Home

Monday Night Showdown Ravens @ Jets

This is a discussion on Monday Night Showdown Ravens @ Jets within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Monday Night Showdown Ravens @ Jets

The war of words has already started.

Quote:
Ray Lewis on Jets: "If you’re the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers and multiple rings"

Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis said he's reached the point where he's gotten tired of hearing all the hype coming from the New York Jets, the Ravens' season-opening opponent.

On Wednesday, Lewis let everyone know his true feelings about Rex Ryan and the Jets.

"I’m going to be very careful with this, we’re talking about the Jets like we’re talking about the Saints," Lewis said. "That’s the Super Bowl champs. Until they play tonight, that’s the only people that can be dethroned. Drew Brees and the Saints, not Mark Sanchez and the Jets. All of this ‘We’re the Miami Heat of football.’ If you’re the Miami Heat, we got to be the Lakers and multiple rings."

Lewis said the Jets' talk will only take them so far.

"The game ain’t played through tongues," he said. "The game is played when you buckle up your chin strap. So, all this pressure [Ryan] wants to put on his team, I hope they can cash the check that he writes."

Lewis was angered by the fact that Ryan took a shot at him in the most recent episode of "Hard Knocks." According to Ryan, he allowed Lewis to call some plays in a fourth preseason game when he was with the Ravens, but he said Lewis "tapped out" after a few plays.

"We’re not talking about whether I didn’t want to call one defense or not," Lewis said. "Coach Mark Sanchez. Coach your Jets. My name should not come out Rex’s mouth unless you’re telling somebody to come block me, which is going to be a very hard damn task come Monday night."

Lewis was asked about Jets fullback John Connor, who has been nicknamed the Terminator.

"The only Terminator I know is Arnold Schwarzenegger," Lewis said.
Credit, The Baltimore Sun
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #2

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Monday Night Showdown Ravens @ Jets

Wow I'm lovin' this already. Can't wait for it. It's going to be some hard hits in this one, gonna be a dog fight.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:31 PM   #3
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

I hope the Ravens kill them and hopefully end all the hype early.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 09-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
I hope the Ravens kill them and hopefully end all the hype early.
I like your thinking.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:42 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Ray Lewis is so right. The Jets have received the most unfounded pre-season hype in recent memory. They were lucky to make the playoffs last year, and caught lightning in a bottle during the post-season. Wouldn't shock me at all if they were sitting at home come January.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2010, 03:39 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Can't believe the Ravens are getting points. It's like stealing.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:44 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

More from that conversation, credit ESPN.com

Quote:
FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis may have provided the Jets with some bulletin-board fodder by claiming the Jets don't have any excuses now that star cornerback Darrelle Revis is back with the team after a 36-day holdout.

Jets blog

Jets Looking for more information on the
green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog

"I'm always honest: I'm glad he signed, but I don't care what kind of shape he's in," Lewis said in anticipation of Monday night's matchup. "I don't care nothing about Revis outside of, we play on Sundays and that's it. ... I'm just glad he is signed, so there is no excuses. Don't come and say, 'Oh, we didn't have Revis.' Have everybody y'all need to have. Whoever y'all need to go sign ... whatever to do, sign who you need to sign, stack your deck and let's go play football."

Lewis, who played for then Baltimore defensive coordinator Rex Ryan for years, wasn't done.

"Revis puts his pants on one leg at a time," he said Thursday in a conference call with the New York media. "He's not a machine. He's a simple man, and he has to deal with everything we're willing to bring to the table as well. Hopefully, he's ready to play. Hopefully, his 35-day layoff didn't hurt him. But we don't need no hope. Y'all can keep your hope because we've got enough hope over here. We're packing our bags, and we're not packing our bags to come play water polo. We're packing our bags to come play football."
Can't wait for Monday
Old 09-09-2010, 04:05 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

So we have a fullback and a linebacker that are happy Revis is playing.

I wonder how the receivers feel?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »