure the change from playing TE at OU to playing TE in Cincy's offense will allow him to produce quickly, but his game is tailor made for the pro game. I thought he was one of the best picks in the draft.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2010, 02:36 AM   #52
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
He's a good pick. I am not sure the change from playing TE at OU to playing TE in Cincy's offense will allow him to produce quickly, but his game is tailor made for the pro game. I thought he was one of the best picks in the draft.
My only concern for him will be if he can stay on the field for 3 downs. I don't know if Marvin trusts his blocking enough. And thats a huge thing now that the Bengals have turned into a power running team.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 05-17-2010, 02:40 PM   #53
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
Going Suh for defensive.

Gresham should end up being a quality pick but there's practically no way he wins OROY. The only way I see that award going to a TE is if they put up Moss-like rookie numbers with the entire offense running through them. I don't think he's that good, don't think Palmer's the type of QBs that will have blinders for one player (let alone his rookie TE), and don't think Ocho Cinco or Bryant would be happy about the rookie TE getting that much love.
Old 05-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #54

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Gresham should end up being a quality pick but there's practically no way he wins OROY. The only way I see that award going to a TE is if they put up Moss-like rookie numbers with the entire offense running through them. I don't think he's that good, don't think Palmer's the type of QBs that will have blinders for one player (let alone his rookie TE), and don't think Ocho Cinco or Bryant would be happy about the rookie TE getting that much love.
That is exactly what I was thinking. If It's hard for rookie WR's to make some noise I can't imagine how hard it is for the TE's to do work.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #55
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

LOL @ the Demaryious Thomas picks.

Anybody that's seen CFB knows Decker is way more of a receiver than Thomas is; with the triple-option GT ran there was usually single coverage on Thomas (hence his 25 ypc average last year). I fully believe Decker will have much more success in the NFL.

Last edited by Speedy; 05-17-2010 at 04:09 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2010, 06:40 PM   #56
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
LOL @ the Demaryious Thomas picks.

Anybody that's seen CFB knows Decker is way more of a receiver than Thomas is; with the triple-option GT ran there was usually single coverage on Thomas (hence his 25 ypc average last year). I fully believe Decker will have much more success in the NFL.
I agree, but that's if he can bounce back from the ankle injury. Over time, I think Thomas will get the feel of a real passing game. Early on, yeah I'll take Decker over him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »