Home

NFL's Best Tackles - A Little Love for The Second Most Important Position on Offense

This is a discussion on NFL's Best Tackles - A Little Love for The Second Most Important Position on Offense within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #9
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: NFL's Best Tackles - A Little Love for The Second Most Important Position on Offe

I'm Glad you mention Gross of the panthers. But you for about the other Tackle in Jeff Otah. He has become one of the best Oline Tackles in the league. Him and Gross open those running holes for Stewart and Dwill big time. Jeff Otah I got say is one of the best Tackles currently in the NFL.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 07-22-2010 at 12:20 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:38 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: NFL's Best Tackles - A Little Love for The Second Most Important Position on Offe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
WOW, on those two Larry Allen vids! I watched the second vid three times and still can't believe he ran down a linebacker. I remember Larry Allen being on another level but damn...

Krioniq, I can't argue against Ryan Clady. I originally had him on my list, but like elgreazy said, they're tough to evaluate unless they make a mistake, so I don't know if the 8 sacks and 20 pressures where on him, bad playcalling or an indecisive quarterback in a new system. But he went to the Pro Bowl last year and I do remember analysts being very high on him when he came out of Boise State, like he was going to be one of those brick walls you slide into the left side of your line and know you're going to be good for the next decade. So, yeah, he warrants mention.

And I'm still trying to figure out how to embed that Walter Jones video, but it's a must-see for anyone who appreciates line play or who has ever complained about blocking in video game football. In the last clip, he drove his man into the end zone on a strech play from about the 16 yard line. Him staying on that block into the second level wound up re-directing the pursuit angle of half of the Carolina defense. A thing of beauty.
Clady was bad last year because he is a Zone blocker and they changed into a system which he was unfamiliar, not to mention the QB was Orton. He is still really good, just not in their system.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »