Home

Who'll have the best rookie season?

This is a discussion on Who'll have the best rookie season? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2010, 09:22 PM   #57
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Who'll have the best rookie season?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Gresham should end up being a quality pick but there's practically no way he wins OROY. The only way I see that award going to a TE is if they put up Moss-like rookie numbers with the entire offense running through them. I don't think he's that good, don't think Palmer's the type of QBs that will have blinders for one player (let alone his rookie TE), and don't think Ocho Cinco or Bryant would be happy about the rookie TE getting that much love.
The thread said who will have the best rookie season. He could have the best rookie season and not win OROY. I think he will be quite good this season, and really I don't see anyone else thats going to be that dominant offensively in this draft.

I see him having as good of shot as anyone else unless one of the QB's have a good year.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 05-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #58

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
The thread said who will have the best rookie season. He could have the best rookie season and not win OROY. I think he will be quite good this season, and really I don't see anyone else thats going to be that dominant offensively in this draft.

I see him having as good of shot as anyone else unless one of the QB's have a good year.
How can he have the best rookie season and not win the award for OROY?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:40 PM   #59
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:

Valid point but one usually reserved for left tackles. TEs produce the big stats that voters use to pick a winner. Unless you think he'll block like an OT along with his "normal" stats, I don't see how there's much of a difference. All in all, I think you're expecting too much from him. I remember the hype Heath Miller got coming into the league. I'd say he's lived up to his expectations but compared to what you're expecting from Gresham he'd be considered a bust.

The Cincy offense will be 1)Benson, 2)85, 3)Bryant, 4)rookie TE. I just can't see how he'll have the opportunity to do what you're expecting. Meanwhile, somebody like Matthews will have every chance in the world to put up great numbers.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:44 PM   #60
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
How can he have the best rookie season and not win the award for OROY?
Easy. Not being in a marquee position.

Every year the award has ever been given out its been given to either a QB, RB, or WR. I guarantee you there has been numerous OL or even TE's that have had greater seasons and not been give the award because of the position they play.

Here is the number of awards won by position.

RB-31
QB-3
WR-8

Old 05-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #61

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Easy. Not being in a marquee position.

Every year the award has ever been given out its been given to either a QB, RB, or WR. I guarantee you there has been numerous OL or even TE's that have had greater seasons and not been give the award because of the position they play.

Here is the number of awards won by position.

RB-31
QB-3
WR-8
Oh ok I understand what your saying now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-17-2010, 09:49 PM   #62
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Valid point but one usually reserved for left tackles. TEs produce the big stats that voters use to pick a winner. Unless you think he'll block like an OT along with his "normal" stats, I don't see how there's much of a difference. All in all, I think you're expecting too much from him. I remember the hype Heath Miller got coming into the league. I'd say he's lived up to his expectations but compared to what you're expecting from Gresham he'd be considered a bust.

The Cincy offense will be 1)Benson, 2)85, 3)Bryant, 4)rookie TE. I just can't see how he'll have the opportunity to do what you're expecting. Meanwhile, somebody like Matthews will have every chance in the world to put up great numbers.
I'm not expecting Gresham to be a world beater. Matthews more than likely will win rookie of the year because he is a running back and will put up the numbers. But I think Gresham will make this Cincy team a whole lot better, he just won't receive the accolades that people who vote for these awards look for.

If the thread said who will win OROY. I would have said Matthews without a doubt.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:03 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
LOL @ the Demaryious Thomas picks.

Anybody that's seen CFB knows Decker is way more of a receiver than Thomas is; with the triple-option GT ran there was usually single coverage on Thomas (hence his 25 ypc average last year). I fully believe Decker will have much more success in the NFL.
Yea, cuz all of the teams running the option have their receivers putting up those same numbers.....he's just another product of the system. Dwyer is too, while we're at it. Just a buncha overrated chops who are products of their system...

I love the bolded part about "anybody that's seen cfb". I laughed out loud at the irony.

Offensive ROY: Jahvid Best
Defensive ROY: Derrick Morgan (homer pick)
Old 05-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #64
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Yeah Im going for a Lions sweep(the only one they have a chance at)

Suh DROY
Best OROY

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-19-2010 at 05:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »