Home

Aaron Rodgers

This is a discussion on Aaron Rodgers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Aaron Rodgers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Who's ahead of him besides Manning and Brees? I really don't see anyone that could be ranked ahead of him besides maybe those two
Roethlisberger. Rivers has been as good as Rodgers for longer. Assuming tonight was just some weird anomaly and not a sign of things to come, Favre has to be ahead of him as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 01:02 AM   #42
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Rodgers needs to win a playoff game now to become an elite QB IMO. But other than that, there's not really too much you can knock him for as far as playing the position. Yea I'll take Brady, Manning, and Brees over him but it's not like there's a HUGE gap between him and those 3 or even Roethlisberger and Rivers(which is debatable)like some folks are making it seem.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:12 AM   #43
Dog
aka jnes12/JNes__

Dog's Arena

OVR: 60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Rodgers needs to win a playoff game now to become an elite QB IMO. But other than that, there's not really too much you can knock him for as far as playing the position. Yea I'll take Brady, Manning, and Brees over him but it's not like there's a HUGE gap between him and those 3 or even Roethlisberger and Rivers(which is debatable)like some folks are making it seem.

imo:

tier 1:

brady, manning, brees.

tier 2:

rivers, big ben (dont feel like spelling hsi last name and failing), rodgers

Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 AM   #44
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

And again there's not a huge gap that really separates any of them from each other. Hell with Rodgers and Rivers, I doubt you'll find significant differences between the two other than the fact that one more mobile than the other. Otherwise when it comes to those two, it's basically all about preference really.

Hell the fact that people are ranking him THIS high on their lists in only 2 years says more about him.

Oh and I don't know about the part that there was "A LOT" of Packer Fans that wanted him traded but I'd say it was probably 60-40 at the time but that only because they wanted Brett back that badly and not because it had anything to do with Rodgers' talent.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #45
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
Roethlisberger. Rivers has been as good as Rodgers for longer. Assuming tonight was just some weird anomaly and not a sign of things to come, Favre has to be ahead of him as well.
I could be wrong, but I don't think I am when I say at least from a statistical standpoint, Rodgers has been a starter for 2 years and has been better than Rivers for 2 years. And I definitely don't see Favre as being a better QB at this point in time.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 10:16 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 17

I still don't understand why Ben isn't considered top tier. There aren't many QB's in the league with his kind of track record. He's beaten the top teams, the top defenses, won tons of playoff games, won two SB's, won in the clutch time and time again, and he's done it with a horrid offensive line. Their last SB year he had virtually no running game OR offensive line help, and he still won a SB in one of the most **** QB performances in history. His stat lines have been good too, aside from his accident year when he shouldn't have been playing anyways. Maybe not top 5 fantasy stats, which is why I think people view him as a "second tier" guy, which is silly.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #47
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I still don't understand why Ben isn't considered top tier. There aren't many QB's in the league with his kind of track record. He's beaten the top teams, the top defenses, won tons of playoff games, won two SB's, won in the clutch time and time again, and he's done it with a horrid offensive line. Their last SB year he had virtually no running game OR offensive line help, and he still won a SB in one of the most **** QB performances in history. His stat lines have been good too, aside from his accident year when he shouldn't have been playing anyways. Maybe not top 5 fantasy stats, which is why I think people view him as a "second tier" guy, which is silly.
I'd have him in my top 5 assuming he comes back from this suspension looking as good as he has in the past
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #48
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I could be wrong, but I don't think I am when I say at least from a statistical standpoint, Rodgers has been a starter for 2 years and has been better than Rivers for 2 years. And I definitely don't see Favre as being a better QB at this point in time.
In the two years since Rodgers became starter, Rivers has beaten him in YPA, completion percentage, and passer rating in both years. Rivers also threw more TDs than Rodgers in 2008. Both are "numbers" QBs and Rivers has put up superior numbers for the most part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »