Home

T.J. Houshmandzadeh to join Ravens

This is a discussion on T.J. Houshmandzadeh to join Ravens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #25
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
Re: T.J. Houshmandzadeh to join Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf371
If he were worth more than the minimum another team would have made a better offer. The 7.5 million was guaranteed by Seattle, right? He would get that money no matter what contract he signed.

Another thing about the 7.5 million is that Seattle apparently felt it was worth giving up that guaranteed money to get him off the roster. Housh is clearly a stop-gap in this situation because the Ravens feel thin at wide receiver for this season, but if they find someone better and younger (say, in the next draft) they won't want to keep him around.
The 2nd paragraph I may agree with but the 1st paragraph makes no sense. Why would a team pay him more then the minimum when hes guaranteed 7.5mil regardless. They have 0 reason to give him more then that and he has no reason to ask for more since hes getting paid what he would this season anyways. With Mason aging and wanting to retire each year if sure if the Ravens have success this season they will resign TJ to a fair contract, nothing crazy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #26
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fridge
LOL i remember when he got all but hurt when in madden 10 he complained about how slow he is .. maybe ea did a rating right for once
To this defense, he was joking when he made that comment. It was taken out of context of course.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:21 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyes_Doc
To this defense, he was joking when he made that comment. It was taken out of context of course.
oh i thought he was serious because he even when on ESPN about how he did not like his speed rating ... he had the EA devs go on ESPN to ... i don't know if you remember that
Old 09-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #28
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by the fridge
oh i thought he was serious because he even when on ESPN about how he did not like his speed rating ... he had the EA devs go on ESPN to ... i don't know if you remember that
I'm having a hard time remembering everything that happened. But I do remember him saying he wasn't serious about it and said it was out of fun, and it was taken out of context.

Of course, he could of been saying that just to get rid of all the backlash he faced from his comments.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:51 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 17

I don't think it was his speed rating, but his rating overall. And yeah, I seriously doubt he was actually mad about it, probably just talking smack because it was lower than it should have been after a number of productive seasons from him.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:57 PM   #30
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
...Why would a team pay him more then the minimum when hes guaranteed 7.5mil regardless...
Two teams could have got in a bidding war, which would have raised the amount the winning team would have had to pay him. Seattle then would be (and still is) required to pay the rest of the guaranteed money.

It's pretty clear Housh's stock is pretty low, or else more teams would have been lined up for his services. I still think he's a good veteran pickup for a team like Baltimore.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 09-06-2010 at 11:02 PM. Reason: typo
Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 PM   #31
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I don't think there is a "megapower" team in the AFC, so I can see Baltimore being one of the top teams. Still don't buy them as a great, great, team or anything, though. Definitely need to see more from Flacco, and this would be the year where there's no excuses, as he's three years in, and now he's got WR's everywhere.
The Colts don't count as a "megapower"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kng23rich
The 2nd paragraph I may agree with but the 1st paragraph makes no sense. Why would a team pay him more then the minimum when hes guaranteed 7.5mil regardless. They have 0 reason to give him more then that and he has no reason to ask for more since hes getting paid what he would this season anyways. With Mason aging and wanting to retire each year if sure if the Ravens have success this season they will resign TJ to a fair contract, nothing crazy.
Another team offers him more, then he goes to the other team instead of Baltimore unless Baltimore offers him more. He's not going to sign for less money just because he can. His value is apparently at the point where he's only worth the league minimum.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 12:02 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 17

Eh, I've never felt the Colts were a "megapower". I just see them as a dangerously efficient offense, with an average defense that plays over its head a few times a year (aside from Freeney, who is a HOF'er). I find it amazing that such an offense-oriented team wins so many games EVERY year. I figured the rest of the league would have caught up to them a few years ago, but still no luck with that. They're a team that I never felt was built for the playoffs, and with the way they constantly lose in the playoffs, I feel that confirms it. They got their one SB in a year where most of the league was really bad, not to discredit the Colts themselves as you can only play against the competition in front of you, but Rex Grossman in a Superbowl? C'mon. They made another SB, and fell short, like they always seem to do when the competition goes up in the playoffs. They're not quite Charger-level postseason bad, but their postseason struggles have always made me think less of them.

Their winning is highly impressive, they're probably the most consistently winning team in the past 15 years, correct? It's very impressive, I just don't judge a team solely on regular season record. Not in football.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »