Home

Sanchez or Henne?

This is a discussion on Sanchez or Henne? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which QB would you take?
Sanchez 36 45.00%
Henne 44 55.00%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2010, 07:41 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Sanchez or Henne?

I'm biased clearly, but I'd take Henne. With a bottom 10 defense, no real #1 WR, and his best weapon missing for most of the season, he did pretty well and kept us in a lot of games that we had no business competing in. He won his share of games with clutch fourth quarter play and stirring comebacks. Both Jets games came down to him driving on an awesome defense and he got the job done with veteran poise. Now that he's got a real go to WR, I think he'll put up much better numbers.

Sanchez plays way too aggressive for a guy on a team with the best defense and running game in the league. He reminds me a lot of a young Brett Favre without the all time great arm. He really seemed to have trouble grasping his role on the Jets. He did not have to go out and keep his team in games with his arm, but he'd have a game every few weeks where he'd just try to do too much and ended up costing his team games. Mostly because of his good team, Sanchez didn't have any real signature drives late in games where he won it for his team, but he played well for a rookie in the playoffs.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:29 AM   #10
Rookie

warrior7807's Arena

OVR: 7

Henne because he did more with less. Also was less of a game manager like Sanchez was, had more of a playbook and worked with the whole field rather than half the field like sanchez. yes he was a rook, and i do believe he has what it takes to be a solid starter, i see more in henne. Both guys have better WR this year, so we should be able to paint a better picture this year.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Mark Sanchez
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2010, 08:46 AM   #12
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrior7807
Henne because he did more with less. Also was less of a game manager like Sanchez was, had more of a playbook and worked with the whole field rather than half the field like sanchez. yes he was a rook, and i do believe he has what it takes to be a solid starter, i see more in henne. Both guys have better WR this year, so we should be able to paint a better picture this year.
I agree he did more with less but I think Sanchez has a higher ceiling then Henne. I could be wrong, but I think Sanchez will continue to improve this year while Henne will level out. Just my opinion.

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Old 06-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #13

Marino's Arena

OVR: 55

I will agree and disagree with Aggies. I think Sanchez has a higher ceiling but I want to see how Henne performs with an actual #1 receiver first. I think both will be good and the division will be NY vs MIA for the next couple of years as I see NE falling off and Buffalo is garbage
Old 06-29-2010, 05:00 PM   #14
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I would say Sanchez. He had a rough start as a rookie. But I think he will be better this year and will get even better year after year.
Old 06-29-2010, 05:03 PM   #15
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
This season I'd take Henne. However, for the long haul I'd probably go with Sanchez.
That's my answer as well. I like Henne better for this year, but I think Sanchez has more upside.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2010, 01:04 PM   #16
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I'm looking forward to seeing what Henne can do with some threats in his receiving corps this year. Too early to tell though, at this point they're even to me.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »