Home

Terrell Owens Signs With Cincinnati

This is a discussion on Terrell Owens Signs With Cincinnati within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2010, 12:52 PM   #57
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Terrell Owens Signs With Cincinnati

I'm shocked! Cincy signs another problematic player.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:56 PM   #58

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
You'd take Cedric Benson over Ray Rice?

I would not. Not now, not ever, actually. Ray Rice was a beast last year.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm just talking about the bengals vs ravens this year. Not which running back to have the better season.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #59
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Not at qb or cb, and I would take the Bengals defense right now over the Ravens.
I'd love to see Palmer get back to form but the Palmer we've seen post injury is not better than Flacco. You're right about cb but I said in my post that I'm talking about the defense as a unit. You're crazy if you think the Bengals D is better than the Ravens. They're finally getting to Marvin's standards and should be on the way up but lets have them prove it before saying they're better than a D that's consistently top 5 if not top 3 in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
I probably would too but, I will take that running game with a side of Cedric Benson. The Bengals don't have to lean on Palmer all the time, I mean he will have to do better with this crew no doubt about it but, I'll take them Bengals running over that Ravens defense this year. T.O. had like what, a little over 800 yards last season If I remember correctly and that was done on the Bills. On this team I think he can get close to 1,000 at least or just over it depending on how the ball is spread around.

Am I saying he's elite, no. I am saying he's solid enough to get that kind of production out of him on this kind of team if necessary.
Ray Rice+McGahee+McClain >>>>>> Benson+whoever else is on the Bengals team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBrick
I think you misunderstood what I was saying. I'm just talking about the bengals vs ravens this year. Not which running back to have the better season.
But the conversation is about comparing positions. You're talking about something else.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:28 PM   #60
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

[quote=wwharton;2041388067]I'd love to see Palmer get back to form but the Palmer we've seen post injury is not better than Flacco. You're right about cb but I said in my post that I'm talking about the defense as a unit. You're crazy if you think the Bengals D is better than the Ravens. They're finally getting to Marvin's standards and should be on the way up but lets have them prove it before saying they're better than a D that's consistently top 5 if not top 3 in the league.

There is no doubt the Ravens have the better d, they were the best d in the league last year. That being said the Bengals had a very good d last year too. I just think the Bengals are the better overall team. They did go 6-0 in the division last year and will be healthier this year, I hope.

Also the Bengals did lead the league in rushing last year so Benson+whoever else is on the Bengals team must have been doing something right.
Old 07-28-2010, 05:07 PM   #61
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

[quote=jake44np;2041388387]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I'd love to see Palmer get back to form but the Palmer we've seen post injury is not better than Flacco. You're right about cb but I said in my post that I'm talking about the defense as a unit. You're crazy if you think the Bengals D is better than the Ravens. They're finally getting to Marvin's standards and should be on the way up but lets have them prove it before saying they're better than a D that's consistently top 5 if not top 3 in the league.

There is no doubt the Ravens have the better d, they were the best d in the league last year. That being said the Bengals had a very good d last year too. I just think the Bengals are the better overall team. They did go 6-0 in the division last year and will be healthier this year, I hope.

Also the Bengals did lead the league in rushing last year so Benson+whoever else is on the Bengals team must have been doing something right.
You specifically said you'd take the Bengals Defense over the Ravens. If that's your opinion then stick to it. Here you're backing out of that statement. Of course I don't agree, and feel pretty strongly about the Ravens being better, while still giving the Bengals credit for their improvement... they're not THERE yet.

Some take on an individual sport mentality when evaluating teams. While the Bengals have improved changes are made to all the other teams in the league as well. The schedule changes, new injuries will appear, etc. Bengals fans made a similar mistake when Marvin first got there and they started moving in the right direction. Lets make this simple... do you honestly believe the Bengals will go 6-0 in the division this year? If you don't then the rationale presented is moot (as I feel it should be).

The Bengals have a very good running attack but I don't think you'll find anyone outside of Cincinnati (and probably some in Cincy) that would rather have Benson than Ray Rice, let alone the entire Ravens RB core vs the Bengals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 07:40 PM   #62
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Forgot that they Bengals had signed Matt Jones this year but I'm assuming they were never too confident in him making an impact this year and that he'll probably be the odd man out before Training Camp.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 PM   #63
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm feeling neutral on this signing. A part of me thinks great we got T.O. a future hall of famer who can help our passing game. Another part of me thinks this is going to be a circus and T.O. is a cancer.

I'm anxious to see how T.O. preforms but more more anxious to see how Carson preforms. If Carson struggles with Chad and T.O. it might be time for the Bengals to move on.
Old 07-28-2010, 09:26 PM   #64
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Joe Flacco and Carson Palmer had exactly one weapon each. Flacco had Ray Rice and Palmer had Ocho.

Flacco had a better year all things considered. Because Flacco is more talented and hasn't had a horrible knee injury.
Flacco is not more talented. Before the knee injury Carson was on his way to becoming one of the top QB's in the league.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »