Home

Which Fan Base Is Most Loyal?

This is a discussion on Which Fan Base Is Most Loyal? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which Fan Base Is Most Loyal?
Jets 3 2.48%
Patriots 1 0.83%
Bills 6 4.96%
Dolphins 0 0%
Ravens 1 0.83%
Steelers 9 7.44%
Browns 12 9.92%
Bengals 4 3.31%
Raiders 5 4.13%
Broncos 1 0.83%
Chiefs 6 4.96%
Chargers 0 0%
Jaguars 2 1.65%
Titans 1 0.83%
Texans 0 0%
Colts 2 1.65%
Eagles 5 4.13%
Redskins 4 3.31%
Giants 2 1.65%
Cowboys 10 8.26%
Bears 9 7.44%
Packers 26 21.49%
Vikings 3 2.48%
Lions 2 1.65%
49ers 1 0.83%
Rams 1 0.83%
Seahawks 1 0.83%
Cardinals 0 0%
Panthers 0 0%
Falcons 0 0%
Saints 3 2.48%
Buccaneers 1 0.83%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #65
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Which Fan Base Is Most Loyal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnes12eaglesfan
i wouldnt be lying. big companies do it all the time. they only poll so many people and manipulate it to get good results. i would be telling the truth, but i would just fail to mention that i only polled OS members with the eagles logo as their avatar
You honestly think there's a team more popular than the Cowboys?

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #66
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
eagles fans may be hooligans, but they are not atrocious. we have a lot of great fans

its the small % of hooligans that get all the publicity for being "atrocious"
for that quote so true. I think regardless eagles fans are there for the team. living in pittsburgh fans to me are just as nuts for the steelers, but how they show it i think is different. for instance i love the eagles have eagle stuff, but these nuts out here buy there cars , bikinis( was really nice to see i saluted the black and gold) walk around in palamalo wigs. but i have to say the terrilble towel is awesome staple for anytime makes me jealous the eagles don't have one. so my vote would go to steelers or pack( non brett farve)
Old 08-09-2010, 02:22 PM   #67
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

this means nothing. one can manipulate stats to make them say whatever you want. i could take a poll of OS members and come out with a number that says 95% of OS members are eagles fans. of course thats not true but i could make the numbers say that. i think in terms of "loyalty" dallas is far behind green bay
Look, you can think whatever you want, but the numbers simply don't support your statement. Harris Interactive is the nations largest and most respected polling service. The have been conducting this particular survey since 1993. To simply dismiss the results out of hand because you don't like them is intellectually dishonest.

Facts are facts--only Dallas and Green Bay have ranked in the top 10 favorite teams each of the last ten years. What better way is there to measure fan loyalty?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 PM   #68
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
i wouldnt be lying. big companies do it all the time. they only poll so many people and manipulate it to get good results. i would be telling the truth, but i would just fail to mention that i only polled OS members with the eagles logo as their avatar
Are you suggesting that Harris Interactive did something like that? If so, why?
Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #69
In case you forgot...

mKoz26's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Facts are facts--only Dallas and Green Bay have ranked in the top 10 favorite teams each of the last ten years. What better way is there to measure fan loyalty?
Loyalty and popularity are two completely different things. Loyalty involves sticking it out through the good and the bad with enthusiasm and optimism for the future (probably a bad way of putting it, but I think you understand what I mean). This is not measurable in any poll. Popularity is, because popularity simply counts the number of fans, not the quality.

@CDonkey26

Quote:
Originally Posted by baumy300
Yeah, she may be a bit of a beotch, but you get back to me when you find out a way to motorboat personality...
Old 08-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #70
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
Packers. The only way to get season tickets in premium seats is to inherit them.
Or wait until they upgrade their stadium again and get in the lottery for the new club seats they add. That's what my dad did and now he has them. Not that that's going to happen again any time soon, but I'm just saying.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:28 PM   #71
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Look, you can think whatever you want, but the numbers simply don't support your statement. Harris Interactive is the nations largest and most respected polling service. The have been conducting this particular survey since 1993. To simply dismiss the results out of hand because you don't like them is intellectually dishonest.

the poll doesnt measure loyalty.. it measures who your favorite team is. if the eagles are sucking my favorite team will still be the eagles. same goes for a bandwagoner fan. their favorite team will still be say the cowboys, but do they really care about the cowboys? not if they are sucking. and i didnt really read the poll before i posted lol sorry. im not dismissing the results, i actually agree with it, but the poll doesnt measure loyalty. you cant measure something like loyalty its gotta be something tangible

Quote:
Originally Posted by mKoz26
You honestly think there's a team more popular than the Cowboys?

no i didnt really read what the poll was about. i agree with it the cowboys are the most popular, but not the most loyal

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2010, 02:30 PM   #72
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Are you suggesting that Harris Interactive did something like that? If so, why?

im not suggesting they did, im just saying that you cant really read into polls too much because alot of times they are biased.. not saying this one is, but alot are

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »