Home

Team Rankings by Steve Wyche

This is a discussion on Team Rankings by Steve Wyche within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2010, 07:02 PM   #17
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Team Rankings by Steve Wyche

How much stock do you guys really put into a pre-season rankings list? It's all opinion. And that's literally it.

Old 06-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #18
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't see anything too out of line. I would tweak some teams a few spots up or down here and there but it isn't as ridiculous as you guys are making it out to be.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:30 PM   #19
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Well, last year I remember saying "look out for the Saints this year" and many laughed. Same with the Steelers the year before (maybe I should start making these lists, lol). The thing about the NFL is so many things can change with teams in and out of the playoffs and who's at the top. The biggest problem with this list is that he added reasons that are questionable at best for many of them. If they end up being close to correct I highly doubt it'll be for the reasons he listed, but can't really say anything is a stretch at this point. There's a certain poster around here that claimed the Bengals would sweep the Ravens and Steelers and win their division last year.
I thought lilbently was crazy lol. Although he missed on the Superbowl pick.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 06-08-2010, 03:51 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 51

Well IMO this list is fairly accurate, the saints are SB champs, and were 13-0, but remember some of the teams they played last season were horrible.

However these are preseason rankings without injurys, free agent failures, ect.

For example last year everyone thought the patriots would be incredible with guys like Galloway. Well he was a complete failure.

Could be the same way with Burleson, ect. You just never know how the locker room will be, injurys will be, unexpected cuts( jeff Garcia oakland ), FA Failures( Galloway ), ect.

But as of now those are pritty realistic, however the chargers should be number 5 at the best. I mean who knows how mathews will do, he could be the next maroney for all we know, or he could be the next LT. Who knows how their oline will hold, they have no DT. Marrieman wants a new deal. Jackson will probaly be suspended. So as of now give the chargers a 9 imo.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:50 AM   #21
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
I thought lilbently was crazy lol. Although he missed on the Superbowl pick.
I thought he was crazy too. Gotta give him a pass on the SB pick. Definitely a case of 1 out 2 ain't bad.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #22
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
lmao at the Saints being 8 after winning 13 straight games last year, being top of the league in turnovers for most of the year until the last couple weeks, being number 1 offense, and winning a little thing called the Superbowl by double digits, plus keeping the whole team intact(except Mike Bell and Scott Fujita). What's even more hilarious is that the Chargers are number 1 because of a rookie running back and an easy early schedule. I guess he hasn't watched the Chargers play the last couple of years.
Not sure why your panties are in a bunch...this is the NFL, not college football. The Saints could be ranked last and it wouldn't matter.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:27 PM   #23
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotsk1d
Well IMO this list is fairly accurate, the saints are SB champs, and were 13-0, but remember some of the teams they played last season were horrible.

However these are preseason rankings without injurys, free agent failures, ect.

For example last year everyone thought the patriots would be incredible with guys like Galloway. Well he was a complete failure.

Could be the same way with Burleson, ect. You just never know how the locker room will be, injurys will be, unexpected cuts( jeff Garcia oakland ), FA Failures( Galloway ), ect.

But as of now those are pritty realistic, however the chargers should be number 5 at the best. I mean who knows how mathews will do, he could be the next maroney for all we know, or he could be the next LT. Who knows how their oline will hold, they have no DT. Marrieman wants a new deal. Jackson will probaly be suspended. So as of now give the chargers a 9 imo.
If there as "realistic" as you say, then there's no reason for this guy to not have the Saints number 1 since they are the DEFENDING Champs until proven otherwise.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #24
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
If there as "realistic" as you say, then there's no reason for this guy to not have the Saints number 1 since they are the DEFENDING Champs until proven otherwise.

I don't agree. Was the point to predict where the teams will be at the end of the season, or where they rank right now. I thought he was making predictions of where they will be at the end of the year. In that case, he thinks the Saints won't be the Super Bowl champs next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »