Home

16 or 18 Games?

This is a discussion on 16 or 18 Games? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
16 Game Regular Season 106 74.13%
18 Game Regular Season 37 25.87%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2010, 01:01 AM   #49
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: 16 or 18 Games?

The NFL should learn from the MLB and NBA, more games aren't always a good thing.

Don't mess with a good thing. Keep it at 16.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 08-27-2010, 01:03 AM   #50
All Star

Kobalt's Arena

OVR: 41

16 games imo.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:19 AM   #51
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I voted for 18 simply because in reality it is also two less pre-season games. I'm not sure teams would be clinching any earlier simply because it also means teams on the bubble have a better chance of getting in too.

Teams will have to strategize a bit differently but I'd still rather have two games that count then the two we would lose that don't. People get hurt in pre-season, regular season, post season, hell people get hurt laying flag football in the off season...

Nascar: #88 Junior
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 01:43 AM   #52
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerFan1983
IMO, they should definitely lower the cost of preseason tickets. Who wants to spend $60 or more to watch starters either play half a game or maybe a series or two? I saw tickets to the 49ers final preseason game with San Diego in the lower seating areas near the endzone for $8.99
I should also specify that this was on StubHub. They even had them in the upper boxes for $2
Old 08-27-2010, 09:33 AM   #53
MVP

xrams's Arena

OVR: 12

More FB is always a great thing....!!!! add regular week to each end of the season and there you have it... even if you add a extra bye... that's just one more month... no prob.... if the players union get more medical/pension they'd be for it also....

Old 08-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #54
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

I'm going with 16 games. Because going to 18 games could cause big problems and up the risk of players getting injuried before the playoffs. I really think owners are just trying to make more money off of this. Because from what I'm hearing ESPN from alot NFL players. That they do not like the idea of a 18 game season. Plus alot of teams need 4 preseason games to give rookies and undrafted FAs a chance to make the team and also gives teams a chance to knock off the offseason rust and get into game playing shape. Alot of players know 2 extra games is wrong and so do I. Between Roger Goodell and Owners they are slowly killing football as we know it just to fill their pockets. They need to think about the players health most of all. 16 games and if your team makes it to the playoffs another 3- 4 games. That's already enough stress on the players body as it is. 2 more games could just increase the chances of a major injury.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #55
Banned

ut_jazz's Arena

OVR: 8

16 is just fine
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #56
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

I love how some people think that this is the first time the NFL has changed the number of regular season games. Not talking about just here but the media as well. They changed from 12 to 14 to 16 and no major issues. The starters only play a total of a game in the pre-season any way. The 1st game= a few series, the 2nd= 1st quarter, the 3rd= first half & maybe a series or two in the 3rd, the 4th= none at all. Maybe if they expand the practice squad so when a player goes down they have players in the system learning the play book. We will have 18 games in 2012 because 2011 will not happen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »