Home

Predictions for the upcoming season

This is a discussion on Predictions for the upcoming season within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #9

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Predictions for the upcoming season

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I don't trust that many egos on one team and for that reason, I don't think the Jets make it back to the AFC Title Game. I'd probably still go with the Pats to win that Division again.
And by Pats you mean Dolphins right?
Old 06-13-2010, 10:32 PM   #10
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

I'm going with the Titans to make a big bang this year. With VY back in the line-up and Chris Johnson in the back field, anything is possible. As long as VY doesn't screw up off the field like he did this weekend, and our Defense stays healthy, I think we can be an Elite team if all stays the same as the final 8 games of last season.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #11
MVP

shnuskis's Arena

OVR: 17

I think the Pats finish behind the Jets and Dolphins this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 02:29 AM   #12
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

i like Green Bay alot in the NFC. i can see them making the big game with some improved Oline play and decent D. i can picture a GB-BAL superbowl.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:35 AM   #13
Rookie

Shawnj86's Arena

OVR: 16

I disagree with your MVP and SB predictions
Packers imo are not there yet
Aaron Rodgers dose put up good numbers but he's not great to me
Old 06-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #14
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnj86
I disagree with your MVP and SB predictions
Packers imo are not there yet
Aaron Rodgers dose put up good numbers but he's not great to me
Not to turn this into yet another Packers thread (damn there's been a lot of them lately), but I'm going to.

What do you have to do to be "there"? They went 11-5 last year. They're obviously in the mix. I'm not picking them because I still think Minnesota's better, but I'd be hard pressed to name 2 or 3 teams other than Minnesota that are better than them in the NFC. Explosive offense, pretty decent defense that's better than that Cardinals game last year. I forget what the stats were, but I think we finished the year as a top 5 defense. They're a pretty damn good team, and the NFC feels weak this year.

And exactly what does Aaron Rodgers have to do to be great? 8472 yards, 58 TDs to only 20 INTs isn't great? He's in that upper echelon of QB's in the NFL.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-16-2010, 09:25 PM   #15
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

As a chargers fan this season will be a huge step back for us now that AJ "My ego is bigger then the organization" Smith has decide that we are a better team without our 2-time pro bowl LT Marcus McNeil and our pro bowl WR Vincent Jackson.

A receiver can placed but its hard to replace a 2-time pro bowl LT. He protects Rivers backside and you can't just let them go. What makes it worse is that they are bot young
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2010, 10:09 PM   #16
six
Banned

OVR: 6

Way too early for one of these threads but eh...I'll take a stupid stab at it lol.

AFC East Champ: Jets, great D, improved offense, I like them with Sanchez and LT is a nice addition, and as much as I hate the fat man, Ryan can coach.

AFC North Champ: I gotta go with the Ravens, although I hate them. Boldin is a nice addition, and with goofy Big Ben's issues and me just not having faith in Cincy winning the division two years in a row...this is the safe pick here.

AFC South Champ: Colts...I'm a Titans fan, but they always win the division and nothing will change this year most likely.

AFC West Champ: Chargers...pathetic division, it's theirs by default IMO until someone else realizes they are in the NFL and not D-3 college football in that division.

NFC East Champ: Cowboys. They are due, way too talented to not win the division this year, not even Romo can mess this one up.

NFC North Champ: Vikings. They win the division in a tiebreaker over the Packers, great race, but Favre's experience gets them the division in the end.

NFC South Champ: Saints...defending champs, no major losses, they will do well again this year.

NFC West Champs: Toughest division for me to pick other than NFC North...uh...I'll go with the Seahawks I guess...don't ask me why, crazy pick I know but if Hasslebeck can stay healthy...and I like what they did in the draft. Arizona would probably be more logical here but I don't trust pretty boy Leinart to do well replacing Warner.

AFC Byes: Colts, Jets.

3 seed Ravens
4 seed Charges
Wildcat/5 seed Patriots
Wildcard/6 seed Texans or Steelers, idk, and it won't matter, neither is beating the Ravens in Baltimore lol

NFC Byes: Cowboys, Saints.

3 seed, Vikings
4 seed, Seahawks
5 seed Packers
6 seed Giants

Wildcard Round:

Ravens over Texans/Steelers
Chargers over Patriots

Packers big over Seahawks
Vikings over Giants

Divisional round

Cowboys over Packers