Home

Monday Night Showdown Ravens @ Jets

This is a discussion on Monday Night Showdown Ravens @ Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Monday Night Showdown Ravens @ Jets

If you look at it...All Rex has done is try to make the Jets exactly how the Ravens are. A trash talking Defensive football Team. Rex runs his mouth to place all of the pressure on him and off of his players.Which is smart in my book...but I agree totally with Ray!! Revis is a GREAT corner, but he can't stick everyone. We have so many weapons it isn't funny.I just hope Cam Cameron has the right plays ready to go. It will be great game.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #18
MVP

Other Guy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I hope the Ravens kill them and hopefully end all the hype early.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Can't believe the Ravens are getting points. It's like stealing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LHSLax_D24
24-7 Ravens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
God I hope they beat the **** out of the Jets.

I agree with all of these. If I was into sports betting, I'd be all over the Ravens in this one.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #19
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAllen20
Maybe I'm blinded by my bias, but have the Jets really talked a lot of crap? I guess last year we did a little bit to the Patriots, but the rest of it is Rex Ryan saying he thinks this team can win a Super Bowl. Other than that, I haven't heard much. Sounds like Ray Lewis has talked more crap.

But I'm waiting for the Terminator and Lewis to meet up. Would be awesome if one of these two knocked the other one out. I'm hoping it will be the Terminator though.
No.

Ray's comments were directed more at the undue "hype" the Jets have received since their run last year. Like the Jets the reigning champs when really they haven't done anything.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #20
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28

Love Ray Lewis..telling it like it is.

Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I don't know why Ray is getting so riled up about Rex Ryan mentioning him. All that happened is that for the last preseason game the Jets had Sanchez calling plays, and when Rex Ryan announced this in a press conference, he talked about how he had done the same thing on defense with the Ravens before. He didn't take shots at Ray Lewis, and bringing up Ray Lewis had nothing to do with the fact that the Jets and Ravens play this week.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #22
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
I don't know why Ray is getting so riled up about Rex Ryan mentioning him. All that happened is that for the last preseason game the Jets had Sanchez calling plays, and when Rex Ryan announced this in a press conference, he talked about how he had done the same thing on defense with the Ravens before. He didn't take shots at Ray Lewis, and bringing up Ray Lewis had nothing to do with the fact that the Jets and Ravens play this week.
Yeah Ray was definitely making something out of nothing with that.

I didn't take it as Rex calling Ray and Ed dumb. It was more of a compliment if anything. Basically saying "you know if great/smart players like Ray/Ed tap out of playcalling duties, you have your [Mark Sanchez] work cut out for you".

I hate undue hype as much as the next person but Ray is talking just to talk. I love his honesty but just shut up and play. Actually don't shut up because I like intrigue.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #23
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

The Jets are going to find themselves in a lot of these pre game war of words leading up to the game. Hell you already know when they play the Pats, they(media)are going to hype the mess outta what Brady said about the Jets a few weeks ago.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Of course, but Ray didn't see it, so don't you think the media pundits twisted it when they interviewed him, so that this could happen so that people can be hype for MNF.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »