Home

Cold Water: The 49ers Will Not Win the West

This is a discussion on Cold Water: The 49ers Will Not Win the West within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2010, 03:06 PM   #41
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Cold Water: The 49ers Will Not Win the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
the biggest problem was that the coaching staff was brain-dead for most of the first half. Used all 3 timeouts waiting for play calls to come in, and THEN took 2 delay of game penalties.

Singletary needs to take a good long look in the mirror before he calls anyone out on this game.
Oh, boy, adem, I hope Singletary ain't trolling these boards. I hear he's still looking for the player who leaked the story about him pulling his pants down during half time.

But on another note. What is with Singletary's Jimmy Raye fixation? Just looking over his resume, he's had a lot of stops, but I don't recall his offenses being that highly regarded. The whole thing smacks of Art Shell's Tom Walsh fixation a few years ago in Oakland.

I caught that article posted in the other thread about the blown timeouts that I thought was pretty funny... frightening if you're a fan. Singletary tried to float the consiracy theory that Smith's headset kept going out, even mentioned how it happened last time they played there. When Smith was asked about it, he was like "no way". The only time the headset was out was when the playclock ticked pass 15 seconds, and that the coaches just didn't have the calls ready.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2010, 03:46 AM   #42
Banned

OVR: 12

Not the biggest Martz fan but compared to Jimmy Raye ...

Singletary made that call, as well as being rigid about Smith, who had some poor games last year (at home against Chicago and Arizona off the top of my head).

And now he's worried about the rat and promising to shut down Brees?

Mike is writing checks he can't cash.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:24 PM   #43
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

"In time the smell will come." --Mike Singletary 2010

Not sure how I'd feel about it if it were my team, but I love every time someone puts a microphone in Mike Singletary's face. I think he could have some success with that team as the locker room leaders seem to follow his lead. The problem is that he's not a scheme or X and O guy, which means he's got to be surrounded by bright minds to run both sides of the ball. He is not and his subborn support of Jimmy Raye might be the death of him.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:04 AM   #44
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

I don't know what to think at this point. I have a bad feeling its going to get worse.

What pisses me off, in retrospect, is that Singletary got the job in the first place. I have to admit, I supported the hire. He'd been an outstanding linebackers coach, but the thing was, I kinda figured if he was gonna fail, he'd do it in year 1... or year 1.5 if you're measuring the half year he spent as interim. Then if he did, Gruden, Shannahan, and Holmgren were still available.

But he didn't fail in his first year. He didn't succeed, but he gave everyone the impression he was a good coach. Yet, we had constant questions. We loved his attitude and his team personality, but the actual on-the-field product was a head scratcher of the highest order.

No identity on offense, unless running into the line for a 1 yard gain twice and then throwing an incomplete pass that would have been short of the first down anyways is an identity.

I guess I can't blame anyone. I supported the decision. I really did. 4 months left in the season... hopefully Gruden's still around.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 09-19-2010, 04:01 AM   #45
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I don't know what to think at this point. I have a bad feeling its going to get worse.

No identity on offense, unless running into the line for a 1 yard gain twice and then throwing an incomplete pass that would have been short of the first down anyways is an identity.

I guess I can't blame anyone. I supported the decision. I really did. 4 months left in the season... hopefully Gruden's still around.
Blame our OC. Who the hell uses Moran Norris on the goalline? Give it to your playmakers. Heck even Dixon would be a better option.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #46
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by richierich
Blame our OC. Who the hell uses Moran Norris on the goalline? Give it to your playmakers. Heck even Dixon would be a better option.
Funny you mention that, because he punched it in at the goalline tonight.

I like that they used Dixon right there too. Get him in there and get him some touches.
Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #47
MVP

yup finally getting Dixon some action

Old 09-21-2010, 02:17 AM   #48
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

I want to see him getting more touches as the season goes on. Especially when Gore has to come out of the game like he did in that one drive in the 3rd quarter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »