Home

Are there any QBs more overrated than Tony Romo?

This is a discussion on Are there any QBs more overrated than Tony Romo? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #25
RF

TheMatrix31's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Are there any QBs more overrated than Tony Romo?

Matt Schaub? Overrated? Jesus.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #26
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatrix31
Matt Schaub? Overrated? Jesus.
Yeah how is he overrated? Despite putting up prolific numbers no one ever talks about him.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:44 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Oh I know who he is/was, just stating why does his opinion matter?

As for Romo, I like the guy. I mean, he's the best thing we've had since Troy Aikman and most teams would kill to have a steady, stable signal caller on their roster like Romo.
Not saying much. What above average QB have you had since then? Quincy Carter? Chad Hutchinson? Vinny Testaverde? Drew Henson? Anthony Wright? Drew Bledsoe?
Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 51

I mean I like romo, but I would take at least 10 qb's currently in the nfl before I took him.

I mean hes one 1 playoff game in 3 years of starting, and has had a good T.O. for 2 of those years.

And for those who think bradys overated and their line was underated I disagree.

Their line was not as good as they were in their 3rd superbowl, and brady has like 22 4th quarter comebacks in his carear. As well as 50 td's in a season. And last season he played pritty well considering a seperated shoulder, broken ribs, and a dislocated thinger for half of the season.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:06 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastsofboston
I mean I like romo, but I would take at least 10 qb's currently in the nfl before I took him.

I mean hes one 1 playoff game in 3 years of starting, and has had a good T.O. for 2 of those years.

And for those who think bradys overated and their line was underated I disagree.

Their line was not as good as they were in their 3rd superbowl, and brady has like 22 4th quarter comebacks in his carear. As well as 50 td's in a season. And last season he played pritty well considering a seperated shoulder, broken ribs, and a dislocated thinger for half of the season.
Now see, that is what I do not agree with. Most of Bradys comebacks involve Adam Vinatieri bailing him out at the end. But Brady gets another comeback added to his list. Thats totally unfair. Ben Roethlisberger throwing the winning touchdown pass in the Superbowl....thats a comeback. Not a kicker bailing you out with a fieldgoal at the end to save your ***.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:11 AM   #30
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Anybody else remember when people were saying that Romo would struggle without T.O and that he would be begging to have him back in Dallas? Those same people still believe that right now?
Old 07-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #31
MVP

Pacman83's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Now see, that is what I do not agree with. Most of Bradys comebacks involve Adam Vinatieri bailing him out at the end. But Brady gets another comeback added to his list. Thats totally unfair. Ben Roethlisberger throwing the winning touchdown pass in the Superbowl....thats a comeback. Not a kicker bailing you out with a fieldgoal at the end to save your ***.
I'm not high on Brady either, but isnt the Qb's job at the end of a game is to put the team in a position to win w/ a FG? Bailed him out? He put him close enough to kick it...that doesn't make sense to me man, its what he's supposed to do?

Edit: He's failed once to get his team a score in the SB with the game on the line...every other time he did what Champions do...that much you can't deny...hence me not understanding the logic here?

And Romo might be overrated a bit, but it more because of the team he plays for....but Schaub overrated??? Thats a joke...

GT: IIx PaCmAN xII
Rams/Mizzou/Cards

Last edited by Pacman83; 07-06-2010 at 12:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2010, 12:14 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacman83
I'm not high on Brady either, but isnt the Qb's job at the end of a game is to put the team in a position to win w/ a FG? Bailed him out? He put him close enough to kick it...that doesn't make sense to me man, its what he's supposed to do?
Oh, I agree. That is what he is supposed to do. But why should the comeback go to the quarterback? The Kicker should be the only won getting a game winning stat under those circumstances. The QB should get nothing unless he throws/run in the game winning touchdown.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »