Home

Better season Alex Smith or Matt Lienart?

This is a discussion on Better season Alex Smith or Matt Lienart? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2010, 01:00 PM   #41
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Better season Alex Smith or Matt Lienart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Thing about Leinart is, you constantly see him in interviews talking about how hard he works, and how good he is, and how he wants to carry his team, and this and that. Yet Whisenhunt's treatment of him clearly says otherwise. Reminds me of some interview he did about his son he had with some random college bball girl he knocked up, where he claimed to be doing all of this stuff for his son and being a great father and all of that, then when they asked the girl for comment she said he's barely ever around at all. Obviously that's a he said/she said type situation, but just saying, it matches a pattern you see from the guy in the media.

If he were doing all he claims to be doing, I doubt we'd be seeing an awful QB like Derek Anderson starting over him. It's crazy how with Warner retiring, Boldin gone, Fitz banged up, the Cards have gone from one of the top teams on the rise to a possible soon-to-be-rebuilding team.
They were never all that good to begin with. They had a good run in the playoffs a couple years ago but that was it. The only reason they got to the playoffs was that god awful division they're in.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 06:49 PM   #42
Pro

OVR: 9

Unbelievably inconsistent yes, but "not very good to begin with"? I don't think so. Two seasons ago they got to the playoffs by being in the NFC West. They proved they belonged there by beating teams that also made the playoffs and of course happen to be from other divisions.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:11 PM   #43

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by andayaman
Unbelievably inconsistent yes, but "not very good to begin with"? I don't think so. Two seasons ago they got to the playoffs by being in the NFC West. They proved they belonged there by beating teams that also made the playoffs and of course happen to be from other divisions.
Hence the "they had a good run in the playoffs part". Winning three games doesn't show that you belong with the top teams in the league, especially when both years they went to the playoffs they had to start in the Wild Card round. In 2008 they only beat three teams outside the division until the playoffs and last year they didn't beat many good teams before getting destroyed in the playoffs.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-02-2010, 09:56 PM   #44
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

They gave the steelers all they could handle...Making the playoffs is all that matters. no one gives a hoot how they made it.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-02-2010, 10:13 PM   #45

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
They gave the steelers all they could handle...Making the playoffs is all that matters. no one gives a hoot how they made it.
It certainly does matter if you're judging how good the team is. They weren't that great of a team the past two years and they look like hot garbage now.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2010, 10:23 PM   #46
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
It certainly does matter if you're judging how good the team is. They weren't that great of a team the past two years and they look like hot garbage now.
They also had some injuries on last year's team, if I recall. They have a talented team, but no young QB to go with it. Kurt Warner's last years there were a blessing and a curse.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 PM   #47
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

yeah i always felt talent wise they were up there...Especially on defense. Darnell Docket is a top 5 defensive lineman in the league.

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 09-03-2010, 11:00 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 32

Smith, because Leinart will most likely be cut.

Anderson is the started and Hall and Skelton have been told the made the team.
Washington Capitals
Washington Nationals

R.I.P. #21

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »