Home

Breakout Players

This is a discussion on Breakout Players within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 03:01 AM   #65
Banned

OVR: 22
Re: Breakout Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
I would say 09 was Finley's breakout year. He's already earned recognition. He just has to continue it.

O-lineman never breakout, in my opinion. They become consistent, reliable blockers over time. It's such a hard position to say "he broke out."

Brad Jones would be most exciting to have breakout. Linebacker is definitely the weakest link on our defense.

My pick wishful pick would be Jordy Nelson. Driver is going to slowly start to show his age. He stays in such top shape, but it's going to happen. And I want Jordy to be the guy who steps up, opposed to James Jones. Not that I have anything against Jones, I just like Jordy.

But I would bet on BJ Raji being the breakout player. Especially with Jolly in limbo, he'll be ready to go.
All this would be a moot point had TT drafted DeSean Jackson instead of Jordy. SMH what an idiot, we can't fire him soon enough, I hate TT with every inch of my body.

Last edited by GreenReign86; 06-07-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 06:28 AM   #66
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenReign86
All this would be a moot point had TT drafted DeSean Jackson instead of Jordy. SMH what an idiot, we can't fire him soon enough, I hate TT with every inch of my body.

Go back and look at the Sherman drafts compared to the TT drafts and tell me you hate TT. Sherman drafted a few play makers but we had guys who should have been backups starting(Bill Schroeder) and had no depth what so ever. TT is the exact kind of GM needed to fix this team after Sherman gutted it. I don't understand the level of hatred for TT when you look at the talent level of this team built by TT.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:55 AM   #67
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Would you rather we go back to the days of handing out bad contracts to old. past their prime players only for them to get hurt half way into the season?
Old 06-07-2010, 11:04 AM   #68
Pro

SuperChargers's Arena

OVR: 10

I will also throw in Chad Henne to my watch list. If he just had more weapons last season they would have been good. Now they have B. Marshall who I think is a top 3 receiver. This team might surprise some people. That division, on paper anyways, is stacked with talent.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:17 PM   #69
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Would you rather we go back to the days of handing out bad contracts to old. past their prime players only for them to get hurt half way into the season?
Who has TT ever drafted in the 1st round that was any good other then Rodgers, and Matthews? Justin Harrell anyone? What a waste of a pick that was, Hawk is looking more and more like a bust each year too. The book is still out on Raji as well. I just hate TT's refusal to sign anyone in free agency. I mean a simple backup DE would do, but he doesn't sign ANYONE. Don't even get me started on the Brett favre situation, cause we'd be here all day. Sure it's turned out great for us, but that was no way to treat a legend, just a disgrace. Also, how can you not draft a CB at all this draft? And pass up on a guy like Jerry Hughes? Last time we took a OL in the 1st round the next three picks were Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Dieon Sanders so you see why I hate taking OL in the 1st round. And he was a bust.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:12 PM   #70
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

LOL. That's all I can say at point.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:52 PM   #71
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Who has TT ever drafted in the 1st round that was any good other then Rodgers, and Matthews? Justin Harrell anyone? What a waste of a pick that was, Hawk is looking more and more like a bust each year too. The book is still out on Raji as well. I just hate TT's refusal to sign anyone in free agency. I mean a simple backup DE would do, but he doesn't sign ANYONE. Don't even get me started on the Brett favre situation, cause we'd be here all day. Sure it's turned out great for us, but that was no way to treat a legend, just a disgrace. Also, how can you not draft a CB at all this draft? And pass up on a guy like Jerry Hughes? Last time we took a OL in the 1st round the next three picks were Barry Sanders, Derrick Thomas, and Dieon Sanders so you see why I hate taking OL in the 1st round. And he was a bust.
You have got to get the hell out of the past.

TT is responsible for Woodson, Rodgers, Matthews, Collins, Pickett(who was stellar last season), and Ryan Grant... just to name a few.

The man has a nose for talent. Just because we dont run out and sell the house to acquire big name talent each summer, doesn't mean we dont continue to build our team. You just do a terrible job of following TT's moves.

Harrell was a bust, and Hawk has been a little disappointing, especially more recently. But do you honestly think that every NFL GM has an ace draft year after year?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2010, 10:43 PM   #72
Banned

And how well has the Woodson and Pickett signings panned out? Pretty damn good. Yet for some reason -- even though he has had success with the FA's he has signed -- he still refuses to sign any FA's to fill a position of need. I'm not saying go out and throw $100M at a guy, all I'm asking for is a league average or slightly above average player to fill glearing holes. Darren Sharper would have been a great fit to replace the always injured Bigby. I just can not stand TT mainly because his drafts to baffle me at times. Sure he has gotten lucky on a few players here and there, but to trade down out of the 1st round and then make Jordy Nelson your 1st pick of the draft over a guy like DeSean Jackson? That's where he lost me.I would much rather have Polian, or some other guy as our GM, we can not win a SB when we have the youngest team every single season, that is his philosophy and it isn't going to work. Also, the Mike Neal drafting in the 2nd round was just horrible flat out horrible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »