Home

Predictions for the upcoming season

This is a discussion on Predictions for the upcoming season within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #25
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Predictions for the upcoming season

NFC EAST DIVISION CHAMPS- Cowboys

NFC WEST - 49ers

NFC South - Saints

NFC North - Vikings ( only if Favre returns if NOt THe PACKERS

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP - SAints VS Cowboys - SAINTS WIN

AFC EAST DIV CHAMPS- PAtriots ( dont think Sanchez is ready yet)
AFC West Chargers
AFC North RAvens
AFC South Texans ( long Shot)

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP - PAtriots vs RAvens - RAven Win

Super Bowl- Saints vs ravens - RAvens Win ( yeah right lol) who knows..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2010, 11:18 AM   #26
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
NFC EAST DIVISION CHAMPS- Cowboys

NFC WEST - 49ers

NFC South - Saints

NFC North - Vikings ( only if Favre returns if NOt THe PACKERS

NFC CHAMPIONSHIP - SAints VS Cowboys - SAINTS WIN

AFC EAST DIV CHAMPS- PAtriots ( dont think Sanchez is ready yet)
AFC West Chargers
AFC North RAvens
AFC South Texans ( long Shot)

AFC CHAMPIONSHIP - PAtriots vs RAvens - RAven Win

Super Bowl- Saints vs ravens - RAvens Win ( yeah right lol) who knows..
You think thats whack? I'll bet you the Raiders make the AFC Championship game.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:29 AM   #27
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

You know I never understand why people don't realize that change is happening until it happens, as far as picks go. I'm seeing people say the Chargers will win the AFC west by default, even though Oakland is much improved, even though KC is much improved and even though the Chargers, between trades, FA, and contract disagreements, have either lost or upset most of their playmakers. Now if you think the Chargers will still win the division that's your opinion, but why would someone say they will win it by default when they have gotten worse talent wise, while 2 other teams in the division has gotten better?

I'm seeing people say Chris Johnson for MVP even though, historically, when someone rushes for over 2000 yds, they have had a mediocre season the next year. Not to mention, he will probably hold out for at least 1 or 2 games.

I'm seeing people pick the Jets even though they have a lot of new players on the team. It's very possible that they won't mesh and be worst this year than they were last year. Ask the 2000 Redskins about that, they'll tell you it can happen.....easily.

Everyone knows there are surprises every year, but if you look back at the offseason, most of the time, it shouldn't have been a surprise. Oakland could be a surprise team this year. Seattle could be a surprise team this year. KC could be a surprise team this year. Detroit could be a surprise team this year. Look at the offseason moves before you make your predictions. You can't just say well the Jets got to the AFC championship game and they picked up a whole bunch of people so they are going to the Superbowl now. You don't know how those characters will mesh together. Personally I never understood why teams do that. If your team was good enough to get to the Championship game, why not keep the team together. Maybe add 1 or 2 players that you think will help you get better, but no need to bring in a whole gaggle of new players.

Anyway, I got that off my chest so here are my predictions.

AFC
East - Dolphins
North - Ravens
South - Colts
West - Raiders

NFC
East - Cowboys
North - Packers(If Favre plays - Vikings)
South - Falcons
West - Seahawks

Explanation of the Raiders pick winning the AFC West - I know some of you are going to see that and say that I'm being a homer. Hear me out: Actually I had the Chiefs there at first because I think one of those 2 will win the AFC West this year. Mark my words, the Chargers will not win the West this year. You can quote me on that. So why did I pick the Raiders? Last year the Raiders had the one of the worst QB in NFL history. He was so bad he made Bruce Gradkowski look like a great QB lol. To go with that, we had a very young WR core. Even with that, the Raiders won 2 games against playoff teams(Bengals and Eagles) and later on in the season they played tough against some very stiff opponents. Change our QB to a half decent QB and one more year for our very young WR core and we should be very much improved on offense. The defense held it's on in the first half of every game except the Jets game and the Giants game. Ultimately the anemic offense did us in. Anyway, add that to the fact that the Chargers will take a step back this year and that's why I picked the Raiders to win the West. I was really torn between the Raiders and the Chiefs, but I decided to go with the Raiders.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #28
MVP

FunNgun034's Arena

OVR: 20

its possibilty .. I Just dont think Tomn Cable has waht it takes.. Heward Bey need to show up.. Rolando McClain may help.. I see the raiders making the playfoffs next year.. San Diego wil be the winner of the west
Old 06-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #29
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunNgun034
its possibilty .. I Just dont think Tomn Cable has waht it takes.. Heward Bey need to show up.. Rolando McClain may help.. I see the raiders making the playfoffs next year.. San Diego wil be the winner of the west
I think Jamie Dukes said it best when he said he doesn't think the Tom Cable has been the problem because the Raiders aren't getting the stupid penalties and making the stupid mistakes. Also, the Raiders brought in Hue Jackson from the Ravens to call the plays on offense so that should definitely allow Cable to focus more on the team overall. Heyward-Bey was outstanding at mini camp and McClain has already assumed a leadership role on that defense. Hey, I'm not the only one that thinks it is possible for the Raiders to win the division:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/O...eview-campbell

Quote:
Heyward-Bey himself has been the subject of extensive positive chatter out of Oakland this spring. After being selected seventh overall and three picks before fellow Bay Area wideout Michael Crabtree, Heyward-Bey struggled to find his place in the lineup and caught only nine balls in 11 games as a rookie. He was the butt of more than a few hackneyed Raiders jokes around the NFL.

This season, though, he’s expected to make great strides. Thus far in offseason workouts, he has been lighting it up. Wearing a new number (85) and sporting what appear to be very different hands than the ones he used last season, Heyward-Bey — referred to as “DHB” by San Jose Mercury Star Raiders beat reporter Tim Kawakami — has been an absolute stud.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #30
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

I don't see how the Chargers got all that much worse. Ryan Mathews is an upgrade over what's left of LT, I would think. And last I checked Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, and Vincent Jackson are still there.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 06-21-2010, 12:31 PM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
I don't see how the Chargers got all that much worse. Ryan Mathews is an upgrade over what's left of LT, I would think. And last I checked Philip Rivers, Antonio Gates, and Vincent Jackson are still there.
A lot of LT's problems (and the running game in general) ahd to do with that HUGE hole in the middle of the oline when the center went down to injury. On the same note, it looks like their all pro left tackle isn't going to be playing for some time, which will hurt Matthews and Rivers. Vincent Jackson is also likely to hold out and get suspended.

We'll see what comes of it all, but the signs are pointing to them having a drop off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2010, 12:45 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 46

I think cowboys win the NFC. I think packers will play vikings in the playoffs and the vikings will win but will lose to the cowboys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »