Home

Aaron Rodgers

This is a discussion on Aaron Rodgers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Aaron Rodgers

Rodgers is a very special qb and he is only going to get better if he stays healthy. A qb with a strong arm, accurate, and has mobility. The Packers got their franchise qb.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 17

Considering Rodgers is currently sitting on the best 2 year start of any QB in the history of pro football.....i'd say the hype is justified. Ted Thompson looks like a freakin' genius right now for kicking Old Yeller to the curb.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:19 AM   #27
Banned

Given the pressure of his situation, and the fact that there wasn't really "great" talent around him, I'd say he's been very impressive. I don't know if I'd call him an elite QB just yet, but he's certainly a class above the other new starters in the past two years. I'm glad it worked out for him, he could have handled the Favre situation really badly (and I really wouldn't have blamed him if he did), but he just kept his mouth shut, worked hard, and now he's a star. Should of paid attention to that, Matt Leinart.

Kind of funny how A LOT of Packer fans were demanding to trade him when the whole Favre vs. Rodgers situation happened. Imagine if they actually did that, wow.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:46 PM   #28
Forever Faithful

NinerFan1983's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
Kind of funny how A LOT of Packer fans were demanding to trade him when the whole Favre vs. Rodgers situation happened. Imagine if they actually did that, wow.
I remember this too. They were demanding that Rodgers be traded because he wasn't a "proven" QB.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #29
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinerFan1983
I remember this too. They were demanding that Rodgers be traded because he wasn't a "proven" QB.

fans can be wrong about a lot of things. when the eagles drafted westbrook.. all of the fans thought he was going to get cut, thought he was too small and not good enough to be in the nfl. same goes for trent cole. not one eagles fan (that i know of) thought that trent cole would even be a starter, let alone even make the team. so fans can be wrong and will be wrong about a lot of things. one can never tell anything about a player until you see him on the field for an extended period of time. im sure a lot of raider fans thought jamarcus russell would be and mvp when he was drafted

Old 09-09-2010, 03:23 PM   #30
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Sure is a lot of love for a guy who hasn't even won a playoff game yet. Let's put away the anointing oil for now, people.
Coming from a cowboys fan is a slap in the face. Let's not talk about JC of the cowboys he's won one playoff game and he's the second coming of Troy Aikman. Anywho I happen to agree with your statement i can't give props to anyone til they win a couple of playoff games even kolb . i think they can win a playoff game this year, but first they need to beat minesota and not get embarrassed at home by farve.

Last edited by Hova57; 09-09-2010 at 11:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:08 PM   #31
Banned

Rodgers pretty much victimized the Vikes defense too though in those games. I don't think Favre is going to have the same luck this year against the Packers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #32
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
Coming from a cowboys fan is a slap in the face. Let's not talk about JC of the cowboys he's won one playoff game and he's the second coming of Troy Aikman. Anywho I happen to agree with your statement i can't give props to anyone til they one a couple of playoff games even kolb . i think they can win a playoff game this year, but first they need to beat minesota and not get embarrassed at home by farve.
dude put up 45 points on Arizona and threw for over 400 yards and 4 TDs. I think he played plenty well enough for his team to win if his defense had shown up in anyway
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »