Home

Pro Bowl QB + Average Line/Pro Bowl Line + Average QB

This is a discussion on Pro Bowl QB + Average Line/Pro Bowl Line + Average QB within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #9
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Pro Bowl QB + Average Line/Pro Bowl Line + Average QB

Give me an All Pro OL any day of the week. If you can give your QB time to throw and open lanes for your RBs there is nothing that a defense can do to stop you.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Ok, I'll play advocate. (normally I go All pro line 1st 10 times outta 10).

Give me the Pro Bowl QB and average line. I say w/ a pro bowl QB he'll have a good arm and some mobility. W/ the mobility he'll be able to elude the rush to buy himself and the play more time. He'll also have the release to help negate the rush. The defense will already play back b/c of fear of letting the QB beat them over the top, their fear will take the 8th defender out of the box and help open things up for the run game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 06-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #11
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

Yeah I think you can have pretty good success with a pro bowl line and an average QB. A big missing ingredient in this is the run game. A run game is an average QB's best friend because it opens up the passing game so much. If you have an average run game and an average QB, it'll be tough to win even if the offensive line is giving the players all the time in the world. You still need players (HB's and QB's in this example) to execute the moves that have been opened up to them by an exceptional line.

As long as the average QB isn't giving away games, then I think you're giving yourself a pretty good chance to win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
Ok, I'll play advocate. (normally I go All pro line 1st 10 times outta 10).

Give me the Pro Bowl QB and average line. I say w/ a pro bowl QB he'll have a good arm and some mobility. W/ the mobility he'll be able to elude the rush to buy himself and the play more time. He'll also have the release to help negate the rush. The defense will already play back b/c of fear of letting the QB beat them over the top, their fear will take the 8th defender out of the box and help open things up for the run game.
I know you were playing Devil's advocate but that whole scenario depends on QB mobility which is not guaranteed in a Pro Bowl QB and even at that is asking for durability for the punishment he's gonna take loading the team up on his shoulders.

Lotta "if's" in that scenaio.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:25 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
A good QB and a defense is probably the best way to build a team nowadays, but Pro Bowl Line+Average QB was basically Joe Gibbs' Redskins back in the day. You probably won't win a Super Bowl with just an average QB. There are exceptions, but the vast majority of Super Bowl teams had good QBs or at least QBs who could occasionally win a game by themselves.
The vast majority of those SB QBs had pro bowl lines too. The exception I can think of is PIT who had a historic defense.
Old 06-24-2010, 12:48 PM   #14
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Give me the Pro Bowl QB + Average Line

In the NFL, it's really hard to find a Pro Bowl QB. Building a line is work within itself BUT if you got a good staff along with a bright GM, building a line should be ok. A pro bowl QB is a crap shoot. Sometimes, even the best football minds cannot nab a pro bowl QB. It's not impossible to get a pro bowl QB BUT in some cases you might have to get lucky.

I've had a similar discussion before on this board with a couple of Bears fans and others who chimed in. BUT I'll reiterate, you do need a better than average line to win the SB. Average lines don't win you the Lombardi trophy. However, average QB's don't win you multiple SB's either. They may win you one, but that's about it.

In a nutshell, if you want to win NOW then you go with the Average QB+Pro Bowl Line. If your looking ahead to start a dynasty then you'd go with the Pro Bowl QB+Average Line. I want to win more than one SB so I'm going with the first.
Old 06-24-2010, 02:39 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

Pro Bowl line every time. With a great line, you can have a great running game making it even easier on an average QB to have success.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »