Home

Matt Leinart has been cut today by the Cardinals

This is a discussion on Matt Leinart has been cut today by the Cardinals within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Matt Leinart has been cut today by the Cardinals

WOW......He might go down in history as the biggest most expensive bust in NFL history. He can be thrown into the category of Ryan Leaf, Cade McNown, etc.

Didn't see that coming when they drafted him. I always thought he would be pretty good in the NFL.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...dinals-leinart
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 07:12 PM   #2
We'll waste him too.

snepp's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Matt Leinart has been cut today by the Cardinals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
WOW......He might go down in history as the biggest most expensive bust in NFL history.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 55

I too thought Leinart would be a solid QB in the NFL like Carson Palmer. Little did I know he's turn out to be a bigger bust than Reggie Bush (who I never had faith in) when it was all said and done.

The fact is, when Derek Anderson can beat you out for a starting job in the NFL, then you suck. Leinart and Brady Quinn can be pals now.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by snepp
You've always been one of my favorite posters on this forum and posts like this are definitely a reason why!
Old 09-04-2010, 07:39 PM   #5
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
I too thought Leinart would be a solid QB in the NFL like Carson Palmer. Little did I know he's turn out to be a bigger bust than Reggie Bush (who I never had faith in) when it was all said and done.

The fact is, when Derek Anderson can beat you out for a starting job in the NFL, then you suck. Leinart and Brady Quinn can be pals now.
Atleast Bush has had productive seasons(yeah hasn't lived up to hype, but hard to when your pronounced the next football god). I'm suprised Leinart wasn't even given a shot this season tho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
I'm suprised Leinart wasn't even given a shot this season tho
Apparently Whisenhunt didn't like Leinart's lack of work ethic and was looking for any excuse to get rid of him as fast as he could. I've also heard that while Leinart knows the plays and what to do his timing from thought to reaction is quite poor.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-04-2010, 07:55 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 30

I can see an argument for Leinart being a more disappointing player than Fat Marcus.

It was obvious Russell was going to be a bust the moment the Raiders traded Moss who was really the only WR in the league who could make him look decent.

Leinart on the other hand should have been at least a decent QB. I never thought he'd be a great player, but a solid starter for several years. I figured that sitting a few years behind Warner would have done him well, but I guess not.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:16 PM   #8
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

The Cardinals were searching for a reason to dump him. He outplayed D.A. in the preseason on fewer reps, but it didn't matter. His weak arm and over-inflated ego are the biggest things to hold against him. If he can readjust his perspective and get a better feel for a new offense, he could still be a serviceable quarterback. A bust? Yes. Anywhere near the biggest ever? Not by a long shot. It's ridiculous to say that Anderson out-played him when Derek was given twice as many snaps in preseason than Matt was.

And now the Cardinals slink back into mediocrity and compete with Buffalo and Cleveland for the top three draft spots. Who knows, maybe they're just writing off this season in hopes that Ryan Mallett falls in their lap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »