Home

People hate Ochocinco

This is a discussion on People hate Ochocinco within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2010, 10:04 PM   #1
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
People hate Ochocinco

And I get it, I really do. I mean, the guy likes to have fun, he takes random fans on shopping sprees at the mall, and he does crap like donate tons of money to various charities. Well, as if all that wasn't enough, that ******* is at it again:
Clicky

Quote:
Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chad Ochocinco(notes), formerly Chad Johnson, may have a slight strain of the diva receiver characteristic, but there's a humanity that has always separated him from the Keyshawns and T.O.s of the world. You get the sense that when he struggles, it's more about finding his way and when he showboats, it's more about entertaining than a driving need to be obnoxious. If anyone doubted the true nature of the man, the video you're about to see, which was shot at the third annual gala fundraiser for the Children Mending Hearts organization in Hollywood, CA, should take care of that.

Nine-year-old Ruben St. Hilaire, Jr, who lives with this mother in a homeless shelter in New York City, received an autographed jersey from Ochocinco after sending a letter. He then sent a second letter that would have melted the heart of the hardest individual.

Mr. Johnson, you really make me happy. One of my goals in my future life is to be just like you when I grow up. I wonder who was your role model when you were little? I have three role model(s) in my life that's my mom, Mr. President Barack Obama and my favorite football player Mr. Chad Johnson. To me you are the best football player in the NFL. May God bless you and your family happy holidays.

Ruben's dream was to go to a football camp, and that particular prize was donated by Deion Sanders. Presenting the certificate for camp attendance, unbeknownst to Ruben, would be the very same Mr. Ochocinco. Ruben's hero was introduced after the young boy read his letter. Bonus - it was Ruben's birthday! Rich Eisen of the NFL Network set the scene at the podium, and what followed was a pretty great moment.

If that wasn't amazing enough. Ochocinco then led the crowd in a verse of "Happy Birthday" for his biggest fan. It was an amazing day for Ruben St. Hilaire, Jr, and probably a pretty special for Chad Ochocinco, as well.
What a douchebag.

seriously though, People who hate Ochocinco don't know how to live a little. I love the guy.

@AdamdotH

Last edited by Watson; 05-31-2010 at 10:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 10:07 PM   #2
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: People hate Ochocinco

He is such a bad person, why did he have to go out of his way to ruin this innocent kids life?
Old 05-31-2010, 10:14 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 10

I love him as a person and a football player. Their was a time I dint like him but once he challenged Michael Phelps to a swim contest and reading all the stuff on him I became a fan of his.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:29 PM   #4

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Its funny you mention this because I saw the story on this yesterday and, even though he did a great thing, people were saying he should have bought the family a house to stay in instead of giving him a trip to a football camp. Im somewhat torn on the issue as its hard to hold anything against someone when they are going above and beyond when they clearly didnt have to but at the same time, their homeless, going to a football camp is great for the kid but does nothing long term.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:32 PM   #5

The Chef's Arena

http://assets.delvenetworks.com/NFL_...09582f46cde81e

Thats a link to the video for anyone who wants to watch it. Unfortunately I cant get the damn thing to embed because NFL.com protects their **** like its gold at Fort Knox apparently so this is the best I could do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2010, 10:37 PM   #6
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Its funny you mention this because I saw the story on this yesterday and, even though he did a great thing, people were saying he should have bought the family a house to stay in instead of giving him a trip to a football camp. Im somewhat torn on the issue as its hard to hold anything against someone when they are going above and beyond when they clearly didnt have to but at the same time, their homeless, going to a football camp is great for the kid but does nothing long term.
I understand what you are saying. But the people who knock him for. It buying a house kill me. He buys the house the mother is still jobless. Who pays the property taxes, water bill, electricity etc. Is Chad suppose to pay that stuff to? I think people who are knocking him about buying a house (not you chef) are just being silly and would rather say that give Chad his due for a genuine caring act.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 05-31-2010, 11:10 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 26

What a disgusting man. Who would do such a thing?

No really though the man is a legend to me. He is what every football player should be. Good on him.
Old 06-01-2010, 12:32 AM   #8

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I understand what you are saying. But the people who knock him for. It buying a house kill me. He buys the house the mother is still jobless. Who pays the property taxes, water bill, electricity etc. Is Chad suppose to pay that stuff to? I think people who are knocking him about buying a house (not you chef) are just being silly and would rather say that give Chad his due for a genuine caring act.
All valid points, I guess at the end of the day the only real, long term solution would be to help them purchase or rent a home and set the Mom up with a long term job.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »